Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your "holy grail" item of clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my life has become unwound, does it still count as quoting them? my holy grail is to wind myself back up again, or maybe also to find a tape seam long sleeve tee from ccp ss04.

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
      you just get props for quoting unwound. that's maybe one of my favorite records of all time.

-joshua...
      another unwound fan, i bet you don't hang around, you loser

edit: said w affection of course
      Last edited by philip nod; 11-08-2008, 11:24 AM.
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

current holy grails (most likely will never acquire):

- Dior Homme Red/BDC sharkskin suit from runway
        - A leather blazer...i think SoCal and Fuuma once confirmed on SF that my N(N) leather is technicallly a 'blazer' but i wanna get something that actually looks more like a suit jacket in black leather. I think N. Hoolywood came out with one this season...might see if i can score that one if it's around by sales.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Matt, are you absolutely positive you want a leather blazer?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

yeah pretty positive

lately i been takin style inspiration from the likes of Al Pacino and Mickey Rourke. Maybe it's just a phase and i'll never end up gettin it - but right now if I were to choose something I want, that's it. Haha...such is the nature of want.
            www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Chim
              • Dec 2006

dior homme leather jacket

I've searched for one for nearly 3 years now and still have come up short/ price was just too ridiculous. I'd love one of the campaign/4pocket black leather zipups dior put out, circa 2004-2007 in a 44 (back when they were still cut slimmm with those amazing sleeves).

Will probably never find one, but I'm willing to trade half my wardrobe for it, heh heh heh.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                yeah pretty positive

lately i been takin style inspiration from the likes of Al Pacino and Mickey Rourke. Maybe it's just a phase and i'll never end up gettin it - but right now if I were to choose something I want, that's it. Haha...such is the nature of want.

bad inspirations my friend... serious departure from your style as it is.

The leather blazer thing was out with DH! I wore one during that time frame and I don't think I'll go back. Especially since you're in HK/Shanghai the vibe it gives off is too much "chinese mobster"
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

yeah and Al Pacino, much like Robert De Niro, is still Al Pacino despite whatever crap he's made. Rourke has aged into this world weariness that I think is pretty cool...looking forward to The Wrestler.

i wasn't really thinkin a DH style leather blazer? Maybe Frank Booth...but yeah Chinese mobster connotations aside, what if I been feelin in a criminal state of mind, in terms of what I want to wear? :P

but lol you have probably seen from some of my unsmiling pics, me stepping out the door here wearing any outfit that is predominantly black has been enough to attract a few unwelcome stares. I went out last night in the outfit I posted yesterday and yeah...some attention that I probably didn't really set out to receive. Although it's still Asia, nobody will ever come up and start shit, they'll just stare and point...
                  www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                    yeah and Al Pacino, much like Robert De Niro, is still Al Pacino despite whatever crap he's made. Rourke has aged into this world weariness that I think is pretty cool...looking forward to The Wrestler.

i wasn't really thinkin a DH style leather blazer? Maybe Frank Booth...but yeah Chinese mobster connotations aside, what if I been feelin in a criminal state of mind, in terms of what I want to wear? :P

but lol you have probably seen from some of my unsmiling pics, me stepping out the door here wearing any outfit that is predominantly black has been enough to attract a few unwelcome stares. I went out last night in the outfit I posted yesterday and yeah...some attention that I probably didn't really set out to receive. Although it's still Asia, nobody will ever come up and start shit, they'll just stare and point...
                    Hahaha, makes me regret not wearing my more aggressive CCP when I was in Shanghai

... and then hitting up a street stand for some stinky tofu
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

I saw a Grail worthy anatomica leather shirt today. Dope
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

wearin CCP against the backdrop of Shanghai would look cool. Just wouldn't wear that same outfit if you go out clubbing/drinking at night.

i think the only city in Asia where you can pretty much wear whatever the hell you want and get by without any hassle is Tokyo.
                        www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

Yeah, sometimes, just sometimes, i wished i would be japanese and not korean...but dont get me wrong: ONLY in terms of fashion of course!!!
                          At least i wouldnt need a proxy and google translate to order from yahoo...haha
                          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Are you located in Korea itself? that place seems like they are pretty cool about weird clothing choices...i mean the pop stars in that country dress pretty out there (and not in a good way)
                            www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

Well i used to live in Germany (which is also not known as the fashion capital of the world...) but right now i am in Seoul, yeah...
                              And here are definitely people who have style, but those are few imo. The vast majority is still on the Gucci, Mucci, Vasacci trip showing off the label as it would be the end of the world...
                              The problem here is that still there is almost no middle class like in Europe. On one hand there are those few superduper rich people, with guys in their twenties who drive their Ferraris around town in their super stylish Ed Hardy outfits with LV monogramm bags and (whats the fucking jeans brand name which i absoultey hate, ahh, True Religion) supercrazy operated girls (which are hot in a certain way) on their side. The majority has to save up all their money to fund the education of their kids...I think thats the reason why fakes are prospering so much here. I mean no one cares if someone wears a LV fake bag, EVERYONE seems to have one....and yeah the pop stars dress horrible. The prob is if you go on Television for a variety show for example, you have stylists who dress you for the show. A friend of mine had to wear such a shitty outfit with even more ugly colours that i instantly almost threw up when i saw him in TV. But they cant do anything against this unless they are really really famous...
                              But there are of course also fashion gems walking around here, but those are rare...we are still a developing country in certain fields...but i feel the potential!

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

And the ONLY person here who knew Poell and Carpe and such stuff was the buyer of DG...haha.
                                He used to work for a multishop before buying Carpe and other stuff and they did try to get Poell...didnt work out as it seems...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎