X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

I'd reply but I am buying ccp drips to make a powerful statement about the mistreatment of kangaroos in 1st world countries.

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
      I have a dream that one day we will be judged not for the height of our $1500 high tops but by the content of our fanny packs.
      or just the fanny pack itself

mine was hand stitched by my grandma(+)
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Hipsters went from learning to play instruments and starting brands to blogging about fancy street food. I find this highly symbolic of the current state of culture, where being a consumer is basically enough to build cultural capital and feel fucking special.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

i could live the rest of my days without another mention of a locavore authentic organic indian restaurant. social media will be the ruination of the us, a nation of navel gazers. i stopped even posting waywts as it just feels too self indulgent.

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
            Hipsters went from learning to play instruments and starting brands to blogging about fancy street food. I find this highly symbolic of the current state of culture, where being a consumer is basically enough to build cultural capital and feel fucking special.
            hasn't that always been what people do? its just that now its a lot easier and faster. but also more fleeting. i take it you do not indulge in the instagram

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

frozen moments are boring. more interested in the rocks pelted at people after they wear ro skirts in tulsa or the toilet-clogging dumps after the latest instagrammed meals

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                hasn't that always been what people do? its just that now its a lot easier and faster. but also more fleeting. i take it you do not indulge in the instagram
                I have tumblr, I get fed easily digested pictures and don't make the effort to spend much time chewing, just like everyone else.

I find connoisseurs interesting but that's a devouring passion with an interest in the minutiae, the theory surrounding creation, the influences that direct creation and the material-historical context of creation. That's not what people do here when they're into Rick, in fact you have to be into FASHION (and that's not enough) not Rick to do that. It is worth keeping in mind that:

1) it doesn't make people's outfits good or bad, which is what I care about when Wooster is photographed.
                2) mere surface (tumblr-instagram knowledge) isn't enough. It takes an actual effort to be a connoisseur, an aesthete and buying pricey leathers while feeling part of a subculture doesn't cut it, it just makes me want to smack pretentious kids around. They liked the band before it got big, who cares! In the end just buying a Rick tee because it's nice is enough, far better than acting like being the fashion equivalent of a coffee snob gives you any points.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

i've agreed with every post you made here. in fact, after that last one i had a mike tyson (crushing blow) gif all loaded but refrained from posting, as to not cheapen the moment.

my small point was that i don't think people have changed all that much. its just our tools (means and media) that have improved.

Comment

• fncyths
                    • Apr 2010

frozen moments are boring. more interested in the rocks pelted at people after they wear ro skirts in tulsa or the toilet-clogging dumps after the latest instagrammed meals
                    awesome
                    Originally posted by Shucks
                    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                    Originally posted by interest1
                    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• profondo nero
                      • Aug 2012

No comments yet on NYFW? lol

Comment

• messenoire
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by profondo nero View Post
                        No comments yet on NYFW? lol
                        i am waiting for someone to start a thom browne thread because i am too lazy.

Comment

• Castor
                          • Nov 2009

Wooster generally looks good, I like both looks you guys posted (except the dainty pink belt). He's older, fit with tats and some closely cropped "bear" look and this works super well with Rick (IMHO). He's obviously really into fashion and has been a buyer for years, I don't think he needs to prove he likes and knows about many brands, especially relatively mainstream ones like RO. I find most blogger-fodder to be badly dressed but he stands out. I also like Luciano Barbera, who's been a dandy long enough not to be accused of being blogger-fodder (he's in his 70s I think).
                          I agree, but the belt is day-glo.

Nick is welcome to try any designer he wants. He would look badass with his new hair cut in BBS. Maybe he's finally tired of the Thom Browne/heritage look he's been espousing for like 100 years. It could actually improve American (and Italian and French) fashion to see such a menswear icon wearing something un-dandy.

It's as if the haters came out of the womb wearing Rick. Please.
                          Originally posted by DRRRK
                          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Wooster generally looks good, I like both looks you guys posted (except the dainty pink belt). He's older, fit with tats and some closely cropped "bear" look and this works super well with Rick (IMHO). He's obviously really into fashion and has been a buyer for years, I don't think he needs to prove he likes and knows about many brands, especially relatively mainstream ones like RO. I find most blogger-fodder to be badly dressed but he stands out. I also like Luciano Barbera, who's been a dandy long enough not to be accused of being blogger-fodder (he's in his 70s I think).
                            If you wear a suit with a pocket square and a tie pin on Monday and head to toe RO on Tuesday, you are the very definition of a fashionista.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

So not only is he pulling off the Thom Browne look well but he also looks great in RO? Wow that's such a shame! That's like calling a girl a slut, I mean she gets lots of sex, good for her.

He works in fashion, he's constantly exposed to new looks and ideas related to that, it's great that he picks on them and switches it up from time to time. He's not your accountant, there's nothing freaky or insincere about saying he likes fashion and the idea of exploring new looks and it sure won't freak people around him cause THEY WORK IN FASHION.

If you want to meet people that don't change go to a cemetery.
                              Thom Browne works in fashion and he wears the same thing every day. Rick Owens too.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

totally agree. i am starting to understand the chameleon aesthetic, life can be boring as can a uniform.
                                If you have a core, you are never bored. Perhaps you like drifting like a plastic bag in the wind, or making excuses to yourself for having to wear a suit to work.

Thom Browne told me that he finds people who wear a uniform much more interesting, because you know who you are and have a courage to stick with it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎