X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lost53
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    /\ oh, man, if someone told me that about my fave cologne i'd feel like a fool.
    Favourite... where did you read that..?!!

I will check out Intuition.

I am also not so fond of the Penhaligons line, although if my memory serves me correct the LP was quite something.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
      Favourite... where did you read that..?!!

I will check out Intuition.

I am also not so fond of the Penhaligons line, although if my memory serves me correct the LP was quite something.
      Where do you shop? I know Skin Cosmetics carries a slew of great brands...if you happen to swing by, I think you might like Ulrich Lang's Anvers II.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lost53
        • Dec 2010

Online of late, L’Artisan and the like are not available near me.

Ulrich Lang's Anvers II mmm.. if it is anything like the 1st... that was like something my 4 year old would concoct!!

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
          Online of late, L’Artisan and the like are not available near me.

Ulrich Lang's Anvers II mmm.. if it is anything like the 1st... that was like something my 4 year old would concoct!!
          No, it's significantly better (at least it was last time I smelled it). A very smooth mimosa-leather.

This same shop carries L'Artisan apparently.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

"This same shop carries L'Artisan apparently."

Right under my nose.

Cheers!!

Comment

• chomeo
              • Mar 2010

I haven't seen Rance mentioned. Just tried Le Roi Empereur and liked it.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by chomeo View Post
                I haven't seen Rance mentioned. Just tried Le Roi Empereur and liked it.
                Rance is one of the faux-provenance companies, like Creed. On that alone, I dislike them. They don't make bad stuff though, a bit uninspired, but far from terrible. I think they were bought up by whoever owns Comptoir Sud Pacifique, so I imagine their presence will become more prominent. Although CSP has gone down the shitter lately too.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Dick

I know some of your "insiders" are going to get Rick Owens samples...and friends, I want that/those samples.

Will reward with (a) lavish praise; (b) lack of insult; and (c) prezzies in the nature of fragrance.

Tnx

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

l'artisan tea for two is a fabulous scent that won't last more than two hours no matter what i do to it
                    Last edited by Patroklus; 02-10-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                      l'artisan tea for two is a fabulous scent that won't last more than two hours no matter what i do to it
                      Did you try talking it out? Ask about his feelings, put him first...these are sensitive times!

Or...spray on your forearm and back of neck where there are hair molecules. You can also try spray it after it puts on the lotion. Last shot would be to spray on fabric.

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

i spoke with the vial at length but not once did it respond. i don't think it's interested

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

i spoke with the vial at length but not once did it respond. i don't think it's interested
                          snap the bitch in half.

are you only testing from a vial? l'artisan's need to be sprayed...generously. dabbing doesn't cut it.

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

Thank you for your e-mail. I'm sorry, but we found out this week that
                            L'Artisan Parfumeur has discontinued [Tea for Two], and has run out of
                            inventory. So unfortunately--unless they change their mind at some
                            point--it looks like it is gone for good.

Comment

• birdytg
                              • Feb 2010

Tea for Two is indeed a very nice scent... which has for me the same problem that many of the "l'Artisan Parfumeur" fragrances: not long lasting...
                              But, to be honest, it's also very much depending on your skin. Some people are more lucky than others...
                              You can enhance the fragance and its lasting with an additional touch of "Excentric Molecules - "Escentric 01"" over it (no scent and works on all fragrances). The molecule "Iso E Super" used by EM is in fact a molecule which is inside of any perfumes but here they sell this pure molecule concentrated in a no-scent liquid...problem that's about for the price of a real fragrance...but it can sometimes be useful when you really love a fragrance which unfortunately is not long lasting.

I don't know if some of you here already have heard about this "niche" perfume brand: "Sculptures Olfactives by Majda Bekkali"?

I would like to point out this brand as I think it can desserve your attention: the bottle (sculptures) and the scents are just wonderful! (Two new additional scents will come out in the coming weeks)
                              Give you a link if you're curious:http://www.sculpturesolfactives.com/accueil.html

I personnaly own "J'ai fait un rĂªve - Pour lui" and I love it.
                              Difficult for me to describe: it opens on soft notes of rose pepper and bergamotte, then a cool jasmine absolute enhanced by cedarwood, oud, cashmere and safran will overlapped the nose note... but as the evolution is rather different depending on the skin, the scent will be each time quite different on someone else...
                              Whatever this is a true beauty, a jewel scent, very unique and really mysterious and enchanting. It really worths your attention.
                              And...this is a long lasting scent! with a very nice and long evolution! (All what I love!!!)
                              This fragrance has two versions, feminine and masculine but, personnally, I would recommend "Pour lui" for both men and women.

The sculptural bottles are quite expensive but you can also buy the small and simple 50ml sprayer for a very decent price.
                              Last edited by birdytg; 02-12-2012, 12:06 PM.
                              http://www.mypixeldiary.com
                              http://www.birdytg.com
                              www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
                              http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• olethomas
                                • Dec 2010

need to know if anyone of you have tried any of these from blood concept yet, i think it's supposed to be out by now.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎