Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheThief
    • Mar 2011

I hope this doesnt ruin his quest to level 100 when he can start casting FS-spells in the auction house.

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

race: dunmer
      sex: male
      birthsign: the lady
      class: custom

major skills:
      marksman
      illusion
      acrobatics
      sneak
      security

minor skills:
      light armor
      spear
      alteration
      mysticism
      restoration

STR: 50
      END: 65
      AGI: 50
      INT: 40
      WILL: 30
      SPD: 50
      PER: 55
      LCK: 40

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
        race: dunmer
        sex: male
        birthsign: the lady
        class: custom
        N'Wah..

Comment

• Rosenrot
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by JoniF

What is disturbing is his behavior. He obviously has a sincere interest in this "goth ninja" archetype. But he tossed around members' personal contributions so carelessly in his misguided attempt to bring expensive clothes to in-debt college kids, knowing full well of the implications of his behavior. He is a member of this forum and a psychologist, after all. To commit social suicide as a martyr across forums in a frivolous attempt to "educate", or hold himself up as some sort of messiah of the dark aesthetic to college kids who are not interested in the first place, that is disturbing.
          You are generalising. There are some people who appreciate this aesthetics direction but don't know where to start.

This is the internet. No matter how much you safeguard your images, they're going to leak out. At least this dude is putting some members here on a pedestal, as opposed to making fun of them (like what some of you are actually doing here).

As for all the armchair critics, you don't like the guide? Well give some constructive feedback, talk to him personally. Stop bitching like high school kids. None of us are patron saints of the 'dark aesthetics'. We were all plebes once and none of us were born garbed in Sruli Recht spider silks nor Dick hammered lamb.
          Originally posted by Patroklus
          Better too adventurous than not enough
          everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

it started out as sort of funny but got really unfunny and tedious really quickly.. then went on for a few more pages
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

wrote a long reply that disappeared.. but to put it shortly, I completely agree with JoniF here.

This guy showed up here a few months ago, apparently liked the popular aesthetic and wanted to try it out. So he bought some clothes that kind of resembled what he saw here (and got thrown out of a store in the process), then decided it didn't really work out. When after this he decides to act as some of spokes person and create a guide on how to dress in a way which he has very little personal experience about, is sad and ridicilous.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

the majority of the comments on mfa is praising him for authoring these guides, and he's drowning in flattery.

it might read as lunacy, but he knew exactly what he was doing.

GN's head DM logged on this morning. will he make an appearance in this thread?

Comment

• danimal
                  • Sep 2008

AMA Request: GarleyCavidson

Comment

• itch-bay
                    • Jun 2012

it just looks like a longer tshirt
                    lmao

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

This really explains everything...

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Icarium
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        When after this he decides to act as some of spokes person and create a guide on how to dress in a way which he has very little personal experience about, is sad and ridicilous.
                        Yeah I think this is the most alarming thing. I've seen this a lot on various gear forums. I used to be really into headphone audio prior and on head-fi you see this all the time.

People who don't know what they are talking about getting deified as authority figures and there's no dislodging them from that position ever again.

There's this guy skylab on there who started buying and reviewing every low cost amp on the market and giving them rankings. Never mind that he was a terrible reviewer with terrible taste and was too nice to criticize anything, but soon by sheer # of reviews and the general reputation that he's heard a lot of things he developed an Apple fanboy style following.

That's when vendors started sending him stuff to review (And hype) and the respect really started pouring in. This guy certainly isn't a terrible human being, by all reports he's incredibly nice, but a bit of a doofus. So I think the respect and the perks of being an insider and getting free stuff encourages him of course to perpetuate the same behavior.

It's a self sustaining cycle that just kept escalating and nowadays there are several Chinese knock off brands that he singlehandedly market makes for.

I guess all in all it doesn't really affect me headphone or clothes, but I do strongly wish authority figures developed that authority from knowing what they were talking about and contributing actual value to the community et large rather than through doofus happenstance and sheer volume of output.

I'm sure I'll die unsatisfied on this front though.

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

bottom line is that anyone who would invest that much time in the execution of a "project" like those guides for no real reason (no $$ or education credits) is,to say the least, a bit "sketchy" (for lack of a better gentle descriptor)

... and
                          Originally posted by old guy
                          I understand the desire for net anonymity but c'mon man pixelate your mug or cut it off, wear glasses & wrap your head in one of your $400 scarves.take shots of your ass if you must........

Comment

• endorphinz
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

tho, my initial rant wasn't directed @ you ,i will await your pictorial appearance in the waywt thread with patience.....and great anticipation

Comment

• Uncontrol
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by JoniF
                              If he was genuinely interested in educating, he would've asked for help from the forum that he is a part of.
                              Yes, I'm sure that would have went over very well here.

Comment

• TheThief
                                • Mar 2011

I'm sorry but if I was an SA in any store and a guy asked me "Does this jacket smell this way because it's made of hemp?", which of course means he was SMELLING the jacket...I'd be a bit freaked out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎