Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbydesign
    • Sep 2010

Hmmm. Been waiting for a new EdP FM scent to drop soon. Can't say I'm too excited about those notes, but it's a collaboration so typically that suggests a more commercial appeal, which this will likely have. It's the musky, vanilla, etc notes that have me worried. Anyone actually try this out yet? If not, will have to try and dig up a sample somewhere.

It'll be awesome if he does this with someone more edgy than DVN. Curious what scents could potentially pop up.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Is there any update on when the Rick fragrance is going to be officially released?
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Has anyone recently been able to order from www.six-scents.com, was finally going to pull the trigger on the Damir Doma fragrance thinking it would always be available here but got "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." when trying to check out with paypal (the only available payment option). I emailed customer service about a week ago and haven't heard back.
        music

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Casey, I think this project is dead.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            Is there any update on when the Rick fragrance is going to be officially released?
            Nope. We should get a sample for review beforehand though.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Nope. We should get a sample for review beforehand though.
              Nice! Will eagerly await this review

I'm not much of a fragrance wearer, but reading through this thread and remembering what I've smelled at the Rick boutiques, its something that certainly intrigues me.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

I feel like you should send that sample to me when it arrives. For no other reason than I want it.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

You have my word on that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

*squeee*

From what I recall, it's supposed to be lily and civet based. Most know what a lily smells like, but if you're unfamiliar with civet, it smells like shit (literally). Swing by the Guerlain counter and smell Jicky, which contains a decent sized log of it.

Civet is now created synthetically, as to not hurt the kitties whose anal glands were once used. I have some for reference...it has to be sealed in a bottle, double-bagged, placed in an air-tight glass container, and then a 2nd airtight plastic container. It's vulgar stuff. I've made the mistake of handling the bottle with only a single pair of latex gloves on. Now I know to double-bag it, or pay the price of the dog following me around the house like I'm sweating kibble.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• several_girls
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                      The EDT of Scent is virtually identical, only a bit more sheer. Don't bother waiting for the EDP if you come across the EDT, imo.
                      TY for the tip. I've been watching ebay for a bottle, finally found one. Do I get bragging rights for snatching one up at $30 and free shipping?

On topic and related to Laudamiel though, I've tested the rest of the H&G line and I'm glad you insisted (this is way earlier in the thread). Eau Radieuse will do nicely for summers, and Blask rubs me the right way as well. I'd love to go to one of Laudamiel's chemistry lectures, I've read a few interviews and he seems to have a very deep understanding of the production process.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

He is a genius. The H&G line is incredible, albeit not easy things to wear everyday. I have a bottle of Multiple Rouge, which is like kool-aid on acid. I've had people tell me it nauseates them while I was wearing it. :-/

$30 is an astounding deal at this point! When they d/c'd it, they were selling off the EDT for $20, sometimes less, but people (like me) snatched them up and they were all gone within no time.

I recall trying the pure perfume at Bendel's when it first came out. It was in a pewter bottle, and was expensive enough that I didn't even consider buying it (at the time). I'm kicking myself now.

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

It's too bad, I figured they were done doing new collaborations but was hoping you could still order stock from the website since you're able to put things in the shopping cart and whatnot, guess I was wrong. Shoulda bought it last year when Oak suddenly got a six scents restock including Damir.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Casey, I think this project is dead.
                          music

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                            It's too bad, I figured they were done doing new collaborations but was hoping you could still order stock from the website since you're able to put things in the shopping cart and whatnot, guess I was wrong. Shoulda bought it last year when Oak suddenly got a six scents restock including Damir.
                            Call Bendel's.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Omg Dane you really are a fragrance guru. Went to Bendel's today et voila they have it. Only downside is they charged $130 instead of the previously listed price of $90 :-/

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                              Call Bendel's.
                              music

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

I don't promise good deals, only accuracy. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎