X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuat
    • Nov 2012

Bought a beautiful BBS belt.

Can't figure out how the buckle works. Need help.

Any idea what goes where?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

probably like a double ring belt, the "rings" are just fixed in this case.

Subscribe Now:http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=ehowbeautyWatch More:http://www.youtube.com/ehowbeautyBuckling a double-ring belt is great,...
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Kuat
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        probably like a double ring belt, the "rings" are just fixed in this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Eqa_T3-IA
        nah that's not it. The leather is too think for that trick.

Comment

• augustinn
          • Sep 2013

The belt doesn't stay tight enough if you just pull the leather through, so that it goes under the higher bars and is sandwiched between the part with 2 bars?
          Last edited by augustinn; 08-17-2016, 11:40 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

• Kuat
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by augustinn View Post
            The belt doesn't stay tight enough if you just pull the leather through, so that it goes under the higher bars and is sandwiched between the part with 2 bars?
            Like so?

No, it doesn't stay tight. Neither is when you just pull it through under the lower bar.
            Last edited by Kuat; 08-18-2016, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• Fenix
              • Aug 2010

it's like Lowrey said...
              Originally posted by hausofblaq
              Grow up.

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

The great mysteries of fashion.

Or yeah, break the leather in and double fold if it doesn't hold like that.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Seems like simply poor design
                  music

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

by the looks of things, i would say Lowrey's correct in how it's supposed to be secured.

i seem to recall having this issue when trying to thread a similar belt from another designer some years ago [can't remember if it was something at re. porter, or one of the stores i worked at previously].

it would seem the thickness and/or stiffness of the leather wasn't taken into consideration when setting the size and shape of the buckle malheureusement... :/
                    —
                    -

Comment

• jimmycs
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post

I would vote with Arkady's.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I still think its supposed to go like this. Through the first loop, around the second loop (one way or the other) and back through the first one.

Does it not fit through the first one twice?

One possible issue is that the leather thickness varies so much that on one belt it works like it should and on another one it doesn't.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Kuat
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Arkady View Post

This looks like the most logical way, but the leather is too think to do this easily. I should give it a proper try.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          I still think its supposed to go like this. Through the first loop, around the second loop (one way or the other) and back through the first one.

Does it not fit through the first one twice?

One possible issue is that the leather thickness varies so much that on one belt it works like it should and on another one it doesn't.
                          Note that the brand stamp is supposed to end up on the right side, with letters standing up (just like it is on the photo right now). All other combos either place it on the left side, upside down or facing inner side.

Considering this, there are very few ways to do it, and i havent found it yet. I think im going to email them and just ask.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

if it fits and works the way described above, then its probably the correct way regardless of the stamping. isn't it long enough that the end will hang down any way?

Comment

• richard_cao
                              • Mar 2016

Hello guys! I have a drshdw double layer tee, "dust" color. It has been forgotten for so long because I found it hard match it my other clothes. So I manage to dye it black. Anyone has this kind of dyeing experience wanna share? Thank you in advance!

Never dress down.

Comment

• blackdeath
                                • Apr 2016

Originally posted by richard_cao View Post
                                Hello guys! I have a drshdw double layer tee, "dust" color. It has been forgotten for so long because I found it hard match it my other clothes. So I manage to dye it black. Anyone has this kind of dyeing experience wanna share? Thank you in advance!
                                i've had friends that work with fabric way way more than i do actually dye things black for me. i am considering dyeing a pair of julius jeans black but i am not sure how it'll go because of heavily treated they are. i can confidently say that i have dyed every article of Silent clothing that i own black with good results! how did the rick tee go?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎