Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

poal is pretty awesome isnt it , i can only wear it every now n then cos it kinda becomes annoyin to me after an hour or so .
    james heeley was at barneys yesterday so i checked out all of the heeley's , was familiar w/ the line but i never gave them much attn . i got samples of all of them and im really liking them alot more than i thought . theres a new one coming out soon , i cant remember what the name was , kinda coconutty and summery . and i like that his candles come w/ that wooden lid / stand

Comment

• Castor
      • Nov 2009

Heeleys frags are beautiful. I would consider them in very good taste. Nothing loud or ground breaking, but very sophisticated and excellent quality. Cuir Pleine Fleur, Tiger Balm and the mint one are great, but I don't find myself splurging on a bottle for some reason. Maybe too polite.
      Originally posted by DRRRK
      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

youre rite thats a great description , polite . i was tryin to think of a way to describe them but couldnt and polite is a good one . i had been lookin for somethin light but still lots of body . been wearin the tiger balm one tonite and like the drydown , not so much the beginning

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

That's always my issue - the polite stuff that I would wear often always gets trumped by the crazy stuff that I'll never wear when I'm shopping. Eventually though, you have to let go and buy something that's only 4/5 just so you're not wearing haute couture to the grocery store everyday. My daily scent is Saffran Troublant. Simple, but still beautiful.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Castor
            • Nov 2009

Often my same issue with clothes. Buy the edgy runway concept piece or a basic wearable item. I suppose some kind of mix in a collection always makes sense. I can't seem to settle on anything daily but Coromandel is my favorite night out frag for this time of year.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Exactly. It's even harder in perfume because the everyday stuff often costs the same as the runway stuff.

Maybe if Coromandel is your special scent, another, less complex patchouli would suit you for everyday. Like Nombril Immense or Patchouli Imperiale.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• several_girls
                • Nov 2010

Got another stash of samples, slowly working my way through them, including some new stuff.

Tried some of the Luckyscent Decennial frags, all forgettable. Lys du Desert smelled like Tauer's base/signature without anything going on over the base.

Tried Vidi and Vici, both interesting exercises but hardly seem bottleworthy compared to the rest of the line.

Sampled the current offerings from Puredistance as well. M is really all its cracked up to be, the only thing I didn't like was the concentration; I haven't seen any reviews of it that mention it can be suffocating. It's very dense and drips off your wrist like molasses. Classy, but a little too crowd-pleasing for my own taste.

On that note, I was inordinately pleased with Guerilla 1. I knew I had to try it when reviewers made negative comments like, "smells like rotting fruit in a plastic bag", meaty, somewhat alien, etc. The saffron gives it some body, and I've noticed myself drawn to other saffron scents for this reason. Still looking for a bottle of Theo Fennell's Scent in edp...

Comment

• Atmosphere
                  • Jan 2010

Any recommendations for buying perfume in London? I'm getting tired of CDG, and feel like I should move on to,well, something else.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

The EDT of Scent is virtually identical, only a bit more sheer. Don't bother waiting for the EDP if you come across the EDT, imo.

Comment

• Castor
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                      The EDT of Scent is virtually identical, only a bit more sheer. Don't bother waiting for the EDP if you come across the EDT, imo.
                      Adore Scent. I have the EDT and it is quite powerful with excellent staying power.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Atmosphere View Post
                        Any recommendations for buying perfume in London? I'm getting tired of CDG, and feel like I should move on to,well, something else.
                        Les Senteurs.

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                        Adore Scent. I have the EDT and it is quite powerful with excellent staying power.
                        I stocked up when they discontinued it. There really is nothing like it. Like spicy sweat.

Comment

• wurm
                          • Nov 2010

any recommendations for somewhat less expensive fragrances for the summer? i used allure homme sport last summer and liked it. i recently tried a bottle of l'eau d'issey that i had again and really liked it too, though - possibly more than the chanel (and obviously a lot less expensive). that said, i'm pretty ignorant when it comes to fragrances. have tried some other common ones but none that i really liked. i had l'homme by ysl and it was ok, but nothing great. i recently bought kyoto and like it quite a bit (tried hinoki and really liked it too). i'd prefer to spend less than ~$80. thinking something by cdg might fit the bill well but i'm not sure what.

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

^ CDG Sherbet peppermint. Cheap, super fresh, kinda weird.
                            music

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Vettiveru by CDG is good. Comes in a big bottle, so good value. Otherwise, Mugler Cologne, maybe Bvlgari Pour Homme.

Comment

• Castor
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                                Exactly. It's even harder in perfume because the everyday stuff often costs the same as the runway stuff.

Maybe if Coromandel is your special scent, another, less complex patchouli would suit you for everyday. Like Nombril Immense or Patchouli Imperiale.
                                Prada Candy for a light benzoin fix. I know. Hate me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎