Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ambrosian
    • Dec 2012

i don't think there are any ulterior motives behind the guide. he's just doing something he thought would creatively influence and help his community. i completely respekt () any creative endeavour and, as with all creative endeavours, there are detractors.

that being said, i think he's been blinded by dick, avant garde balaclavas wrapped about his soul patch distorting his vision, corrupted by the unholy triumvirate LET THEIR NAMES BE KNOWN:

rick
    ann
    yamamoto

his fevered mind, twisted and desecrated by their touch, drove him, possessed, to write this guide. however, despite the fact that gothninja is a terrible misnomer, that he actually made a guide on how to dress - as something that doesn't really exist! - and makes quite a few sweeping statements, i don't really mind.

even though many will become disillusioned by goffninjuh in mfa and most won't ever progress and more will give up after only a few attempts, a few will, and investigate further into the wonderful philosophy of aesthetics. and i think that's enough.
    street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• endorphinz
      Banned
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by ambrosian View Post
      i don't think there are any ulterior motives behind the guide.

I never said there were. that's the problem. I would understand the whole thing if there were a real reason behind them other than the sartorial enlightenment of a bunch peeps to gain rep

Comment

• ambrosian
        • Dec 2012

i never said you said there were is it that hard to imagine why someone would do something (perhaps misguidedly) nice for their interweb commune?
        street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

dunno man. that's a lot of work for good karma from a bunch of sartorially challenged peeps. but hey, I didn't do the work so .....maybe I'm just not that benevolent : shrugs

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by copacetic
            i remember when someone had CCP photos he was considering posting, faust said "SZ is the new Wikileaks."

well, it looks like someone decided to leak the leakers.

can't have it both ways, boys.
            I wouldn't say this is really comparable in any way, and for what its worth, we know and work with most of the labels discussed here and have always respected their wishes. what Faust said was obviously tongue-in-cheek, SZ is not about posting material that was obtained in shady ways, revealing things that are intended to be kept private etc.

This was more about respect than anything else, which this guy severely lacked.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Maybe my humor doesn't get across on zeinternet.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pumpfish
                • Sep 2010

Always room for a fashion blogger in the Equadorian embassy.

By coincidence, I read an interview with Viv Westwood where she said she plans to visit Assange. Perhaps she can bring him a boiler suit.
                spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Rosenrot
                  • Aug 2010

Lowrey, all I wanted to say is that I disagree with most of your points. But I do not want to delve further into the matter since it will not change your mind, or the decision you have made.

This entire drama has left a bad taste in my mouth.
                  Originally posted by Patroklus
                  Better too adventurous than not enough
                  everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

I'm completely with Rosenrot on this one. Funny to see people getting offended by his posts. Comparison is too quick, but it reminds me, mutatis mutandis, what happened when the Bible got translated in vulgar langages and printed, and no more hand copied for a controled circulation : the clerics weren't happy at all.
                    Internet is a open ressource. If you don't want your images to be used somewhere else, don't post them here. And internet is not only an open ressource it's also a kind of democratic one, i.e everybody has freely access to it and can do whatever he wants with it - for good or bad (yeah, mostly bad, I know).
                    My main concern is actually not that he took pictures from this site (everybody does it, including SZ, he's right), but that his typology is a complete mess and doesn't make sense at all. That is the problem of the knowledge elaboration in democratic/internet times.
                    But he tried at least to built something, and spend indeed time, even though he failed miserably in my opinion. Exactly like his outfits.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                      its tongue in cheek but he's dead serious at the same time. it is funny and there is a touch of truth in it but i'll be damned if there's not a goth ninja style guide in the sidebar on a subforum of one of the biggest websites in the world. i can't help but get pissed at that.

i hate how it perpetuates the word goth ninja which is the dumbest thing i've ever heard and i hate how it dumbs down personal style into a paint by numbers step by step on how to play dress up for bro's. and i hate how it takes something cool and makes it seem really really silly.

he forgot the first rule of sz club
                      Before this essential point gets lost again amidst the self-righteous Rosenrot rantings.

Either way, it really doesn't matter. Not like people are going to start joining SZ in droves and buying Rick Owens leathers. We are talking about the lowest common denominator dressing here with this guide. It is kind of funny and maybe mildly offensive (not to me) but it's not worth several pages of arguments.

Now someone post some Bernard Willhelm or some shit so we can carry on with our daily entertainment.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheThief
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Now someone post some Bernard Willhelm or some shit so we can carry on with our daily entertainment.
                        How about some Tom Rebl instead?

Like to look like you just took a dump in your pants? Rebls' got you covered

Like socks but dont like it when they cover your feet? Rebls' got you uncovered.

Comment

• Oasis
                          • Apr 2011

Ahhh, back to our regular scheduled program..
                          Originally posted by christianef
                          u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

final point for christian and rosenrot. i'm not saying what he did was wrong, or that he didn't have the right to do it. i'm saying it was uncool. and on this matter, as a participant in the democracy that is the internet, i have seen the facts, and i am voting....no.
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• TheThief
                              • Mar 2011

To prevent cjbreeds post from reanimating an already dead-horse () I present to you some choice selections from the KTZ fw11 collection.

Comment

• Alseal
                                • Dec 2012

Not Sure if anyone seen it yet, but worth posting again for those who haven't.
                                This what happens after you type in Paul Harnden on Yoox

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎