X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    ya, they (and BG) are selling the Paris-only Lutens now. you can buy online too...not cheap tho.

la myrrhe, alone with a few others, is the best if the line (ad best of the best frankly). iris silver mist, el attarine, and the new voix de noir are all up there too.
    Jogu, I have all of these except voix de noir if you want to smell them the next time we see each other.

Speaking of which...has anyone smelled voix de noir? Prithee tell.

Remind me.

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
      Jogu, I have all of these except voix de noir if you want to smell them the next time we see each other.

Speaking of which...has anyone smelled voix de noir? Prithee tell.

Remind me.

MBD
      they don't??? faaaack...I was planning on buying soon. hopefully they'll have in the new year.

anyway...it's beautiful. not miles away from TF's Velvet Gardenia, but less cheesy, more refined, less photo-realistic, more of a composition than a study-in-gardenia. all this based on wax sample, so real perfume may differ fyi.

trying to decide between this and JAR's Jardenia. Even at $300, the Lutens is still half the price of the JAR...but something about their stuff is beyond what anyone else is doing.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Hazelburn
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by profondo nero
        Speaking of leather, Cuir de Russie is interesting indeed although too feminine for me to wear.. I could recommend Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather, which is my perfect and personal favourite leather fragrance..
        I'd advise you to try "Cuir Fétiche" from Maître Parfumeur et Gantier. All is in the name, it's like liquid leather, heady and comforting.

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

"Understandably, French perfumers are a bit miffed."
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Not something I worry about...the IFRA has been restricting and banning ingredients for years now. Luckily, there are brilliant perfumers who do their best to keep things smelling as they are.

Basically, there's no way in hell the biggest selling perfume in the world is going anywhere. Does No. 5 smell the same as it did when it was released? No. Is it still No. 5 anyway? Yes.

ps - if anyone's curious why fragrances companies comply with stupid regulations, especially those not even produced in the EU, it's because of liability reasons. No one will insure you if you ignore safety regulations. At one point, groups tried to have Angel put on a hazardous-material list...life goes on.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
              MBD
              yesssss plz , im tempted to invest in a jar of iris silver mist but i dont remember how it smells from start to finish etc . i just remember i liked it

also does anyone wanna go halfsies on a bottle of tonka imperiale ? my decant is almost gone and i wanna get more . its $275 w/ tax for 75ml. ill pay more cos id like to keep the bottle . so im thinkin like maybe whoever wants to do it can pay like $80 for about 35ml ? id have to buy some big atomizers to decant them in . i wont charge for shippin . or if like u dont want 35ml and u want a lil less instead like 25ml cos u dont wanna pay $80 then im willing to do that too or we can work somethin out . i just dont wanna pay for a full bottle cos i know ill most likely never finish it

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

iris silver mist smells almost exactly the same at the end as at the beginning. ie - beautiful turnips.

ps - if you want another decant instead of partial bottle, http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewforum....7667bb4779df5a

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

^ahh sweet thanks for that link i never been on that site before .

you like angel too rite ? im kinda obsessed w/ it in the past 2 yrs . i just sprayed some now in my room as a room spray ( thx for that idea lol ) , which one do u like best ? me personally i like em both but i like angel men better , it smells darker , i mean like ... idk coffee ? but i have a couple official samples of angel and its kinda growing on me . smells fruitier . smelling them both rite now theyre kinda 2 different beasts even tho they share similar traits . plus i love the bottles w/ the glass blue star encased in black rubber

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

I'm a big Angel fan...not so much Amen, but I have an aversion to minty notes quite often. I quite liked the Coffee flanker though, and to a lesser extent, the recent chili version.

Angel Gout de Parfum (bitter cocoa something-or-other) is really something if you haven't tried it...can be had for decent prices on ebay. Like original Angel, but more chocolatey, and much darker. Angel Liqueur de Parfum is also quite nice if you like boozy stuff. I bought a bottle of the regular Angel pure perfume on fragrancenet for something ridiculous like $50, and it's very similar to Liqueur...boozy, a bit urinous (honey). Good dealz. The new leather version is quite nice as well.

Comment

• several_girls
                      • Nov 2010

Just wanted to say thanks again Dane for your advice and recommendations. Tubereuse Criminelle is beautiful, and has shot to the top of the short list.

In other news, I tried Interlude Man the other day. I have to corroborate another reviewer's conclusion that it is indistinguishable from Mona di Orio's Cuir. Interlude is a bit less confrontational on the opening though. I am fond of both scents, fwiw. I love scents that are challenging and demanding of the wearer.

I also tried 100% Love and had the same reaction for the opening on that one. Its fungal/limburger top layer is theoretically repulsive, but I love it, it draws me in.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Glad to hear you liked them. I haven't tried Interlude yet (at least not that I recall...all the Amouage names are starting to blur). Can't say I'm a fan of Mona's, so chances are I won't care for it anyway. When someone is going to attempt a leather, they have some stiff competition.

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

i got a post-gender-boner
                          According to reports, Yohji Yamamoto are to relaunch their fragrance lines next year. The information comes as part of an announcement by UK PR company, Purple PR, who are to represent the range in the UK, France and Germany.The Yohji Yamamoto fragrance line was originally launched in 1996, with Yohji. The fragrances were created in […]

if this is a lie ima cut a bitch

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Even if they do re-release, chances are it (meaning, the only one worth smelling) won't smell the same. But hopefully I'm wrong.

Comment

• chameleon
                              • Jun 2008

Has anyone smelled Divine's l'homme infini? Thoughts?

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                                • Nov 2008

Min is fantastic w/ awesome customer service…but Aedes selection can't be beat. Also, totally excellent customer service there. I'll always go to Min or Aedes over Barney's/Bergdorf…

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Yesterday I stopped by MiN on Crosby St in NYC. Officially my new perfumery. Forget Aedes, boys and girls. This place is awesome. Feel kinda dumb actually that I've walked by this place literally a thousand times and never walked in.

And the bonus is one of their salespeople, Alejandro, is a RO fiend, a member of SZ and a long lost Fashion Spot refugee whom I remember very well from the olden days!

Tried and very much liked Amouage Memoir. Yum.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎