X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j100000
    • May 2014

jomama • a day ago
    Yeezy would look good in all these fits. Therefore, this lookbook is a 10/10.

Dillon jomama • 19 hours ago
    Cocksucker

Comment

• apathy!
      • Jan 2014

^ looks like the designer's only exposure to clothing is what he's seen of paparazzi shots of Kanye.

Comment

• Landadel
        Banned
        • Jul 2014

The new and horrible collaboration between Kid Cudi and Giuseppe Zanotti reminds me a lot of my favorite Erwin Wurm piece:

Comment

• 550BC
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by profondo nero View Post

fw14: 'fuccboism'
          The grid layer doesn't even sync with the mountain which makes it very hard to look at and to take it serious from a technical perspective..
          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• 550BC
            • Jan 2013

when you go through the Fear of God comments people actually believe it's original because Kanye is wearing it.

I happen to know Bradley Soileau, who is number 4 on the slide.. He sold his BBS and started wearing FoG, though can't blame him as he and Jerry Lorenzo(the designer) are close friends.
            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• mikko
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
              He sold his BBS and started wearing FoG
              I nominate this for the Best Upgrade of the Year award.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

nice back bone on that guy... i wish i saw his bbs sales thread.

Comment

• BodyDouble
                  • Jan 2014

Sounds like you only know Bradley from his Instagram (where he put his BBS up for sale). Bradley works at 424 on fairfax so if he's wearing FoG or anything designer it's probably just to promote the items in store... I've honestly never seen him wear FoG or any designer shit outside of the store, he's always just wearing vans and cheap jeans/shirts.
                  Last edited by BodyDouble; 08-20-2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• 550BC
                    • Jan 2013

I know Bradley ;)
                    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                      on this roll...
                      here's more what i call "Cali goth" equal parts Lad Musician, Rick Owens, Odyn Vovk and Axl Rose w/ a little hombre in there, just fuckin so not able to rise above it's influences. and if u think this is funny check the prices.

http://hypebeast.com/2014/8/fear-of-...ird-collection
                      I tried to comment but it wasn't approved. I can't believe it, I spoke so highly of both the brand and the readership of Shitbeast.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I am sorry to hear this, lowery!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          I tried to comment but it wasn't approved. I can't believe it, I spoke so highly of both the brand and the readership of Shitbeast.

not every place on the internet is as mellow and uncritical as sz, u know...

Comment

• Blackman
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Aesthetics aside, I find HBA's success weirdly fascinating in terms of the fashion zeitgeist (not be confused with style zeitgeist :-))
                            This, when looking at the brand through it's actual ethos, I find it fascinating, and ironic for the actual consumers of the brand.

There is heavy, urban youth gay references, and obvious fetish influences including latex, leather and bondage.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Blackman View Post
                              This, when looking at the brand through it's actual ethos, I find it fascinating, and ironic for the actual consumers of the brand.

There is heavy, urban youth gay references, and obvious fetish influences including latex, leather and bondage.
                              Yes, not an insignificant amount of the Christopher St. pier denizens in there.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                                Is some of the backlash against HBA in places like this, then, similar in motivation to the backlash against some Rick stuff? I mean: is it like that (tacitly) homophobic outrage at Rick's more queer ventures which the fans of his leather jackets and sneakers don't find themselves comfortable with?

Or is HBA itself just another appropriation of gay culture from outside--hip-hop inspired fashion stealing the same things rock and metal fashion have been stealing for decades?

I ask with genuine curiosity, I don't wear HBA-style clothing, nor would I, but I don't have any great hatred for it--it's just a bunch of stuff that happens. Don't get the love, don't get the hate.
                                Hell no, at least for me. If Rick lacked the queer in his design, I wouldn't have bought into it so strongly. And I'm guesing the same rings true for a lot of the other Rick enthusiasts. I don't think the RO label would be what it is without that element. Within SZ, I can only think the backlash is overexposure along with where the label is headed.

HBA is just gaudy and gauche in all the wrong ways to me. I'm just not the target audience. I tend not to hate on tastes different from my own, I can respect it, but if I ever do express it, that's why.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎