Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

im glad you didnt use the word "swag".

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

"I like to blend streetwear with high end fashion because I have a sense of both, like, most people who are into high fashion cant really do streetwear, and most streetwear people cant do high fashion .... I'm just one of those people, I'm popular for doing it. I pull it off well. Not a lot of people can do that."

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by christianef View Post
        fashion rappers will always be a bit difficult to take seriously but i think asap has shown more potential than most thus far. from what ive seen he looks alright in rick, the kid has a natural charm and down to earth grace about him underneath it all that is appealing.

Lmao. Ok, banana.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          "I like to blend streetwear with high end fashion because I have a sense of both, like, most people who are into high fashion cant really do streetwear, and most streetwear people cant do high fashion .... I'm just one of those people, I'm popular for doing it. I pull it off well. Not a lot of people can do that."

too funny.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• christianef
            • Feb 2009

do u even know who he is faust? dude is a rapper for harlem obviously he's going to fuck around with looks and some shit will be mad goofy. but he can looks alright too. lowery and seemny are legends of shitty street wear like visim etc dont see what is so funny

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by christianef View Post
              do u even know who he is faust? dude is a rapper for harlem obviously he's going to fuck around with looks and some shit will be mad goofy. but he can looks alright too. lowery and seemny are legends of shitty street wear like visim etc dont see what is so funny
              what I find foul here is that he is claiming to be an extraordinary dresser, and cabable of merging "high fashion" with street wear, but 99% of the time it looks terrible. The picture you posted is probably one of the least bad examples, and it still doesn't look great. The guy is what, like 20, and he desperately wants to be hip and fashionable, and right now designer fashion is getting more popular. He is just aping Kanye, Jay and a few others who name drop designers and wear the occasional RO or Givenchy. he uses the phrase "high fashion" when he is talking about designer sneakers and a beanie that makes a gimmicky reference to designer.

I'm not hating on him for attempting to mix streetwear with something more "fashion" oriented, but he is not doing it well. I don't care about him being a rapper and talking about fashion either, I've listened to rap music 15 years myself. I think you can do it fine to some extent. You mentioned seenmy, who has actually done it well, even if he has moved further from street wear. What goes for Visvim, I actually still have a couple of pairs of footwear and a parka which blend in with a non-streetwear outfit just fine. they are not trashy either, the quality is excellent, but thats beside the point anyway.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

what's funny? the way he looks and how smug he acts about it. for me at least.
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

he's also a terrible rapper. weak lyrics, weak flow, weak beats. when did being abjectly horrible become part of the east coast rap scene?

Comment

• Xhale12
                    • Jan 2012

I thinks its important to remember that "high fashion" is all perspective and in the eye of the beholder.

Spot on Patroklus. He's awful.

Comment

• KingJulien
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                      he's also a terrible rapper. weak lyrics, weak flow, weak beats. when did being abjectly horrible become part of the east coast rap scene?
                      Shit was going downhill for awhile anyway but rap went off a sheer cliff when Gucci Mane started getting popular.

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

the rap songs you hear now are all pretty much interchangeable

i can't tell my lil boosies from my yung moneys
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Stijn
                          • Jun 2011

It's not that hard to buy some instantly recognisable H1GH FASHUNN items and pair them with ''h&m designer collaboration'' stuff (preferably Versace) + anything with leopard/camo print + gold

And I don't know what ''comme des fuckdown'' is and why it exists but it needs to die, ASAP

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

The main problem here is style. Some people have it, some people don't. Period. Being a fashion victim isn't the same thing as being a fan of fashion in general. People can wear all kinds of styles, some pull it off, some do not. This gentleman certainly falls into the latter category.
                            Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
                              Shit was going downhill for awhile anyway but rap went off a sheer cliff when Gucci Mane started getting popular.
                              rap is doing just fine, it's just too risky for major labels to sign anyone with teeth, same as always. the popularity of fairly hardcore rappers in the past was an aberration, same way all genres get neutered once the industry finds a way to commoditize the sound.

Originally posted by Stijn View Post
                              And I don't know what ''comme des fuckdown'' is and why it exists but it needs to die, ASAP
                              It's a badge to identify losers, kind of like a member's only jacket or the supreme box.

Last edited by Patroklus; 05-09-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                                The main problem here is style. Some people have it, some people don't. Period. Being a fashion victim isn't the same thing as being a fan of fashion in general. People can wear all kinds of styles, some pull it off, some do not. This gentleman certainly falls into the latter category.
                                where does lookbook fall?

just curious to hear your insight

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎