• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rawrimabear
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    Is this for real? HL leather y-fronts?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VINTAGE-HELMU...ht_2632wt_1396
    Looks like they are! Do I smell a guilty purchase post?

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

bringen es auf!
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
        ISO: mid 30's boyfriend with a closet full of slutty, vintage helmut lang. preferably german
        I am dangerously close to that...
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• CHRIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2006

CUM TO SAN FRANCISCO

there should be an SZ affiliated, grindr-like app called 'leathr' lol

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

How to make a quick 1000 euros:

1. Take this jacket
            2. (Crudely) cover it with plastic paint
            3. ??????
            4. PROFIT!!!!!
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• sissyleaks
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Your definition of the market is jaded. This is exactly the problem with this forum, the narrow view of fashion. I wish I could talk to someone about McQueen or Chalayan who are a head above anything discussed here, and especially the one trick pony Harnden.
              I was referring to the 'market' in relation to this forum. Why would i bother about mcqueen and chalayan? Their work is great but their clothes on the shop floor have little appeal to me. especially the latter's.

I dont think paul is a 'fashion' designer. He just makes clothes the way he likes them - 'old-world' workwear- either your cup of tea or not- i dont think he is interested in making ball gowns for spray tanned princesses. Who the hell is chalayan's customer anyway? He certainly doesnt rely on his sales.

If hardnen is a 1 trick pony for his references, then im afraid most designers are the same. You have to champion galliano or marc jacobs for jumping from apples to oranges every season. Id like to think of hardnen like rick - he sticks to his guns. Does what he does when he feels like it - and he does a bloody good job of it too (in his own distinct way).

I dont see any other designer discussed here where people can resell the clothes for the same price they paid for(or sometimes more) after months of wear.

There arent many designers with as much integrity either, so id like to know what prompted you to say so.

Comment

• KingJulien
                • Oct 2011

McQueen is worlds above anything Harnden will ever be in terms of talent. He reshaped the fashion landscape and designed some of the most beautiful clothing and elaborate spectacles ever. Also certain McQueen creations are worth tens or even hundreds of thousands so that's just a stupid comparison.

Look, I kinda like Harnden, he does interesting stuff, but you're comparing the Red Hot Chili Peppers to Mozart.

Faust's point is exactly what you said, if I'm understanding him - people here have a tendency to only have an interest in things they can buy. (It's not just SZ, either).
                Last edited by KingJulien; 04-17-2012, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Your definition of the market is jaded. This is exactly the problem with this forum, the narrow view of fashion. I wish I could talk to someone about McQueen or Chalayan who are a head above anything discussed here, and especially the one trick pony Harnden.
                    I wouldn't buy a Harnden book or look at his old collections but as one trick go Harnden is quite good. He's making clothes we wear instead of making some we talk about (or that girls should/are wearing).
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Buncha racists, they're not spray-tanned, they're from the middle-east. Well Russians are good too "nous sommes belles, nous sommes riches, nous sommes Russes." (we're beautiful, we're rich, we're Russians). Someone has to buy ballgowns and Zilli, let's not forget Zilli.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by copacetic
                        i think the difference is that someone wearing the harnden jacket is in on the joke, but the hypothetical rick towel purchaser wouldn't be. it has to do with the visual shock that others would get from seeing the fluorescent yellow in a different context, an effect that the purchaser/wearer would certainly intend to cause if he decided to zip that baby up and walk out the door.

I don't think it's really clever or funny enough to be considered a 'joke,' I suppose. But if it is, then clearly the person who spends 1500€ would assume the position of the 'butt.'

"LOOK! I GOT THE KEWL HARNDEN $20 JACKET FOR 1500€! AREN'T I FUNNY! I BOUGHT MY WAY INTO THE CLUB!"

I can respect the fact that you think it's kind of a cool joke if you can respect the fact that I think it's really lame and kind of typifies what's miserable about the fashion world.

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by copacetic
                          i left the price out of my reasoning totally. i can't decide how relevant it is to the meaning of the garment... hmm...
                          Simply because when you can make something for 20€ that has no exceptional qualities in terms of design or production and sell it for 1500€, the joke becomes the customer.

Comment

• CHRIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2006

it would be cool if it were translucent, neon leather

i don't think there's any other way to make it worthy of a second look? unless maybe if there was like, blood on it from an actual traffic accident cause someone thought you were an attendant and you weren't and so then they like, hit a tree

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Ugh, so I got burned by the Cody/egocomplex Silent buy. I trusted everything was legit as I had a very smooth transaction ordering a shirt last season I couldn't find anywhere else so I placed a pre-order for silent SS 2012. A few months after putting down a deposit for the pre-order I ask when can I expect it and get a reply that the Silent buy fell through and my deposit will be refunded. Almost 2 months and several nice requests later and I have yet to see my deposit. I didn't want to publicly complain until I gave ample time for things to be resolved privately but this is ridiculous.
                              music

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

Sorry to hear about that. Always had shady vibes from that guy and heard several questionable things mentioned. I tried to steer people away whenever his name was brought up in 'good finds' but I bet you're not the only one he banked dough off of.

He's STILL posting on sufu. Gets banned, rejoins with a new name, posts the exact same shit. All it takes is a deposit from enough people and the guy could ride off into the sunset for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎