X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • random
    • Dec 2007

Re: Fabric Stores

where can one find thefabric Rick owens used for the tanks and l/s shirts?thinking of making some super oversized shits for myself. Thanks!

I don't exist.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

[quote user="DHC"]Mood New York and Mood Los Angeles are two entirely different beasts. I think you would be sorely disappointed if you were to visit the L.A. location Zamb. I know that of all the members here, you are probably the most knowledgeable here. So if you visit Mood L.A. and still feel its great, I'll eat my words. They do have some great fabric, but the prices are insane. If you are going to pay premium prices of that magnitude in Los Angeles, Michael Levine is def. the spot to hit up.
      [/quote]

well David,

ive never been to the one in LA, and i hardly even go to the one here in NY, as there are several other stores that i know of that offeres me just as good and sometimes better fabrics at a more "reasonable" price, that being said, i know that many people here dont live in NY, so for that rerason. where you are needing samples before you buyand an online presence, MOOD NY is probably the best option available for small quantity, designer level Fabrics.........

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="random"]

where can one find the fabric Rick owens used for the tanks and l/s shirts? thinking of making some super oversized shits for myself. Thanks!

[/quote]

It's going to be hard to find the exact fabric, I believe Rick Owens has it made specifically for him. But I'm sure you can find a light jersey or a cotton/silk blend that may be close.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• random
          • Dec 2007

Thanks Cas. I really like the ribbed look tho. guess at leastsome japanese brands such as jurius havefound it. lol.
          I don't exist.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

They probably just buy a top from RO and have it copied....it's not too hard. All RO's tops are cotton or a cotton/silk blend and their ribbed or non-ribbed.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• random
              • Dec 2007

hmmm, possibly true.

and at first glancei misread you msg....They probably just buy a top from RO and have it cropped... hehe

I don't exist.

Comment

• Pinoy
                • Dec 2006

I'm not sure how I seemingly missed this thread! In any case, I'm trying to source a nice thick washed cotton fabric, similar to what was used in the Cloak 04 elbow strap blazer below. I was planning on stopping into Michael Levine's but it sounds like that wouldn't be my best bet?

Any ideas, folks?

Comment

• aahhbes
                  • Nov 2007

for suiting fabrics i would go to B Black on Los Angeles St.

if your looking for particular jersey Levines is OK.

if its something real specific PM and i could try and help you find it. (work as a consultant for domestic collections in LA)

Comment

• clay
                    • Sep 2006

^^Good to know Aahhbes [75]

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎