Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AngelofDeath
    • Jun 2012

Ah, yes, my favorite animal meme. Well, maybe tied if you count Dolan.

The "planets" and "jam/jelly" ones get me every time.
    I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      well, we already have a series of photos with the Comme des Fuckdown cap...
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jumpoff
        • Jan 2008

So the Jay-Z/Barney's collection dropped.

Crocodile Mollino
        is $58,000.

Seems reasonable.

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
          So the Jay-Z/Barney's collection dropped.

Crocodile Mollino
          is $58,000.

Seems reasonable.
          the entire curated collection belongs here.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

"Due to the exclusivity of these limited edition items, all sales are final. No returns or exchanges"

The most WTF'est part is as 58K jacket, sold online that if it doesnt fit cannot be exchanged or returned
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• noirgt
              • Oct 2012

maybe they know no one will really buy a 58k jacket onilne

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

and that those who would, most likely can afford having a couple of dozen croc pieces hanging in the back of their closets unused: (U)HNWI's.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

LOL, when i was there this summer i saw quite a few guys wearing fake n(9) , so this ain't no shock.

With the Jay Z shit, suprised it aint sold out by all the ballers out there.
                  Even if it goes to 70% off stores will make a killer profit.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                    • Sep 2010

This photo definitely inspires the entire concept of knocking off the artisan and high fashion clothing market. My philosophy has always been to never wear a single article of clothing that has propaganda on it (i.e. the string dangling from BBS jackets is about as far as I go), but soon we'll be seeing those T-Shirts going for like $900 as a walking Rick Owens advertisement, not even designed or distributed by Rick. I just hope this mentality doesn't inspire the Tisci move to tacky, boring clothing after having been a relatively awesome fashion house prior to that. If so, most labels will "sell out" just to keep on trend and make $$$$. It's probably how people feel who were the original lovers of LV bags or something. I mean you see so many knocked off now that I basically just assume every single LV piece I see if fake, even though someone (not sure why) out there probably paid $3k for like 1% of the bags I see. And, if you look at the "legit checks" thread here, you could say the same about Rick Owens. Honestly, when I see someone wearing Rick dunks on the subway, if they are styled like the people in that photo, I immediately think "Those dunks are knock offs". haha I agree on the: It makes me feel like an "elitist cunt" comment, but it is still honestly the first thing I think, knowing how much fake Rick there is out there.

Originally posted by Trouble
                    DO NOT REPOST IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE

Big trend in Korea right now is Team Shirts + American Apparel Striped Socks + Geobaskets

The "SZ" look, (For the lack of a better term) has been dubbed as "Darkwear" and is being treated as just another new trend / bandwagon to jump on. The community there seems to know very little about designers and their work for the most part - which is somewhat understandable as the information and resources available for non - english speakers is quite limited.

As a result of this, perhaps we will see the rise of a deeper niche there who prefer to be "In the know" rather than "In the show" like in the case of Chinese communities.

That also brings up another point - of course there are certain ways individuals feel is the "right" way to wear a certain designer, but does everyone who wears their work need to subscribe to the designer's universe and philosophy? I see Asian people dressed decently in Rick, etc. but upon further conversation it's revealed that they know absolutely nothing about his work and just think it's a new, "edgy" identity / persona to pick up... This to me is inauthentic but ultimately I feel that I am being an elitist cunt when I get upset over other people's interpretations of designers, and I have not been able to come to peace with myself over this.

Any thoughts or input on this would be appreciated, it is something I have been having conflicted thoughts over for a while now.

Comment

• yack
                      • May 2011

The only thing worse than those t-shirts is brand "authenticity".

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

just saw a shitload of t-shirts like that at Selfridges, amidst what seemed to be countless shit-quality brands knocking off Givenchy and their imagery and other garbage that I assume fits in this new "street-goth" style
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

If you seen this one too, could you get me three - in sizes W, T, and F. Thanks!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• morsto
                            • Nov 2008

dumbasses have been wearing them here in cph for a long time, including "Giveashit" in givenchy font.
                            I do not recognise the vessel,
                            but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Speculate all you want on Ms. Demeulemeester's departure.

I say she took one look at this and decided to run for the hills.

Kim Kardashian in Ann dress ● photographed by Karl Lagerfeld ● 'directed' by Ricardo Tisci

October, 2013

sain't

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

no matter what you put that woman in her look will always spell out c-h-e-a-p

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎