• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
    Dane, just wanted to thank you for pointing me in the direction of bois d'encens. I missed the one on eBay but actually found another (for a reasonable price) and am loving it. It starts off a bit peppery but that burns off to pure inscense
    You're welcome! It's a beautiful scent...I wish it was more accessible.

I feel like I'm monopolizing this thread...I hope I'm not preventing others from making suggestions, etc.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      You're welcome! It's a beautiful scent...I wish it was more accessible.

I feel like I'm monopolizing this thread...I hope I'm not preventing others from making suggestions, etc.
      I was going to recommend Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue as your next scent
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by beardown View Post
        Thanks, Faust. I respect your opinion and appreciate the suggestion. I found where I can get a sample of the fragrance you mentioned so I'll try it out. I know the Demeter stuff doesn't last long and is almost more of a novelty than a true cologne or perfume but I'm going to check out 'dust' as well just because of some of the reviews and it's only like $5 for a 2 ml sample.

have dust since the christopher brosius days of demeter. don't use it much, but it's pretty fun. smells like a dusty lightbulb when it's been lit for a while.

used to wear it together with 'rain' for a bit of balance and depth.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
          • Jan 2010

I'm still hoping that Ann Demeulemeester comes out with a scent.

I'm trying to decide what it would smell like, my guesses are primed canvas, feathers and/or leather with perhaps a hint of horse sweat.
          THE HOUSE OF DIS
          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

She told me she'd do it if she found the right partner. I guess that hasn't happened in all these years. But, yes, it's intriguing. It'd smell like Blake's poetry and Patti Smith's music.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• thehouseofdis
              • Jan 2010

I thought I'd read it in your interview with her. I think she will eventually do it, but she and Anne Chapelle are good business women so it will have to be on their terms. I dream of working on the packaging design with Ann.
              THE HOUSE OF DIS
              embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Castor
                • Nov 2009

I wish the owners of the current Helmut Lang brand would bring back the scents. I think they were beautifully done and the packaging/concept was perfect. I wonder if someone still has the formulas on file.
                Originally posted by DRRRK
                The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                  I wish the owners of the current Helmut Lang brand would bring back the scents. I think they were beautifully done and the packaging/concept was perfect. I wonder if someone still has the formulas on file.
                  Formulae belong to the fragrance manufacturer, not the brand on the label. Maurice Roucel did the namesake scent, and I believe he would have been with Symrise at the time.

I too hope Ann releases a scent one day, but I fear it might be put in the wrong hands of responsibility, as I'm sure she is. My first thought was that the brilliant Christophe Laudamiel would be right up her alley.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                    I wish the owners of the current Helmut Lang brand would bring back everything...
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I wish they would just cease and desist.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Castor
                        • Nov 2009

They paid good money for that name. Keep wishing.
                        Originally posted by DRRRK
                        The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

any opinions on new haarlem ? trying to find a sample decant of it but cant find any . would like to know if it blows before i freeze my ass off walkin to saks and hope the store here carries it just to smell it , then find out it bites

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                            any opinions on new haarlem ? trying to find a sample decant of it but cant find any . would like to know if it blows before i freeze my ass off walkin to saks and hope the store here carries it just to smell it , then find out it bites
                            Smells like Rochas Homme (same perfumer), but less sweet. It's not awful, I can't see many hating it...but it wouldn't' inspire me personally.

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

thx lol saved my ass the trouble . i remember rochas sephora had it a long time ago . it was sweet but i remember thinkin it wasnt anythin special

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                                thx lol saved my ass the trouble . i remember rochas sephora had it a long time ago . it was sweet but i remember thinkin it wasnt anythin special
                                It's basically a lavender-coffee accord. Yohji Homme did it one better and traded the lavender for licorice (of which lavender shares some molecules), but that shit is too $$ now.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎