X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fenix
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    What do you think of Mad et Len, Dane? I feel like we've had this conversation before...
    Not speaking for him and I am definitely no Dane when it comes to fragrance but I'm a fan. I have Thé Sichaun and Black Afghan. After smelling Thé Sichaun once it was one of those instant have to have's for me no matter the price. The best part is most of the time, I just open the lid for a bit with no need to burn them often.

They are pricey but a guilty pleasure if you can find one you love.
    Originally posted by hausofblaq
    Grow up.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I love their smells. Maybe it will be a little gift for myself in Paris - they are just so much cheaper there!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Sorry I must have missed your ? the first time around...I've actually not tried this line. Wow...not something that I say very often! I'm getting rusty.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Oh, shit! :-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by Fenix View Post
            Not speaking for him and I am definitely no Dane when it comes to fragrance but I'm a fan. I have Thé Sichaun and Black Afghan. After smelling Thé Sichaun once it was one of those instant have to have's for me no matter the price. The best part is most of the time, I just open the lid for a bit with no need to burn them often.

They are pricey but a guilty pleasure if you can find one you love.

Best thing in Black Afghan is that it's perfectly blended with other scents.
            My last month ready-to-go blend is BA + Monocle/CdG: Laurel

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

I wonder how this brand has Black Afghan and Nasomatto has Black Afghano...not sure who's came first, but you'd think the other would have complained.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Jouw
                • Jul 2009

Currently I wear Byredo Beaudelaire which is great and I am considering buying Oud by Francis Kurkdjian.

Comment

• blacktulip
                  • Nov 2011

Love Mad et Len - have their lava rocks and candles at home. That brand could be so much bigger IMHO. For wearing, I have been getting accustomed to Frederic Malle's Noir Epices, and my partner is a devotee of Carnal Flower ("the most intense tuberose scent ever").

Visiting any of F. Malle's branches in Paris is both an inspiration and an education. Their staff are so knowledgable and keen to share that knowledge. Was pleased to see them on sale in the DVN flagship store right on the Seine last winter too.
                  "Silicon is a gas"

Comment

• 8bpc
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                    ya i also think sometimes the bottles are part of the experience but in the end id rather pay less for the fragrance w/out a fancy bottle . that travel spray is very nice but its heavy , has the mass of a thousand suns and i didnt like how heavy it was in my pocket so i sold it for a pretty penny and use my own atomizer
                    Would you share where you found an atomizer that fits the travel bottles?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by blacktulip View Post
                      Love Mad et Len - have their lava rocks and candles at home. That brand could be so much bigger IMHO. For wearing, I have been getting accustomed to Frederic Malle's Noir Epices, and my partner is a devotee of Carnal Flower ("the most intense tuberose scent ever").

Visiting any of F. Malle's branches in Paris is both an inspiration and an education. Their staff are so knowledgable and keen to share that knowledge. Was pleased to see them on sale in the DVN flagship store right on the Seine last winter too.
                      OT: but I really love that Dries will sell things that he loves and that he just wants to share with others. There is something endearing about that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Travel question - can I thoroughly wash a small bottle from perfume and refill it with another perfume or is that a no-no?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

faust i tried to do that but i think it depends on the perfume . a good example , i had a small atomizer from sephora i filled w/ domas 6scents and then when it was empty i cleaned it w/hot water and soap then filled it w/ alcohol and emptied that by sprayin it all out , then refilled w/ alcohol again and i let that fucker sit on my desk for a few mos . when i went back to it i smelled it and i STILL smelled the patchouli , so i washed it again , filled w/ alc again etc etc and put it back on desk . forgot bout it then almost a year later i came back to it expectin it to be completely clean but i stillllllllllllll fuckin smelled that fucker in the glass vial and a tiny bit in the spray nozzle . but then other frags ive cleaned out arent as stubborn ( i havent noticed much diff in cleanin out parfums vs toilettes ). i used that vial again w/ somethin else and at 1st spray i vaguely smelled the 6scents but by the 3rd spray it was completely gone

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I thought so. I guess I'll just take a bigger bottle. Thanks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Ya, re-use a no-no...unless you have an autoclave handy, and even then the plastic components often inside the cap/atomizer still won't be free of the previous scent.

Comment

• blacktulip
                                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                OT: but I really love that Dries will sell things that he loves and that he just wants to share with others. There is something endearing about that.
                                That's precisely what endeared Rick's stores to me (besides the curtain fabrics et al): his off-brand book and DVD selections, which vary shop to shop and depending on when one happens to walk in.

Back on topic: what happened to the RO scent?
                                "Silicon is a gas"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎