X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anton
    • Oct 2014

Yeah I did, I'll see what he says...
    I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• Coming
      • Sep 2013

I have a pair of CCP meltlock one-piece trousers that are now too big for me in the waist and seat due to recent weight loss

They are obviously not tailor-able due to the construction method

Would a hot wash and hot dryer be a good idea? Or would they become misshapen? Would the tape withstand this kind of treatment? (though I guess im not that worried if it flakes off since I can't see that it really does much and its not visible when worn)

The fabric is CORAWO - hoping not to lose the crunchy texture either

Comment

• jimmycs
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Coming View Post
        I have a pair of CCP meltlock one-piece trousers that are now too big for me in the waist and seat due to recent weight loss

They are obviously not tailor-able due to the construction method

Would a hot wash and hot dryer be a good idea? Or would they become misshapen? Would the tape withstand this kind of treatment? (though I guess im not that worried if it flakes off since I can't see that it really does much and its not visible when worn)

The fabric is CORAWO - hoping not to lose the crunchy texture either
        No, not a good idea.

Comment

• jimmycs
          • Mar 2014

Leather Care/Cleaning

Curious as to how you care for your leather items, i.e.. whether you special dry clean (frequency) or not ? Curious because I do not myself.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jimmycs View Post
            Curious as to how you care for your leather items, i.e.. whether you special dry clean (frequency) or not ? Curious because I do not myself.
            It's good to send it once a year for professional cleaning/conditioning. SZ will soon be offering this service in partnership with Colibri.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jimmycs
              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              It's good to send it once a year for professional cleaning/conditioning. SZ will soon be offering this service in partnership with Colibri.
              Thank you and that's great.

Was just curious as to what others did. Personally, years ago, did not have a good experience with those so called professional leather cleaner.

Comment

• Espresto
                • Feb 2016

Got a big patch of pilling on a silk/viscose rick tee where it contacted a bag. Would the fabric be too delicate to use a pill shaver on? Is it worth the effort?
                Last edited by Espresto; 07-17-2016, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Espresto View Post
                  Got a big patch of pilling on a silk/viscose rick tee where it contacted a bag. Would the fabric be too delicate to use a pill shaver on? Is it worth the effort?
                  hrmm, i'd only risk it if the piling is quite... how do i say this, substantial?

in my experience the piling on these is rather minimal, and a pile shaver might not actually accomplish much.

i've never had an accident using one though, so it mightn't be terribly risky to try.
                  —
                  -

Comment

• Espresto
                    • Feb 2016

It's not so bad that I couldn't live with it, but bad enough that I plan to be much more delicate with that shirt in the future and would be happier to have it gone. I'll give it a shot I think, if it isn't risky. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

• jumpoff
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Espresto View Post
                      It's not so bad that I couldn't live with it, but bad enough that I plan to be much more delicate with that shirt in the future and would be happier to have it gone. I'll give it a shot I think, if it isn't risky. Thanks for the advice!
                      I've had the same problem and used a shaver with no issues whatsoever.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

make sure the fabric is laid flat and stretched a bit so its less prone to getting caught in the remover. I've managed to make a hole on some delicate knit in the past by not being careful. its possible it will still snag a yarn and break it, but less likely if its stretched over an even surface, like an ironing board or something.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Espresto
                          • Feb 2016

Followed the advice you guys gave with great success. Thanks again!

Comment

• eleves
                            • Sep 2012

Does anyone know a good place to source quality zippers in NYC or online, or the best way to contact Raccagni (or find raccagni zippers specifically)? Should I give up and just go YKK?
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• falkenauge
                              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                              Does anyone know a good place to source quality zippers in NYC or online, or the best way to contact Raccagni (or find raccagni zippers specifically)? Should I give up and just go YKK?
                              Maybe you can try riri

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

There are good places in the garment district. Zam would know for sure.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎