X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soultek
    • Feb 2007

Re: New H.Lorenzo opening in LA

Hi, I checked out the store last week (they did a soft open a couple weeks ago). I must say I was very impressed with their buys. They had a small MA+ section (most of the same stuff at A), HUGE RAF buy with probably the most S/S stuff than any store I've seen, LOTS of Japanese brands (many I've never heard of before), pretty healthy Attachment section (lots of stuff in size 4), decent Ann section (noticably they bought a lot of pieces with color from S/S).

They had these attachment painted hi top sneakers that were pretty amazing, like 7-800$. Prices were ridiculous. The RAF stuff as well as other lines I was familiar with seemed marked 20-30% above Barney's prices.

I can't remember all the lines there, but they had a ton of stuff. they are obviously trying to give Maxfield's a run for their money (seemingly by focusing on more of the Japanese lines). They had that ??? Hollywood line, Momo, Throne, Miharayasuhiro.. a decent amount of footwear.. some of it was gaudy, some of it was very cool.

I only had an hour there, will go back next week and report on some more findings.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Yea, that place has always been overpriced. I can only imagine the prices being even higher now after opening the new store on Robertson.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mesh
        • Dec 2006

ST you back in LA?

I'll be checking it out next weekend fa sho.

Comment

• soultek
          • Feb 2007

[quote user="mesh"]

ST you back in LA?

I'll be checking it out next weekend fa sho.

[/quote]

yeah, here for another week or so. I think they're having a grand opening reception thing (might have been last weekend) i'll check up on that and PM you.

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

/\ Isn't that today? Today being the 27th?
            Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Leroy
              • Jul 2008

I was in there a couple days ago and wow! You obviously don't what your talking about. Maxfield wannabe? If you knew anything about fashion you would realize after going in there (if you even did)that H.L.N.R. has the best collectionof designers(especially for men) out of any store probably in the country. Everything from Mr. Hollywood to Diet Butcher to Raf to The Virid, Attachment, etc. All the brands that are at the cutting edge of the avante-gardefashion world right now. Anytime I walk into Maxfield all I see is skulls, skulls and more skullsand the same safe big brands that havent changed for years. Dior, Libertine, Prada...They have Prada for crying out loud! Give me a brake

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

listen, n00b - we've had enough drama yesterday on these forums - no need to be so confrontational with your first post.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aruva
                  • Dec 2007

[quote user="Leroy"]I was in there a couple days ago and wow! You obviously don't what your talking about. Maxfield wannabe? If you knew anything about fashion you would realize after going in there (if you even did)that H.L.N.R. has the best collectionof designers(especially for men) out of any store probably in the country. Everything from Mr. Hollywood to Diet Butcher to Raf to The Virid, Attachment, etc. All the brands that are at the cutting edge of the avante-gardefashion world right now. Anytime I walk into Maxfield all I see is skulls, skulls and more skullsand the same safe big brands that havent changed for years. Dior, Libertine, Prada...They have Prada for crying out loud! Give me a brake[/quote]

Comment

• mesh
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]listen, n00b - we've had enough drama yesterday on these forums - no need to be so confrontational with your first post.
                    [/quote]

I'm pretty sure he works there.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]

[quote user="Faust"]listen, n00b - we've had enough drama yesterday on these forums - no need to be so confrontational with your first post.
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

Yea, I figured by his extensive use of tags.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nathaniel Costillo
                        • May 2008

i went to the store last week. mesh is right place is a mess and carry's a bunch of

rime stone looking stuff

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

I visited the store recently, it actually has a lot of really nice stuff. I can understand the comments of it being a bit confusing, there are a lot of different brands in a small space with no Barneys style labeling. Lots of different Japanese designers [maybe too much?] Friendly staff, although a tad bit annoying and not very knowledgeable. I told the guy helping me that I was interested in looking at viridi-anne and attachment pieces, but the sales associate kept bringing me N.hoolywood and JLS pieces telling me how 'amazing' they are [never heard anyone use the word so many times]. He didn't quite seem to understand how completely different these brands are from one another, even after explaining I was after a 'darker' aesthetic. Not a big deal, he was very friendly and had good intentions just no so knowledgeable on what he was selling. It was also nice to see MA+ pieces in person. The price points are high as expected. Another interesting thing was their huge case of accessories [mostly Japaneses I think], beautiful pieces, very expensive. Architecturally speaking, it has some visual interest, just not so convinced on the functional aspect of the store. Overall I think it's worth a visit [but maybe wait for a sale].

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="andrewislasorad"]I visited the store recently, it actually has a lot of really nice stuff. I can understand the comments of it being a bit confusing, there are a lot of different brands in a small space with no Barneys style labeling. Lots of different Japanese designers [maybe too much?] Friendly staff, although a tad bit annoying and not very knowledgeable. I told the guy helping me that I was interested in looking at viridi-anne and attachment pieces, but the sales associate kept bringing me N.hoolywood and JLS pieces telling me how 'amazing' they are [never heard anyone use the word so many times]. He didn't quite seem to understand how completely different these brands are from one another, even after explaining I was after a 'darker' aesthetic. Not a big deal, he was very friendly and had good intentions just no so knowledgeable on what he was selling. It was also nice to see MA+ pieces in person. The price points are high as expected. Another interesting thing was their huge case of accessories [mostly Japaneses I think], beautiful pieces, very expensive. Architecturally speaking, it has some visual interest, just not so convinced on the functional aspect of the store. Overall I think it's worth a visit [but maybe wait for a sale].
                            [/quote]

Was his name Leroy?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                              • Nov 2006

He looked like this...

Except with more words printed all over his shirt..

...Leroy?

Comment

• aruva
                                • Dec 2007

[quote user="mesh"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are right. I wrote the same thing as you wrote, but removed it as I did not want him to write another confrontational post

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎