X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leroy
    • Jul 2008

Re: New H.Lorenzo opening in LA

No sorry fellas dont work there,just someone who cant stand cynical and ignorant comments but each is entitled to their opinion i guess

Comment

• Leroy
      • Jul 2008

was just a bit shocked at some of the comments made about a store that i washonestly impressed by. Would love to know which other store in l.a. one would find such a unique and well researchedcollection of designers like that.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Listen to merz, Leroy. Better yet, hire him. You will not regret it - he'll take your sales to the next level. And if you ever want to open an outpost in NYC, I'll do you a favor and run it for you. I'll make you a lot of money, I promise.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

[quote user="merz"]

[quote user="Leroy"]was just a bit shocked at some of the comments made about a store that i washonestly impressed by. Would love to know which other store in l.a. one would find such a unique and well researchedcollection of designers like that.[/quote]

this is part of the problem. LA doesn't really have much in that sense. Although both H lorenzo and Maxfields carry certain lines/designers that produce interesting work, the buys themselves are a mess. There is also something of an aesthetic inconsistency between the lines/buys..its almost like the person doing the buying doesn't have a firm personal idea of an aesthetic they're going for - rather just grabbing stuff seemingly at random. It would perhaps be nice to build a relationship with the store/buyers for special pre-order purposes, but, overall..

the buyer doesn't know what they're going for with the store to the level that atelier, a.b. or komakino do.

[/quote]

Talk about hitting the nail square on the head! That is exactly the problem with shops in Los Angeles. Yeah, HLNR may have many great designers and aside from the the KK attachment and m.a+ buy (which was still on the weak side) the stock is shit. If having these great "labels" is enough to make you happy as a consumer, there is a Loehmann's not too far from HLNR too. I believe Lorenzo is handling the buying personally right now, but he seems to be taking a very uncalculated approach. There is no sense of cohesiveness in the buys, underlying or otherwise. No vision when it comes to the products and its placement within the store. The sales staff are less then helpful when questions go beyond.."do you have this in others sizes?" Which is a shame, because it really is a beautiful space and the green concept is definitely one I'd like to see more boutiques aspire to. In any event, as of now, the store as whole is defintiely lacking.

Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

The lack of passion is something you'll find at every shop in Los Angeles. Its really disheartening. That's why Atelier is the fucking bomb. Their knowledge and love of the lines is clearly evident as soon as you strike a conversation. You have to appreciate that in an SA.

Yeah, I'm local Merz. Check your pm. [75]

Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Leroy
              • Jul 2008

totally agree that maxfield and h. lorenzo have a somewhat confusing and incohesive selection at their stores but all the lines at theH.L.N.R. store i find complement eachother pretty seamlesslywithout coming off as looking all the same.Never been to atelier. will have to check it out

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎