• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dorje
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    ^ what maker are you referring to?
    Taha at Agaraura. The 2 attars he has up for sale right now are spectacular, well worth trying a sample.

"And speaking of oakmoss, we don't give two hoots about IFRA's 0.1% oakmoss restriction. Cuir et Bois has much more oakmoss than that. If you're allergic to oakmoss you may want to avoid it, unless you don't mind a mild itch. And if you're not allergic to oakmoss, then this is one Chypre you really don't want to miss! "

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Good to know.

LesNez (http://www.lesnez.com/) is another that I've heard ignore the regulations.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• woupes
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        ^ what maker are you referring to?
        Not one inparticular, I use fragrances sparingly and when I do its stuff like Issey miyake, Bond#9 New Haarlem or Tom Ford. I read this thread often and saw the news of the ban and figured to put it out there. Just curious

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

I can add that I have first hand testimony that several of the big wigs from the industry are rallying together to cleverly circumvent the IFRA's petty regulations and restrictions, in a manner which is basically akin to simply putting a disclaimer on the bottle, that the spray is to be used on "clothes only". Any consumer with half a brain though will see past that and understand why that's stated because of the implications and will simply wear it on skin as usual

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

thing is, we're now talking about new EU regulations starting 2015, not just IFRA. companies ignoring these regulations will most likely find themselves in serious legal trouble, with hefty fines and confiscation of product and whatnot...

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

Anyone knows if Mad et Lan has similar scent like Wonderwood?
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

While on the topic of Wonderwood, has anyone had the chance to try Wonderoud?
                Originally posted by Faust
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Law
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                  While on the topic of Wonderwood, has anyone had the chance to try Wonderoud?
                  It hasn't even been released yet?

Comment

• syed
                    • Sep 2010

DSM and Selfridges have it in London. I was underwhelmed, it felt rather flat. It follows the same vein as Wonderwood, but Wonderwood comes in with a bang, Wonderoud was nothing spectacular on my skin. I'm used to strong oud perfumes, and that felt like a smoky wood rather than an oud. It was pleasant, but I think it was designed with mass market in mind - safe and simple. Made me think of a less sweet version of Black CdG actually.
                    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Shifts
                      • Jul 2013

I've heard there were some problems getting the distribution working in time, so fewer stores than intended had the fragrance on the shelves on the day of the release.

Comment

• resolution653
                        • Nov 2013

I've been curious about the offerings from the likes of these sites, Agaraura, Ensar... People behind them extremely passionate about oud and against synthetics.

I'm guessing they list sizes in weight/grams as a traditional thing ? Also curious to how long 3gram would last compared to say a 50ml using 3-4 sprays per wearing ?

One of these days, hopefully sooner than later I'll order a couple samples.

Peace.

Comment

• Dorje
                          • Oct 2013

/\ It depends on the application of course... With water, 1g = 1mL and oils are probably a tiny bit lighter so a 3g bottle would be very close to 3 mL.. Of course, it's 100% oil while an EDT might only be 5% so I think the comparison to a 50 mL bottle of conventional fragrance would be appropriate. His products are expensive, but only because the ingredients he uses are the best available and tend to be very expensive as well, so the value is quite high imo.

In any case, I would definitely recommend sampling first...

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by syed View Post
                            DSM and Selfridges have it in London. I was underwhelmed, it felt rather flat. It follows the same vein as Wonderwood, but Wonderwood comes in with a bang, Wonderoud was nothing spectacular on my skin. I'm used to strong oud perfumes, and that felt like a smoky wood rather than an oud. It was pleasant, but I think it was designed with mass market in mind - safe and simple. Made me think of a less sweet version of Black CdG actually.
                            I tried it at the NYC CDG store a week or so ago and saw it at DSMNY and I agree with this. I'm sure one will be able to smell it all over Soho soon enough.
                            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• resolution653
                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Dorje View Post

In any case, I would definitely recommend sampling first...
                              Thanks for the info, Dorje. Yea, I'd never blind-buy any fragrance. For ones like us with a passion for scents it only makes sense to while not necessarily move on to strictly natural oil attars but to at least explore them.

When it comes to the use of synthetics, I have no quibble about them to be honest, brings to mind reading Luca Turin, can't find exact quote but this blog post also covers it ( http://lucyrowettfragrance.wordpress...on-luca-turin/ )

Some scents just appeal to me more than others regardless if natural or synthetic. I've never smelled organic natural oud on its own, however I do love Le Labo Oud 27 that uses Oud Synthetic 10760 E. from the Swiss company, Firmenich. Perhaps its my inexperienced nose to natural perfumery and I may change my mind down the road. I actually like the science aspect of creating and using different aromatic molecules in fragrance.
                              Last edited by resolution653; 07-23-2014, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Ivans On High
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2008

Anyone had any experience with the Andrea Maack fragrances?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎