• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dontbecruel
    • Sep 2006

Re: Clothing Confessions

[quote user="Johnny"]

...had a fondness for big tongued Travel Fox basketball hi tops with baggy sweatpants (mmm, ahead of my time RO!). And a bright red Armand Basi polo shirt....somany bad things, so little time.

[/quote]

AAAH Travel Fox. There's a name that brings back memories.

I turned up at university in 1992 in bright green addidas trainers, pea green checked Kenzo blazer, and a pair of baggy black jeans keeping the peace inbetween. God, I must have looked hideous. But I thought I was ultra-chic because I had a JAPANESE designer jacket.

My other luxe item in those days was a pair of houndstooth Moschino trousers. I still get drawn to loud colours and patterns like a moth to a flame. I eventually admitted to myself that they make me look like a berk though.

Unfortunately none of these skeletons are in the current cruel closet.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Closet Skeletons......

Bumped for Diego
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Diego
        • Aug 2007

Re: Closet Skeletons......

[quote user="zamb"]Bumped for Diego[/quote]

Thank you Z. now I'll got dig out some stuff hahaha

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

Paul Harnden rotten meat shoes, I don't even know what these are still doing in my closet bought them years ago at maxfield.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

damn that closet set up looks killer. demand a wide angle shot. oh and congrats on the forthcoming child...imagine what fashion will look like in 30 years...
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

Thank you P. I know!, I hope we are still rocking shit in our 60s My son better like this stuff because I'm not planning on selling much. My wife is taking some pictures of the closet right now to post here, we are changing the whole thing while we are in NY later this month.

Comment

• Diego
                • Aug 2007

Thanks to my wife for the pics.

I'll look for other skeletons.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

makes me horny...i think i might have to post my closets...
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Diego
                    • Aug 2007

I would love to see them P!!, I can imagine.

edit- Good night bro.

Comment

• matthewhk
                      • Jan 2007

great closet diego and looking forward to see a pnid closet shot. you know you got it good when your worst fashion disaster is Paul Harnden =P

yeah i have inherited a lot of stuff from my father, probably would've been more if the lot of it hadn't vanished into oblivion via the closets of other family members. someones gotta keep the torch going...

as for mine:

man this list can be very long...i basically dressed like shit until i graduated from college. In particular some notable disasters was my 'clubbing' staples back in late high school/early college...wore a shitload of Phat Farm, the problem was i wasn't rockin it baggy either, the stone washed phat farm jeans i was rotating were all too tight in the waist and crotch, wore a lot of print PF t-shirts, Hawaiian shirts, only decent items might have been a light blue and another beige pair of linen twill pants kinda loose-ish which i used to rock with square toed hugo boss black slip on loafers, and maybe a Marc Ecko all over monogram motorcycle hawaiian shirt. haha...got an Iceberg denim jacket one year in high school as a present from a friend's mom, don't think i ever wore it and i ended up givin it away to some relative in mainland china.

used to wear some baggy phat farm cargo pants whose length wasn't quite right so it felt kinda thom browne-ian, they would hover over an ugly ass pair of square toed ankle boots i bought from lane crawford and maybe a banana republic sweater that was again slightly too small. the idea of wearing clothes that never really fit is a theme i've been finding myself in throughout my whole life.

goin back to middle school, i wore baggy light blue JNCO jeans with airwalks or Vans, a ralph lauren teddy bear print sweatshirt, and a Nike nylon zip up windbreaker with a horrible haircut that was parted in the middle.

another disaster is my first MTM suit, from the tailor Cheong Tai in admiralty...this is fairly recent, i told the guy to pattern the cut after my DH suit which i drew measurements of. It came out horrible, when i buttoned the jacket it literally looked like i was wearing a sausage casing. gave that one away to another china relative. my next two MTM suits were pretty bad too, not as bad as the first but they are just mediocre suits. Wasn't until i got the fourth one, a 3-2 roll light grey suit patterned after Brad Pitt's TF at Cannes that i came out with a decent suit.

its weird though, my wardrobe is a work in progress just liek everyone else's, but i can't think of a stage where i was ever pleased with what i have at that particular moment. Now i have a slightly better selection to work with, but i'm still not happy with it, andit always feels like something's missing.

my proudest fashion moment though, is probably what i wore to the semi-formal my senior year of high school...it was a black romeo gigli blazer, my mom's yohji yamamoto black turtleneck sweater, black trousers (can't remember what brand these were...i wanna say costume national but i dont think thats it my memory is lost here), and black tod's suede ankle boots. it was inspired by a scene in Ocean's Eleven where i saw George Clooneydo the blazer/turtleneck thing, and i got quite a few compliments that night as people were surprised to see me dressing well.i walked in drunk as hell and had a blast.

Comment

• matthewhk
                        • Jan 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]damn that closet set up looks killer. demand a wide angle shot. oh and congrats on the forthcoming child...imagine what fashion will look like in 30 years...
                        [/quote]

any yohji i inherited from my dad which is at least 20+ years old that i still wear today still feels modern...then again most of it is just basic tops and an overcoat. But I can see myself wearing YY stuff i have acquired lately 20 years from now. Probably the only designer whose stuff never appears dated at any given time.

Comment

[quote user="Diego"]

[/quote]

hawt. is this la or mc?

a closet thread would be very interesting.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

god damn I need a walk in closet like that, and the content [86]

yes on the closet thread[Y] (as long as there only clothing inside)

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• KAMO
                              • Mar 2008

Diego - your wardrobe is amazing!

Comment

• Staton Viguier
                                • Jan 2008

Yes on the closet thread

Comment