X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oasis
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by tenorish View Post
    ^careful about reading the description when the title is something like "Topshop by Rick Owens", because the title is pretty misleading on it's own. I never had to cross-check the genuineness of a product title on eBay before, it's usually evident on the first reading.

Ofcourse I don't buy things without reading the description but it's possible to overlook a line here or there. Granted, it's the buyers responsibility to check all the details, but it says something about the seller who posts a misleading title.
    This is not the case where I'm from. Ebay transactions fall under the heading 'uberrimae fidei' - 'of the upmost good faith' so any misrepresentation, including the title would be grounds to challenge the purchase..
    Originally posted by christianef
    u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• gavagai
      • May 2010

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
      that's mine! sorry if it's confusing, but topshop gets no love on eBay. last time when i listed it as topshop and added 'rick owens' at the end of the title, the listing accrued 197 watchers and i sold the jacket for twice the retail price. unfortunately the buyer backed out because she had "second thoughts on paying $400 for polyester outerwear" and i relisted it, but it got taken down for search manipulation the second time around.

i make it clear however, that the jacket is NOT, in fact, by rick owens, but similar in style to his moto shearling. i only do this to evade ebay's policy, and i don't really think its an issue. if buyers place bids without reading the actual listing, that isn't really my fault.
      Doesn't hurt to look through the past couple pages...

Comment

• random
        • Dec 2007

Certainly, it's not a right thing to violate whatever eBay set up as rules. But a lot of ppl incl myself are no saints and sometimes brands like Julius would really attract Rick fans, just for example) so it probably won't hurt much there. If one has to do it, I'd suggest sth like " TOPSHOP jacket more description words size ? owens style rick"...
        I don't exist.

Comment

• CHRIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by tenorish View Post
          Anyone know the seller of the Topshop/RO jacket on eBay? The listing has been deleted, how surprising.

I need to know so that I'm extra careful with him from now on..
          OH HONAYYY. =/

hope you like the pants when you receive them. =)
          Last edited by CHRIS; 12-09-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• tenorish
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
            Doesn't hurt to look through the past couple pages...
            I mean't the name on eBay.

CHRIS - hope the trousers fit me fine, because it's only now that you've told me that they were for women!

Once again, I admit I could have been more comprehensive in my questioning before buying something, but it's a sort of sneaky thing not to mention this, and moreover to say that they aren't in stores yet because now that I know exactly which ones they are they seem to have been in stores quite a while!

Point is simply that I'm going to have to think and re-check a million times before buying from you again - something not particularly pleasant when making a purchase. That's all.

Comment

• CHRIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2006

i mentioned that they are unisex. and i've had them on my flickr page for months now, and you only recently purchased them. when i received them from egocomplex, they were still unavailable in stores. i purchased them as part of a pre-order, from a retailer's account, so i received them before most stores even had them up online. you can confirm this with cody from egocomplex.com if you'd like.

i've never had one single person complain about an item item i've sold them. and that's not only here, but on superfuture and eBay as well.

Comment

• tenorish
                • Oct 2011

^all I'm going to say is that you should have updated the description on your flickr page instead of letting "new users" believe that they're not in stores. That's slightly misleading, and that's pretty much my only complaint.

Sure you might have had only perfect transactions so far, but I'm gonna call you out when I find something deceptive, s'all.

Comment

• CHRIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2006

you're absolutely right. i need to update my flickr more often. and my eBay listings will be more straightforward in the future. but there was nothing deceptive about my description. you only perceive it to be that way because i failed to update it. but yea, that's a mistake on my part.

EDIT: while we're on the subject, lets take another second for some semantic deconstruction. 'deception' implies intent. i think (in the context of the last couple of pages) the term 'misleading' is much more accurate, and less... disgusting.
                  Last edited by CHRIS; 12-09-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• skinfade
                    • Jul 2010

This is truly WTF... CCP + cargo pants + Peaked cap.....

Comment

• KM80
                      • Mar 2008

Comment

• christianef
                        • Feb 2009

what's really deceptive: kids who come to this site with a purely consumerist motive and then publicly boohoo about how this transaction did not work and how upset they are cuz they were all psyched to post a pic in the recent purchase thread and offer zilch else. lol if i can spot you from a mile away you should at least be able to have second thoughts about what u read on ebay or flickr.

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

and with a whimper, the cult of ccp jumps the cordovan, object-dyed, reverse taped seam shark.

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

and on another note, i miss drippy-drawered gangsta rap before these assholes started hanging out with coldplay and dressing like they now do

Comment

• tenorish
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                              what's really deceptive: kids who come to this site with a purely consumerist motive and then publicly boohoo about how this transaction did not work and how upset they are cuz they were all psyched to post a pic in the recent purchase thread and offer zilch else. lol if i can spot you from a mile away you should at least be able to have second thoughts about what u read on ebay or flickr.
                              Sure, grandad. I guess even after having read the line "not in stores yet" ten times you would have thought the opposite. There's something called trust.

Ha, and I'm surely not buying a pair of normal silent trousers to post it in the recent purchases thread. If you'd paid more attention to my post there you'd have seen a rather uniform or atleast harmonious aesthetic. I'll have you know that it takes a while for a young kid without access to a gold mine (who's a student) to build up a wardrobe of quality garments (from BBS and RO primarily). And I'm not the sort who will comment on the structure, fabric, cut or what have you of a garment/designer without first hand experience with it.

So I urge you to wait a season or two before rushing to impose your fashion elitism on the underlings, maybe by then you'll find more intellectually engaging posts from me.

Kudos to your far-sightedness at having spotted me from a mile though. But we shall revisit this boast of yours in a season to verify how far sighted you really were.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

^ chill out; post may not be directed specifically at you and I know what shes talking about, there are a lot of consumerist types that I've run into via classifieds.

and before you get your cashmere rick owens boxer briefs in a twist, I'm a student too -- it makes more sense to me to be more informed about the designer and purchase before throwing away minimum wage earned money dont you think? so i appreciate her sentiments because of the recent influx of idiots such as poellharnden and eddieluizhao

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎