X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iSuck
    • Mar 2008

Re: Clothing Confessions

One of my all time favorite articles of clothing is this Tom Ford at YSL nylon moto windbreaker. I would never, ever part with it. Actually it even caused me to break up with a guy I was seeing when I bought it in like 03.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="iSuck"]

One of my all time favorite articles of clothing is this Tom Ford at YSL nylon moto windbreaker. I would never, ever part with it. Actually it even caused me to break up with a guy I was seeing when I bought it in like 03.

[/quote]

Oh man! He didn't dig it THAT much?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

Cool thread. I cycle through clothes like no one's business but I've still got a few Agnes B. shirts that I've grown to hate. I used to really like her stuff but it went way downhill in the last five years. Perhaps this should be a separate thread, but the one item I once had and wish I never got rid of was the old-school medusa belt from Versace. $500 back in the day at Neiman Marcus.
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Serendipper
          • Mar 2008

I am ashamed toown so much damn Ralph Lauren...even though I've always been attracted to his wierder stuff. It makes me nostalgic for my Catholic school days of bieng as subversive as possible in a uniform and strict setting.

I guess that also why I have a ton of Prada and Miu Miu stuff...it's all stuctured but all the while shooting a bird. Not exactly ashamed to have key pieces from Prada's last great collections for men (1999-2003 imo)...but some of it is cut short ala Thom Browne.[8-|]

What can I say? I like that futuristic italian stuff...but I'm embarrased to have so much Polo. I take the tags out when I can.[79]

I am VERY happy, however, that all my asymetric/layeredYojhi/Ann inspired pieces all seem to be intact, even if some of them were made by Gene Meyer and Donna Karan.[:$] Oops...(hey! It was the nineties!)

Comment

• iSuck
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Oh man! He didn't dig it THAT much?[/quote]

Ha

It was more of "I can't date someone who spends that much money on clothing."

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

hahahaha! I'm fortunate to have a girlfriend that doesn't have a problem with it hehe. Plus, she gets the occasional rick Owens as part of the deal too.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

AWESOME thread idea, Zam - thanks for starting.

First off, I don't think anyone should be ashamed of anything. We all progress as we go through new experiences and learn new information. Sartorial progress is a part of personal growth - I think it's totally cool. I guess it's harder for me, because I've started buying stuff from Raf Simons and Ann Demeulemeester as early as 00, but I still remember my most horrible purchase - black (well at least it was black) corduroy Versace shirt with medusa buttons, hahaha!!!

I still have a few skeletons in the closet, and actually a few things I am very proud of owning.

Skeletons:

D&G wool gray military shirt. Dolce & Gabbana gray with pinstripe dress shirt. Never wear these. One gray Iceberg wool turtleneck sweater that I now use when I go skiing or just to Poconos for a winter weekend. One Iceberg belt - really don't know I keep this...

Proud of:

One of the early Dirk Bikkimbergs heavy knit sweaters, dark olive color with dark blue insert and ribbed sides - those knits were simply untouchable in terms of construction and wool - like a piece of armor.

Early Dirk Bikkimbergs boots with steel wrapped heel - still use them when it snows out - they look great.

Still wear some Costume National - a black leather jacket and black pants - basic city slicker uniform, although I haven't bought CN in about 6 years or so...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

I guess it's harder for me, because I've started buying stuff from Raf Simons and Ann Demeulemeester as early as 00

Hmmm, I don't share your common sense. I think I picked up some Raf Simons stuff from his first or second season, but that didn't stop me from buying and wearing some TRULY AWFUL things afterwards.

bright orange, hooded nylon prada t-shirt from like 1999/2000?

stretchy, sparkly, slim versace pants - some trashy Liberace meets club kid shit right there.

not much else springs to mind, though I'm sure there's plenty. Closet has been purged of everything I don't wear religiously, so I rarely have more than 20-25 things in it not counting t-shirts and undergarments.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

AWESOME thread idea, Zam - thanks for starting.

First off, I don't think anyone should be ashamed of anything. We all progress as we go through new experiences and learn new information. Sartorial progress is a part of personal growth - I think it's totally cool. I guess it's harder for me, because I've started buying stuff from Raf Simons and Ann Demeulemeester as early as 00, but I still remember my most horrible purchase - black (well at least it was black) corduroy Versace shirt with medusa buttons, hahaha!!!

I still have a few skeletons in the closet, and actually a few things I am very proud of owning.

Skeletons:

D&G wool gray military shirt. Dolce & Gabbana gray with pinstripe dress shirt. Never wear these. One gray Iceberg wool turtleneck sweater that I now use when I go skiing or just to Poconos for a winter weekend. One Iceberg belt - really don't know I keep this...

Proud of:

One of the early Dirk Bikkimbergs heavy knit sweaters, dark olive color with dark blue insert and ribbed sides - those knits were simply untouchable in terms of construction and wool - like a piece of armor.

Early Dirk Bikkimbergs boots with steel wrapped heel - still use them when it snows out - they look great.

Still wear some Costume National - a black leather jacket and black pants - basic city slicker uniform, although I haven't bought CN in about 6 years or so...

[/quote]

Well, thanks,

I didnt post all my skeletons, and might be running a small fashion cemetery [74] if I named them all .....................

i still have a few stuff that I am going to keep though.

1.I have tons of Dress Shirt by Ralph Lauren, and i buy them because i manage to get them cheap ($10-20 a pop) and i like the quality of the Fabrics and the cut of the collars. i always have to cut them down though as the body is often like a TENT!

2. My escape is that i have family that raid my closet all the time, and since margiela and such are not known to them, they take the D&G, Perry Ellis etc and all the good stuff stays

2. I still have about three or four pairs of Prada shoes that are in the shoe closet, i think there is one that i've had for three years unworn,

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• mortalveneer
                      • Jan 2008

Maharishi uber-embroidered Dragon DENIM...circa 1999 as a silly raver kid...[:$]
                      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Nothing wrong with prada shoes! I wear a pair every day.

What's with the iceberg though guys....[86]. Never even been tempted by that. Unfortunately I have also periodically cleared out the closet and therefore am not left with many dodgy items. I used to wear a greeny grey Hilton suit to work about 10 years agao that I think was truly hideous. Diesel jeans, check. Patrick Cox wannabees, check. Paul Smith stripey shirts, check.....all (relatively) recent.Used to wear a bright yellow denim jacket under a bright green duffle to uni...one of my favourite outfits at the time...must have looked like a right twat. My worst fashion period was in my late teens and early twenties when I thought I was a bit more "street"...had a fondness for big tongued Travel Fox basketball hi tops with baggy sweatpants (mmm, ahead of my time RO!). And a bright red Armand Basi polo shirt....somany bad things, so little time.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

well, not the mickey mouse/donald duck iceberg [86] they have a jeans line which is fairly subdued. besides, they had Pam Anderson as their mascot, that's untouchable [86]

prada shoes, heh? <goes to fetch the sword>

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pinoy
                            • Dec 2006

I'm really amazed at how everyone here seems to have cleared their closets of any clothing they haven't worn regularly!

I have so much random stuff to sell that I don't know where to start. Part of my also hesitates creating all these for sale threads because I don't know how effective the online market is at buying stuff that isn't from awesome designers (Cloak, CCP, Ann D, etc) like what most of the classified FS threads are on SZ.

In any case, I have TONS of skeletons in my closet! Among others:

? a few pairs of diesel zathan and zaf jeans

? g-star military shirt

? tons of banana republic sweaters that fit like a sack

? puma neoprene hoodie

? abercrombie shorts

? tons of tacky threadless tees

? prada gray wool zip up (actually quite nice, but i can't stand the nylon inserts)

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

Prada shoes are great! Premiata make them I think.....

Comment

• Serendipper
                                • Mar 2008

[quote user="Johnny"]Prada shoes are great! Premiata make them I think.....[/quote]

Prada was great...before 2002.[79]

Seems like the fashion world went downhill post 9/11.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎