X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

:-) I mean, I only have five bottles but that seems too much... I'd like to get it down to two.

Now, who wants to buy my Jil Sander PH and Aqua di Parma? I don't use them.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Donate them to charity...easier than the nuisance of selling imo.

keep the AdP though...you may regret that one.

if all else fails...any oldies can be used as a bathroom spray, or spray on incandescent lightbulbs.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Castor
        • Nov 2009

Spring Summer I wear L'eau de Tarocco from Diptyque and Pamplelune from Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria line a lot.
        Originally posted by DRRRK
        The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

lately i been rotating between shalimar parfum initial and brin de reglisse . u kno i have to admit i rly like wasser's take on shalimar . it follows the same waves of progression of classic shalimar , specially my fav part which is the opening tart bergamot contrastin against sweet , but its like ... tryin to think of the word .. idk i guess modern . im kinda lovin it rite now , been wearin it almost daily . my only gripe w/ it is i wish the tonka / vanilla had a lil more presence in the drydown

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

he did a commendable job on it. Not an easy act to follow, so must have been quite intimidating.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

i like all the behind the scenes stuff specially jacques' lab . must be pretty incredible to have access to all that history in that room

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

What I would do for that book...even a brief look at that book.

Comment

• Castor
                  • Nov 2009

What are the best and most wearable Oud fragrances?

Comment

• Stijn
                    • Jun 2011

I really like le labo oud 27, also looking for different oud fragrances.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

^I also like the Le Labo Oud and both of the Ouds by Byredo.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Montale is the easy answer, but you often have to like rose-oud combo often. Black Aoud and White Aoud are the popular duo. Original Aoud is a good, straight-up oud. None of these are actual oud, but still good.

Kilian's ouds are excellent. Very rich.

Everyone seems to be making one now, and they all use the same molecules, so they're never miles apart frankly.

Agreed that Le Labo's is very good, though the good part doesn't last all that long.

Comment

• Castor
                          • Nov 2009

Jubilation XXV? I've never fully grasped the Amouage line, but this is quite tempting.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

^^Yeah, Jubilation! I forgot about this. I had a sample once and loved it. It's super layered and complex. Cinnamon, lots of green scents, a bit sweet, some incense notes. Overall it's a journey and strangely masculine, despite the floral and citrus notes hidden in there.

I like it, but never bought a bottle. Like Dane mentioned, these are soooooooooooo many new Ouds now. For whatever reason it's the current on-trend scent, despite being less popular for so long.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Jub XXV is very good, but are we still talking oud? If so, I don't smell any. If not, nvrmnd!

I lucked out and got a 30ml promo bottle of it for less than $50, but otherwise I wouldn't have invested. Dia Man is more impressive and lacks the cloying drydown that bothers me. For a more natural, subtle rendition, Aedes de Venustas for L'artisan is a better option. Cheaper too.

Comment

• Castor
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                                Jub XXV is very good, but are we still talking oud? If so, I don't smell any. If not, nvrmnd!

I lucked out and got a 30ml promo bottle of it for less than $50, but otherwise I wouldn't have invested. Dia Man is more impressive and lacks the cloying drydown that bothers me. For a more natural, subtle rendition, Aedes de Venustas for L'artisan is a better option. Cheaper too.
                                Not oud, but I figured XXV is incense, so in the same ball park. Dia Man will be my next test and I've always sort of wanted AdV L'Artisan, but wished it came in a smaller bottle. Thanks again Dane.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎