X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Does anyone on SZ use a coin pouch as her/his regular wallet? I'm fed up with having a bulky porte-monnaie and decided I'd use something radically smaller that will fit in my jeans' back-pocket if necessary. I've ordered and received a beautifully (mis-)treated horse-leather pouch by Ricky O and while it is much flatter it still has quite a big surface. I'm worried my stacked credit cards might rub against each other and somehow get damaged (although they didn't move at all when I shaked the pouch intensively). Any field reports/suggestions? I actually kinda made up my mind and want to keep it but my stupid conscious tells me I'd rather ask you people just to be 100% sure.
    I've been using the smaller CDG wallets for years now and never had any problems with my cards rubbing each other. They all work fine still.

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
      I've been using the smaller CDG wallets for years now and never had any problems with my cards rubbing each other. They all work fine still.
      Thanks for your answer, but do you mean the CDG wallets with inner compartments? Because the pouch I'm talking about has just one compartment.
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Does anyone on SZ use a coin pouch as her/his regular wallet? I'm fed up with having a bulky porte-monnaie and decided I'd use something radically smaller that will fit in my jeans' back-pocket if necessary. I've ordered and received a beautifully (mis-)treated horse-leather pouch by Ricky O and while it is much flatter it still has quite a big surface. I'm worried my stacked credit cards might rub against each other and somehow get damaged (although they didn't move at all when I shaked the pouch intensively). Any field reports/suggestions? I actually kinda made up my mind and want to keep it but my stupid conscious tells me I'd rather ask you people just to be 100% sure.
        I have a "winter" and a "summer" wallet, the summer one alternating between the OG Helmut Lang card holder, which holds up amazingly after all these years and a Sruli Recht wallet of a similar size. I don't think you will have a problem with cards rubbing against each other, but if you are worried, I suggest a card holder instead of a coin pouch.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• agentred
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          I suggest a card holder instead of a coin pouch.
          +1 for a card holder, if you don't carry a lot of coins (and that's what the coin pocket is for anyway) it's super small and convenient.

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

Thanks for the answers. I’m not ready to abandon coins yet, especially since there are still surprisingly many bars/restaurants/cafés in Germany that won’t accept credit/debit cards (WTF, right?). I’ll keep my horsey pouch.
            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

All of my coins are destined for the coin jar :-) I hate carrying them around.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

I have a "winter" and a "summer" wallet, the summer one alternating between the OG Helmut Lang card holder, which holds up amazingly after all these years and a Sruli Recht wallet of a similar size. I don't think you will have a problem with cards rubbing against each other, but if you are worried, I suggest a card holder instead of a coin pouch.
                Is it the SR horse whalet? I have one of those and always wondered what that top punched hole is for. Do you know or have any ideas? Does it even have a purpose?
                Originally posted by Faust
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                  Is it the SR horse whalet? I have one of those and always wondered what that top punched hole is for. Do you know or have any ideas? Does it even have a purpose?
                  I have one of the wallets, not the horse one and actually have no idea what the hole is for either, kind of interesting, because I hadn't thought about it much until now, but I do not think it serves a unique purpose.
                  Originally posted by unwashed
                  Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                  Originally posted by Ahimsa
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• eleves
                    • Sep 2012

Yeah haha, I tried to think of a purpose that it may serve but couldn't come up with anything solid so you're probably right.
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I actually had a problem before using a wallet with very few compartments where the cards were rubbing against each other when I wore it in my back pocket. it broke two cards over some time by damaging the magnetic strip. If you don't sit on the wallet, its probably not a problem, but if you do, something with multiple compartments is probably better and preferably so that they are all aligned with each other to prevent bending. I've broken phones this way too
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                        Yeah haha, I tried to think of a purpose that it may serve but couldn't come up with anything solid so you're probably right.
                        I don't know if it has any purpose either.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                          • Sep 2008

Thanks for your answer, but do you mean the CDG wallets with inner compartments? Because the pouch I'm talking about has just one compartment.
                          It's one of these:

Cards are on both sides of the coin pocket in the middle. They rub against each other I guess, but never had any problems. Note that I never wear my wallet in my backpocket.

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
                            • May 2013

How can a silver ring get rusty? I am sure if you just email them, they'll send you instructions on how to clean and restore it.
                            I know..
                            I messaged them and they were skeptical it was them, I perhaps agree. Nonetheless it was rusty! I have a photo, not like iron orange rust but heavy raising and oxidation in the exterior that felt like typical 'rust' - I don't mean it scientifically.

I got it cleaned and its OK.

Comment

• massivegoldteeth
                              • Oct 2011

SZ affiliate shopping

Anyone have experience shopping with svmoscow, Eth0s, or Ink?

Comment

• blackdeath
                                • Apr 2016

Originally posted by massivegoldteeth View Post
                                Anyone have experience shopping with svmoscow, Eth0s, or Ink?
                                yes, INK being a favorite shop. What is your question?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎