X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • resolution653
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by mikemikemike View Post
    i can not speak for AB but i like O and B although B does not seem to last as long. makes me wonder about the longevity of the others...

I see Antoine Lie is the nose behind both O and B, reason enough to give them a shot. Hear your concerns about longevity. For those fragrances I'll just spray quite a bit, and on clothing. If I can get a good 4 hours, I'm satisfied, as long as the price isn't too high. Nu_be oxygen also by Lie a perfect example, such a gorgeous opening and on fabric stays longer than quickly fading if just on skin, and for the price @ 100ml, it's reasonable.

Reminded of Oxymusc by A Lab on Fire, smells good but absolutely no projection and vanishes within 45 min . For the price of 60ml ? really find it insulting to be honest.

Wearing Craft from Andrea Mack today. Often compared to incense like Avignon from CDG, i never tried Avignon but dont' get a church-y incense vibe at all on my skin. Bright, cold, metallic, cedar... Wish I knew what "elemi" smelled like but if it's what gives Craft it's uniqueness, I have to try more fragrances with elemi =) Anyways i t's linear/minimal, modern... unusual to my nose. For people wanting to try something unique that like earlier CDG releases, definitely recommend.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

no way! they finally re-released cuiron?! i'm not sure if this makes me absolutely excited or really sad... i have a full 50 ml bottle in it's original packaging and a few drops in of a 100 ml left - it will indeed be interesting to compare.

on the one hand i'm happy i won't have to keep paying ever increasingly exorbitant prices on ebay for it now, but on the other hand it won't be fun if they've destroyed the original scent...

can't believe it was ever discontinued though.

and verdandi, any cuiron u have at home that u aren't using, just send it my way... :)

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Very interesting indeed, I bought 2 50ml of Cuiron years ago but took awhile to grow on me so hardly used it. In the last year though I've been really digging it and finished one of my bottles, so good news it's available again before I've run out! Also curious to try the others as I've only ever tried Cuiron.
        music

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Was coming to post the Helmut Lang rerelease. Glad y'all are vigilant!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MBR
            Banned
            • Feb 2014

Picked ud up recently Parfumerie Generale PG11 Harmatan Noir. Highly recommend that brand.

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
              Do you mean the EDC?
              I'd be more interested in the EDP - the one that was released as a women's scent back in the day. I still have a couple of bottles of that (and the perfume version), but I'd be interested in what it smells like in the re-released version.
              Never cared much for Cuiron.
              No, I'm talking about Curion. It was originally an EDC (I'm not sure what the concentration was), but the re-release has been confirmed as an EDP in 10% concentration.

I've ordered a bottle, so I'll see very soon how it stacks up. From what I've heard though, the re-formulation is very true to the original with no major discernible differences fortunately.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Any updates on the HL reissues?

ps - the new Lutens, L'Orpheline, is excellent. Icy cold incense. And for once, subtle & everyday-wearable.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post

ps - the new Lutens, L'Orpheline, is excellent. Icy cold incense. And for once, subtle & everyday-wearable.
                  Edit: coming soon!
                  I went into the local HL boutique and smelled both. Loved the Curion. The EDT is more feminine, IMHO.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Edit: coming soon!
                    as a wide release i guess? anyone know?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Meaning SZ magazine coverage coming soon :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post

correction: I smelled L'INCENDIAIRE

it is, isnt it?
                        stopped by the chicago SL counter and smelled almost the entire line until I got to that one. I didnt want to go any further, just please put that on my wrist. then it was, wait, how much?

I found it to be very sultry and smooth but strong, it wants to be semi sweet but its just too hard to go there. I was lucky enough to get two samples which I am savoring. I have no idea why I can spend $600 on shoes but when it comes to perfume I am hesitant because I love this scent...

woops, I got so excited that someone else tried the fragrance, I posted and then realized I should put this in womens fragrances.

Comment

• Verdandi
                          • Mar 2012

rider, you have to keep in mind that it's perfume and if you break down the price into ml it's pretty much on par with Guerlain's perfume prices.
                          It is a beauty, indeed. Reminds me a bit of Fille de Aiguilles and Serge Noire and it is a proper Lutens again after a some lackluster releases in the recent past. I bought a bottle of the firestarter a few weeks ago and I am enthralled, but then again Serge can sell me almost anything.

L'Orpheline is wonderful as well.
                          lavender menace

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

In other news, Estée Lauder bought Le Labo.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shifts
                              • Jul 2013

Le Labo has constantly been giving us sub-par fragrances, so who cares really. Haven't found one which doesn't smell like cheap shit to be honest.

Comment

• Shifts
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by rider View Post
                                woops, I got so excited that someone else tried the fragrance, I posted and then realized I should put this in womens fragrances.
                                Nah, Lutens don't do genders last I checked.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎