• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ErnstLudwig View Post
    at least they spend their money and do something for the economy...
    Unlike those damn impoverished and lower middle class Americans who tend to sit on their mountains of wealth and cling to it?

I think this is the 3rd time I've officially LOL'ed on here but you got me with this one.

Let me guess: Are you one of those people who bought into the idea that the wealth of the very rich rains down onto the peasants with this disproved theory of trickle-down economics? Because if you've ever known a very, very rich person, you can bet your ass that a lot of it is tucked away in foreign accounts (take Romney, for example), which also allows them loopholes to avoid paying a share of taxes that is more historically in context with their amount of wealth.

Plus, you know, we've had 30 years to factually disprove the theory since the days of Reagan when he preached that if you let the rich keep their money by paying ridiculously low tax rates, all of that money will find its way into the economy and the middle class with prosper.

Incidentally, the middle class in America has been on a steady, rapid decline since Reagan's years in 1984. So if you're speaking factually and statistically in context with real economics, the flood of raining cash never occurred. Not even in a small way.

I think it's true that it's kind of ridiculous to scrutinize what billionaires wear when they're trying to buy a powerful public office. And I don't have a problem with it until they try to act ashamed of their huge stash of wealth and pretend to empathize with the plight of the middle class or the poor. You're rich as fuck, you grew up rich as fuck, your friends are all rich as fuck...don't suggest you know what it's like to be a working american struggling to pay rent or to put food on the table.

No more political rants from me. I'm not a democrat...I just find it way too easy to point out how irrational and ridiculous the republicans are in their cult of dough.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• nahneun
      • Feb 2011

vote ron paul (5)

Comment

• Urthwhyte
        • Oct 2011

Vote for representative democracy so we can at the least have different issues with our political system.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          "OMG! Rich people wear expensive clothing!"
          It is not that simple, you have to know that Mitt Romney has had several articles written about him praising his down-to-earth relationship to money and spendthrift habits. However what these articles often don't mention is that his wife just buys a shitload of any status-seeking luxury bullshit she can find reading Fortune and Rich People with no Taste weekly.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
            Vote for representative democracy so we can at the least have different issues with our political system.
            As opposed to America's current representative democracy?

Comment

• KingJulien
              • Oct 2011

@Beardown, I think (hope?) his comment was tongue-in-cheek. Thank god for the Romneys fueling the US economy one $900 shirt at a time.

The Dem. party is trying to paint Romney as a modern Marie Antionette, which is a pretty easy task since he seems to be totally out-of-touch with the middle class. The US presidents have always been top of the pyramid, we have a ruling class just like every other country in history, but most of them didn't view getting an advance on their trust fund in college as struggling (his most recent gaffe was something along those lines) - or at least, state it out loud.

Comment

• several_girls
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                As opposed to America's current representative democracy?
                Apologies in advance for throwing gasoline on the irrelevant bonfire building up here in the WTF thread, but I think there will come a time when "liberal democracy" will be just as dirty a word as "empire" or "colonialism."

Comment

• tron
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                  asap rocky + rick owens makes me cry more than the wife of a turd sandwich.
                  they aren't collaborating or something ridiculous are they?
                  "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    It is not that simple, you have to know that Mitt Romney has had several articles written about him praising his down-to-earth relationship to money and spendthrift habits. However what these articles often don't mention is that his wife just buys a shitload of any status-seeking luxury bullshit she can find reading Fortune and Rich People with no Taste weekly.
                    It will be so EASY for Obama to undress Romney, especially on the whole "job creation" and "I'm just one of you" front, it's not even funny. I hope he grows some balls and goes all out.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ErnstLudwig
                      • Oct 2011

@beardown
                      My comment wasn't about Romney in particular, if "rich people" won't progressively increase their spending (relative to their wealth) they will accumulate even more money, which will end up in strange places serving the purpose to save taxes …
                      So spending is actually helping the economy directly (producer of the goods and services), not giving it to banks which do nothing useful with it atm. Try to get venture capital right now
                      And it was completely free of a moral judgment if it should be even possible in the first place to accumulate this amount of wealth.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

tres chic

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Pilgrim drag chic is so fast forward.
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TheThief
                              • Mar 2011

Uhh can someone please explain to me what is going on here?

Comment

• christianef
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                                asap rocky + rick owens makes me cry more than the wife of a turd sandwich.
                                fashion rappers will always be a bit difficult to take seriously but i think asap has shown more potential than most thus far. from what ive seen he looks alright in rick, the kid has a natural charm and down to earth grace about him underneath it all that is appealing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎