X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

^how so? during the clinton administration were lending laws not relaxed like a bunghole in distress? for chrissakes i bought a house with zero down which was historically not possible. didn't the CRA in the 70s ultimately lead to the lax lending that lead to a large chunk of our current disastrous economy?

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

Someone tile out an image of the one-legged pant, make a sign and go down to Wall Street tomorrow.

Look...political debate doesn't really solve anything but the bottom line is that corruption is the issue. In each party, in the banking system, you name it. The corruption needs to be removed and it is just a simple fact that those with money (and I'm not talking about rich people who make $600,000 per year) have the power. They make rules and laws to benefit themselves, protect their specific interests and 'the people,' (for whom this nation was founded to direct the country) no longer have a voice.

Sure, you can vote and on the local level (and probably even on the state level in some states) you might be able to shift or change things. But where you have a body of people who get rich by taking money from the wrong people who decide how things are going to develop, you have the people who set the rules creating nothing but rules that help them hold onto more of their money.

And I'm talking about in a historical sense in contrast to the 60s when there was a flourishing middle class and that the system wasn't gamed. If I hold the vast majority of the spice, I control the universe. That's what's happening here and that's what needs to end.
      The message of OWS isn't against rich people, it's not against capitalism, it's not against big banks with lots of money and it's not against the republican party. It's against corruption on the higher levels, wherever it occurs if it keeps this nation from running the way it was intended to run.

Appropriate for WTF.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
        ^how so? during the clinton administration were lending laws not relaxed like a bunghole in distress? for chrissakes i bought a house with zero down which was historically not possible. didn't the CRA in the 70s ultimately lead to the lax lending that lead to a large chunk of our current disastrous economy?
        Did no one notice the dangers in buying a house with zero down? I'm thinking that if I can't put down an initial deposit, I probably can't afford to buy it in the first place.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
          Someone tile out an image of the one-legged pant, make a sign and go down to Wall Street tomorrow.

Aside from the pants, this discussion is taking place in the wrong thread.

And as usual, beardown pretty much writes out what I'm thinking or trying to think.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            I'll try and dig up some proper sources for you over the weekend. This isn't hard to research on your own though.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

in other political wtf. save the internetz from censorship.

read this and then click on that link and email your representatives

Dear friend,

I just emailed Congress to urge them to oppose the Internet Blacklist Legislation, known as the PROTECT-IP Act in the Senate and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the House. This legislation seeks to give the executive branch power to conduct slash-and-burn campaigns against websites that allegedly host – or even link to – content that infringes on intellectual property rights. That would “disappear” whole domain names, fundamentally undermining Internet security, and/or choke off their financial support. The Internet Blacklist Legislation puts more sites than ever at risk, effectively upending the DMCA safe harbors that have been crucial to the growth of Internet innovation and creativity.

Sadly, these short-sighted and dangerous bills won’t do much to stop online infringement – but they will jeopardize our ability to speak and read online with the kind of freedom we cherish in the offline world. Deep-pocketed Hollywood lobbyists are aggressively pushing to control and censor the open Internet, willing to sacrifice free speech and our Internet culture in hopes of controlling how people view their movies and products.

We need to stop this bill before it goes any further. Will you contact your representatives in Congress and urge them to oppose the Internet Blacklist Legislation? Visit: https://eff.org/r.C8A
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

What a joke.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

its a real thing dude.
                  It'll give the government new powers to block Americans' access websites that corporations don't like. The bill would criminalize posting all sorts of standard web content -- music playing in the background of videos, footage of people dancing, kids playing video games, and posting video of people playing cover songs.

This legislation will stifle free speech and innovation, and even threaten popular web services like Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.

so at this very moment we have the people's right to assembly being crushed all over this country in a national effort coordinated by the fbi and the department of homeland security in conjunction with local governments. AND we have bills being presented in congress that directly target free speech. why? because the politicians that were put in place by big money corporate interests are answering to those they are beholden to. and no one knows shit about it or does shit about it. they just keep trying to keep up with the kardashians. even though they never will because the game is rigged.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Who exactly is going to take the time to review every single website? And more importantly, who is going to pay that person to check? I work in intellectual property, so I'm aware of how difficult it is to monitor these types of behaviors...I'm guessing they'd force the owner of the property to police on their own...and then forward to a committee who decides if it's legitimate??? Nonsense...there aren't enough hours in the day.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

it is completely idiotic. anyone can complain and have sites taken down and cut off from their revenue sources.

here just read this - http://boingboing.net/2011/11/11/sto...-internet.html

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Jeez....proxy software is going to make a killing!

As much as I'm jealous of your shopping, etc., sometimes I'm glad I live in Canada.

Comment

• gavagai
                          • May 2010

Just to be clear. One legged pants are definitely not a skirt right?

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
                            Just to be clear. One legged pants are definitely not a skirt right?
                            Skirts are for girls, silly.

Comment

• Calimero
                              • Jul 2010

I don't see where is the WTF, please be respectfull of one-legged person.

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

lol

5 char
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎