X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

I kept them.
    Every material item is doomed, that's no valid argument.
    I'm doomed too, except I try to live as long as physical possible and so will my dunks .

I'm not planning to archive the ones I got an offer for. In fact I started to wear them even more than before because I liked them thrashed.
    Grailed link

Comment

• unujnha
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
      "Man is certainly crazy. He could not make a mite, and he makes gods by the dozen."

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

I wonder how long it took the owner of these to walk them down this much. He/She definately got his/her money´s worth.
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• furnituredways
          • Dec 2007

thats why i directly managed to put a additional "rubbersole" on my "island dunks" ...after 1 year i can remove it & put a new one on it.

Last edited by furnituredways; 12-30-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

those look a bit bulky and odd, even if practical.

Comment

• Lex1017
              • Jul 2015

May I suggest a slightly more subtle 2-3mm re-sole. I put it on these right away because I didn't want the sole to wear down at all, but with shark tooth I would recommend tossing on the sole when your wear hits the upper bumper.

Comment

• TheLoudLine
                • Feb 2014

Hey everyone, got a friend who wants to get a check on some dunks to see if they're fake or not. Mind helping a guy out?
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

There’s a thread for that.
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• ilurkaround
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by furnituredways View Post
                    thats why i directly managed to put a additional "rubbersole" on my "island dunks" ...after 1 year i can remove it & put a new one on it.
                    Originally posted by gregor View Post
                    those look a bit bulky and odd, even if practical.
                    i actually did something similar w/ my geobaskets, but the cobbler went a little thicker than i wanted. it's actually not that noticeable while standing up if the sole is black. the main problem is if the glue will be able to stick/stay on the RO rubber.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Have we finally reached a point where people don't want these anymore? I see them all over the place at a fairly hefty discount.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Raviel de Silverlake
                        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Have we finally reached a point where people don't want these anymore? I see them all over the place at a fairly hefty discount.
                        I think it might be due to the fact that the tongue is too big now and there were complains about quality here and there.

Comment

• unwashed
                          • Dec 2008

If you mean the old dunks, then I don't think so. These are more sought-after then ever. I don't even see them go much lower than initial retail as well. If you have a pair of brand new ones you can easily fetch double or thrice the original price. If you have any leads to heavily discounted black or black/white ones in 42, let me know ;)
                          Grailed link

Comment

• gregor
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                            If you mean the old dunks, then I don't think so. These are more sought-after then ever. I don't even see them go much lower than initial retail as well. If you have a pair of brand new ones you can easily fetch double or thrice the original price. If you have any leads to heavily discounted black or black/white ones in 42, let me know ;)
                            it's a weird market. some are still quite valuable, but overall, the price for them have been dropping. with the possible exception of the black and white swoosh dunk, the others have become a lot cheaper and more plentiful. you can get milk dunks or the black w/white sole pair for way lower than 1k.

if we're talking about geos, same deal.

Comment

• Lex1017
                              • Jul 2015

I think the price drop correlates with the condition they are in. I got lucky and found a brand new pair in the Ukraine that I paid retail for, but I wouldn't pay a dollar for the destroyed pairs. A lot of those pairs you mention also have the heel suede completely blown out of the inside even if the outsole is in good condition. Shoe horns for sneakers! (Sorry to keep bumping this thread Faust, I know how much you love it)

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

LOL :-)

No, I mean the new ones exclusively. I've seen them at half off routinely during this end of season sales.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎