Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lost53
    • Dec 2010

Just checked the NY link, interesting. Great you can listen to tracks whilst scrolling through, very well done indeed. The Lou Reed track is beautiful.

Have to say Mr Ferry is the show stealer... no styling needed, in his own clothes sharper than a razor, ok he does look a bit like my Dad.. but he is getting old with his dignity intact..

Comment

• thehouseofdis
      • Jan 2010

That's one of the best pictures I've seen of Lou Reed in a very long time.
      THE HOUSE OF DIS
      embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Ochre
        • Sep 2009

Comment

• my friend, not into fashion at all, tagged me in this picture she took while backpacking in Sikkim. Pretty spot on, Damir.

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

^ I have traveled quite extensively in Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan.
            And indeed I see the clothes echoed in some of the earlier Damir collections, and also Boris Bidjan I think it was the S/S 09 with all the head scarfs and such. Some of it could have been straight from a Kabul market scene.

For me I was really taken by the clothes especially in Afghanistan, where there were the most amazing turbans and shawls worn with such elegance and dignity. And for the first time I saw men really fastidious with there appearance, but with out a hint of being camp or contrite.
            Pure class! Thanks for that image, in due course I will find some of my own.

Comment

• shah
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
              my friend, not into fashion at all, tagged me in this picture she took while backpacking in Sikkim. Pretty spot on, Damir.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4235175_n.jpg
              Originally posted by lost53 View Post
              ^ I have traveled quite extensively in Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan.
              And indeed I see the clothes echoed in some of the earlier Damir collections, and also Boris Bidjan I think it was the S/S 09 with all the head scarfs and such. Some of it could have been straight from a Kabul market scene.

For me I was really taken by the clothes especially in Afghanistan, where there were the most amazing turbans and shawls worn with such elegance and dignity. And for the first time I saw men really fastidious with there appearance, but with out a hint of being camp or contrite.
              Pure class! Thanks for that image, in due course I will find some of my own.
              Well Boris is part Iranian...also if you look at givenchy 08 the runway show is bunch of burqas and golden niqabs ...

damir doma, the hamid karzai hat is a bit much

someone kop me this please

Comment

• it makes me think about when i was in Iran (my father is persian) I recall people wearing lots of light colours. You didn't really see the sterotypical black chador that much, at least not in the countryside. it was more paisleypatterned scarves and light coloured billowy coats.

Comment

• shah
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                  it makes me think about when i was in Iran (my father is persian) I recall people wearing lots of light colours. You didn't really see the sterotypical black chador that much, at least not in the countryside. it was more paisleypatterned scarves and light coloured billowy coats.
                  dude the chador is just sensationalist media's favorite ... if you look at the different provinces they have such a variety of shapes and colors, from the kurds to the azeris to the balouchis (of which i hear there are many in sweden!) and i could keep going. some focus more on flowery colors and patters, others on flowing garbs (shalvar kordi is awesome i'd love to snag a pair) ....... i wonder if BBS has ever gone 'home' ? looks like Damir is taking a big cue from the mid east in recent seasons (half the outerwear is like djellaba from morocco)

look at givenchy fall 2009

Comment

• widmerpool
                    • Nov 2010

Damir certainly looks Muslim enough to get me in trouble with skinheads in the Moscow Metro a couple of times.

I've got one of those Karzai hats, an Azeri made it for me. Unfortunately I think I'm still a bit young for it. Doesn't quite look right.
                    http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
                      • Aug 2009

Not the movie, but the man

modern man

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

/\ That's so cool, I've never seen a green one... They usually look transparent-ish. I spent hours during the summer catching them. How are they called?
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

That's a cicada.
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Acéphale
                              • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

kasebier

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀