X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

What?
    I wasn't snarky and can't see how I would take it personally?? I was just stating a fact. I felt putting it in inverted commas was making it feel insignificant. You know, like air quotes. Then again, you probably wouldn't have used air quotes in a real conversation, so never mind.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

What are you 'talking about?'

'Air quotes?'

'WTF.'

Those just specified that the word being used was referenced from your post and not my own. I don't know enough about the guy to know what he has or hasn't been convicted of. I know he is deceased and that is about the only fact I would assume is true from a blog post or a wiki entry.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Well, just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true. I agree on that.
        I guess let's go back to : "Those pants are pretty WTF" (no air quotes)
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkady View Post

this collection is made by a dear dear friend of mine. She's a visionary and truly lives like she preaches. She wears a lot of these things in her everyday life.
          You should look more into her world. I'm sure the majority in here finds her stuff to be quite WTF, but i'm biased as i know her and her world from the inside. it's a beautiful fun place to be.

Here's a video of the collection i was a part of.

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
            Well, just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true. I agree on that.
            I guess let's go back to : "Those pants are pretty WTF" (no air quotes)
            Quick, true, sad admission:

I was the news editor at a fairly large newspaper (for its market) and was in charge of doing the front page every day, top to bottom. I created a headline where I referred to a someone as a 'robber' (when he was only accused and therefore an 'alleged robber', even though everyone knew he did it).

The result was a moved trial, a very rabid lawyer calling the publisher and threatening a lawsuit and an out of court settlement that almost cost me my job. Not because of the story...the story was accurate. The headline (which was mine) was libelous. My ass still clinches up anytime I refer to someone as anything specific, even in online posts.

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

My ass clenches every time I read the word alleged when you know it's true but I fully take your point.

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

yeah, an admitted and convicted rapist generally means you can remove the quotes. even the ny times wouldn't put it in quotes.

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

But again, I don't know enough about the guy other than what was written on a blog so I can't say what he is or what he isn't. If I worked at the NY Times, it would involve research and a fact sheet.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Yeah, I was referring more to 'the alleged bomber/terrorist/murderer/etc' where they are really the only suspect...

Comment

• KingJulien
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                      Yeah, I was referring more to 'the alleged bomber/terrorist/murderer/etc' where they are really the only suspect...
                      Yeah but the newspaper isn't going to presume that they did it until the courts say so - libel aside it's really not the press's place to throw away due process.

Comment

• theconsumer
                        • Feb 2009

Click here to lick more legs

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

The last one is... wordless.

Comment

• theconsumer
                            • Feb 2009

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                              this collection is made by a dear dear friend of mine. She's a visionary and truly lives like she preaches. She wears a lot of these things in her everyday life.
                              You should look more into her world. I'm sure the majority in here finds her stuff to be quite WTF, but i'm biased as i know her and her world from the inside. it's a beautiful fun place to be.

Here's a video of the collection i was a part of.
                              http://josefinarnell.se/superbodyvideo.html
                              Well thank you for the insight.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

Tisci is killing me. Dogs, plants....next season will be cats...or fish.....or insects???

I swear I used to look forward to seeing his designs and now it's all about T-shirts with tacky imagery that sell for SICK SICK prices.

And then these shorts:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎