• Patroklus
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

this has been out for a year?! can't believe I don't have it yet

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

^ big seller! Pretty blatant copy of MJ's Daisy bottle...didn't bother to smell it.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

i'm kind of tempted. do you think the girl behind the counter will facebook about the ninja that came in asking about the Bieber fragrance?

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
          i'm kind of tempted. do you think the girl behind the counter will facebook about the ninja that came in asking about the Bieber fragrance?
          yes, yes I do.

You'll find it at the drugstore too...less human contact that way.

My ESPN says it will smell of fruit, cotton candy, Glade® Spring Fresh bathroom spray, and tween tears.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
            this has been out for a year?! can't believe I don't have it yet

FINALLY!!! The identity of Patroklus is revealed - you are John Waters!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

OK, Dane, what's the most leathery leather scent out there? Bought a sample of Cuiron, died. Don't want to spend $200 on eBay for it though.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I knew I recognized that wit!

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                OK, Dane, what's the most leathery leather scent out there? Bought a sample of Cuiron, died. Don't want to spend $200 on eBay for it though.
                Old world - Knize Ten
                Lush - Cuir de Russie (Chanel)
                Modern - Rien (Etat Libre d'Orange)

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

Thank you!
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I'm John Walters.

Common mistake though.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

La Myrrhe for those of us not in Europe:

(links to Canadian eBay...item number is 300664750849)

Comment

• soulshui
                        • Nov 2011

what is the smell like dane? night time or day time..?

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                          I knew I recognized that wit!

Old world - Knize Ten
                          Lush - Cuir de Russie (Chanel)
                          Modern - Rien (Etat Libre d'Orange)
                          I'm not Dane, but I'm sick in bed with the flu, wearing some tight - in both the literal and figurative senses of the word - Junya parachute pants...even though they remain on only because taking them off requires far too much physical coordination than I can muster at the moment. Henceforth, I don't wanna hear any thing about Faust riding his bike to the bodega in sweats.

This is dedication, son.

Some thoughts: my favorite leather thus far is Heeley's Cuir Pleine Fleur. (I make no claims to have had a comprehensive sniff of leather scents.)

MichaelKard: other leather scents to try -

Parfum d'Empire Cuir Ottoman (Excellent price point, btw. A little off the point, but I just purchased a bottle of Pd'E Amber Russe and although the initial spray makes me smell like I just got picked off the ground in front of the Bowery Mission, the booze blast is evanescent, and the scent settles into a deep and rich amber that manages successfully to avoid overtures to sweetness. In short, a dry amber.)

Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque Intense citrus leather with white flowers. I know it may be difficult to imagine, but I believe it is absolutely unisex, and on the right person, it smells rather unconventional (for a leather.)

Profumum Eccelso University Club leather. Very oak panel walls, etc.

OKAY. Brain is melting...so painful.

MBD
                          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

So does HL's cuiron go for a bunch on ebay these days? I may just have stocked up at a certain Saks outlet that had a ton of it years ago...

Edit: Oops, just noticed Kard mentioned $200. Wish I would've bought more then, I think it was like $30 a bottle.
                            music

Comment

• birdytg
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                              Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque Intense citrus leather with white flowers. I know it may be difficult to imagine, but I believe it is absolutely unisex, and on the right person, it smells rather unconventional (for a leather.)
                              MBD
                              Would second this recommendation and would add:
                              - Les Nombres d'Or "Cuir" by Mona di Orio:
                              Opening with a whiff of Gauloise-like smoke it quickly becomes toasted spices and sweet absinthe before the appearance of the leather. Neatly straddling the line between biker and Birkin bag, the leather is almost carnal in its depth. In these days of anodyne scents and trans-fat free lives this is a welcome walk on the wild side that would be wonderful on a man. On a woman? Only one way to put it: Cuir is ruthlessly chic.

Cuir Notes:
                              Cardamom, Absinth, Leather, Cade, Resinoid Opoponax, Castoreum
                              http://www.mypixeldiary.com
                              http://www.birdytg.com
                              www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
                              http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by soulshui View Post
                                what is the smell like dane? night time or day time..?
                                Either or...it's very bright...high pitched...if you're familiar with aldehydes, it has a lot of them. After that it's a rich myrrhe with rootbeer undertones. It's very complicated and a bit over the top, but that's what makes it so great.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎