Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadboy
    • Jul 2013

It's actually in Square One in Mississauga though, so I'm not so confident that they'd stock BBS.

Comment

• gregor
      • Oct 2014

if simons thinks it can sell junya watanabe in gatineau, there's no end to their craziness.

Comment

• ClockworkRabbit
        • May 2015

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement shoelaces for a pair of MA+ suture lace derbies?

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
          • Feb 2015

I'm looking for some shorts for coming heat and have narrowed my choices down to a pair of cotton pods vs nylon blend memphis pods. Not the most monumental decision ever - but I would appreciate any input in favor of one or the other.

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
            I'm looking for some shorts for coming heat and have narrowed my choices down to a pair of cotton pods vs nylon blend memphis pods. Not the most monumental decision ever - but I would appreciate any input in favor of one or the other.
            I’m probably recommending the basket swingers in linen/silk for the hundreth time, but they are for summer and have been thoroughly tested by me in the Croatian heat.

Between your two choices I’d reccomend the cotton version.

Now to my own question:

I’m thinking about getting a sleeveless dress for summer, the only thing I’m concerned about is the length – it does look like it would drag on the floor, which I’m not too keen of. Does anyone have some experience with this piece? I’m 1,85cm tall, would it still drag?

Thanks in advance!

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
              Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
              I’m probably recommending the basket swingers in linen/silk for the hundreth time, but they are for summer and have been thoroughly tested by me in the Croatian heat.

Between your two choices I’d reccomend the cotton version.
              Watch out fromcolortoblack, there are two versions of the cotton pods, a thick (cotton fleece) and a thin (cotton jersey).

I have the thick one, and it was too warm for the summer we had in Paris last year (although it was an unusually warm summer... but with global warming underway, who knows how future summers are going to be...). So if your facing very high temperatures, I'd go for the thin jersey version. - I'd love to myself but I'm broke now :(

and about silk... I always thought silk is a fabric that is pretty good at retaining heat, so I'm not sure it's really good for summer.... but I might be wrong...

Comment

• Tuananh0731
                • Oct 2014

Hey fam. Anyone knows how could i buy a new shoelaces for derby ccp? My friend dog has bitten off my old ones yesterday
                Cheers

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                  and about silk... I always thought silk is a fabric that is pretty good at retaining heat, so I'm not sure it's really good for summer.... but I might be wrong...
                  The percentage of silk in these shorts is too low to make an impact on the experienced temperature of the wearer. It’s mixed in for looks and feel only.
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                    The percentage of silk in these shorts is too low to make an impact on the experienced temperature of the wearer. It’s mixed in for looks and feel only.
                    keep in mind heat retention will vary based on weave & weight.

wool can be an incredible fabric for summer, for example, if the weave & weight are suitable [see Damir Doma's debut SS08 collection, as a great example of such wool pieces].

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                    Watch out fromcolortoblack, there are two versions of the cotton pods, a thick (cotton fleece) and a thin (cotton jersey).

I have the thick one, and it was too warm for the summer we had in Paris last year (although it was an unusually warm summer... but with global warming underway, who knows how future summers are going to be...). So if your facing very high temperatures, I'd go for the thin jersey version. - I'd love to myself but I'm broke now :(

i believe you're referring to DRKSHDW pods, the mainline cotton pods [in B cotton], will not be too warm in the slightest.

my mainline pods from SS15 were not too warm for Paris in the slightest [I was there in that freak 40 degree heat wave during fashion week - that was gross].

i personally wouldn't recommend the jersey cotton or fleece cotton pods from DRKSHDW at all, for any season - they don't have any structure and feel like gym shorts in comparison to the main line.

i understand this is personal preference though, so do keep that in mind.

mind you, they have a MUCH better version coming for DRKSHDW FW16 [and probably SS17], in more of a poplin cotton.

-

Comment

• Fenix
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                      stagename cheers, i'll be downtown anyway, so i'll pop in there anyway. i'll see if they have ss16 but won't hold high hopes.

they'll probably carry it in toronto, though, too.
                      I stopped by last weekend and they had a few pieces. It was in the back near the stairs that take you up to the women's. It seems as if they move things around the floor on a weekly basis though.
                      Originally posted by hausofblaq
                      Grow up.

Comment

• Fenix
                        • Aug 2010

.....just realized I was a couple days late on that comment
                        Originally posted by hausofblaq
                        Grow up.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                          I stopped by last weekend and they had a few pieces. It was in the back near the stairs that take you up to the women's. It seems as if they move things around the floor on a weekly basis though.
                          classic high fashion retail keep-your-sa-busy-work.

there's probably some logic in it [read: there definitely is], i just always found it annoying.

-

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

I notice a lot of shoe lace questions here. Replacement shoe laces are the most maddeningly impossible thing to find. Best to just toss your shoes when the laces break, or get a pair of these.

That said, some manufacturers will send you laces if you contact them.

Originally posted by Tuananh0731 View Post
                            Hey fam. Anyone knows how could i buy a new shoelaces for derby ccp? My friend dog has bitten off my old ones yesterday
                            Cheers
                            music

Comment

• Guun
                              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                              classic high fashion retail keep-your-sa-busy-work.

there's probably some logic in it [read: there definitely is], i just always found it annoying.
                              From working there as a SA, I can confirm it is solely to keeps us from dying from boredom on slow days.

Seems pretty random where they decide to move things as the managers are mostly clueless, though I guess it increases exposure...
                              insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• curiouscharles
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Guun View Post
                                From working there as a SA, I can confirm it is solely to keeps us from dying from boredom on slow days.

Seems pretty random where they decide to move things as the managers are mostly clueless, though I guess it increases exposure...
                                hahaha, yeah - the SA boredom can be a real killer.

i always managed to sidle my way into "writing" or "media" work in down time - in order to avoid the cancers of boredom.

but yeah, it definitely helps with exposure, increasing the chances of clients seeing something they didn't before - by forcing them to re-browse the store as though it's all new again.

-

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎