• Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by PoorHarnden View Post
    ZARA hired someone who loved SZ
    I want a finder's fee.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• j100000
      • May 2014

Comment

• smashwindow
        • Aug 2012

leopol

Leopold Bossert stuff is very well made, he uses the same fabrics as CCP and if you know where to get it you can get every piece custom made with your choice of construction fabric etc

Originally posted by doldrums View Post

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by smashwindow View Post
          he uses the same fabrics as CCP
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• newp
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by smashwindow View Post
            Leopold Bossert stuff is very well made, he uses the same fabrics as CCP and if you know where to get it you can get every piece custom made with your choice of construction fabric etc
            Not only fabric, but he uses Poell's design as well, so you can have a design made by Poell and fabric chosen by Poell with a Leopold Bossert's label slapped on top of it for less! Isn't it exciting?

Comment

• volta
              • May 2009

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
              this is amazing.

and by amazing i mean really, really sad.
              Last edited by volta; 08-06-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

any harnden interns starting up a label so i can get a jacket on the cheap?

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

What is Leopold IS Carol just playing a trick on us??

Originally posted by newp View Post
                  Not only fabric, but he uses Poell's design as well, so you can have a design made by Poell and fabric chosen by Poell with a Leopold Bossert's label slapped on top of it for less! Isn't it exciting?
                  music

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                    What is Leopold IS Carol just playing a trick on us??
                    Best outcome ever possible.
                    Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                      Does Elena Dawson fill that for you? Though I think she was more like the co-founder. Faust also mentioned a fake Harnden in Japan (I think) that was like 1k less. So hey! Only 1k for a fake Harnden! Sorta like L.B. is to Poell.

Comment

• nicelynice
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                        Reinhard Plank's brother has a label for you:

(edit: still 2/3 of what PH retails, however.. some of the fabrics are a bit nicer, though)
                        Last edited by nicelynice; 08-07-2014, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• yack
                          • May 2011

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                          Reinhard Plank's brother has a label for you:

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=be...w=1618&bih=965
                          Seems like there might be brilliant looking stuff. I wonder though how he can set himself apart from the rest, as all that's been really over-saturated. I'm sure I'm not the only one that hasn't stopped to notice because it lacks the story other brands have to grab our attention.

Japan of course seems to take to this sort of thing very well, and feature lots of brands that lack any sort of visual story... Both the shops and the media. Maybe there's just something being communicated culturally I'm totally missing out on. I'm not sure which lifestyle it exactly appeals to. Perhaps "eco", "pleasant". The imagery is extremely passive, but that could be his wish to remain low profile and avoid hype. Hype will get you rich but the backlash might not be worth it.

In this little "Harndenesque" niche I think someone like Geoffrey B Smalls is a true artist. The anti-nuke thing and the OWS thing is brilliant. You can count on him not to take the devil's bargain. If anyone's even been dumb enough to offer..

I don't know where it started but there seems to be a ridiculous idea of Harnden as avant garde, perhaps to indicate it as a niche or in "opposition" to other clothing, or it was there because of Rei Kawakubo's associations. The label doesnt do justice to that particular type of clothing. Although his presentation does includes video art and such and such describing it as simply modern does a much better job.

"Avant garde" is a fucking bogeyman or red flag nowadays, like postmodernism or hipster. But you can get away with modern! You can call anything "very modern" "oh this dress is very modern". But something like an Issey Miyake dress is so fantastical they're still "avant garde" looking. Avant garde seems to indicate a certain fashion moment or is used as a substitute for "experimental". 80s Yohji (back when postmodernism and avant garde were more in fashion)? Yes, yes, avant garde. Yohji now? Adidas is not avant garde.

I just hope we don't get "grannycore" from journalists next.

In all seriousness, I think this old granny has more sex appeal than most women 1/4 of her age (I hope that number doesnt come out to little children, I simply cant be bothered to do math at all). I'm getting some Louise Bourgeois vibes. Really something you could wear whether you're 24 or 99 (but yea blah blah weve all heard that one before).
                          Last edited by yack; 08-07-2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• LelandJ
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by yack View Post

I don't know where it started but there seems to be a ridiculous idea of Harnden as avant garde, perhaps to indicate it as a niche or in "opposition" to other clothing, or it was there because of Rei Kawakubo's associations. The label doesnt do justice to that particular type of clothing. Although his presentation does includes video art and such and such describing it as simply modern does a much better job.

"Avant garde" is a fucking bogeyman or red flag nowadays, like postmodernism or hipster. But you can get away with modern! You can call anything "very modern" "oh this dress is very modern".
                            I usually associate modern with post-war period while Harnden and GBS are mostly 19th century, pre-war(pre-modern).

Comment

• unwashed
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by volta View Post
                              this is amazing.

and by amazing i mean really, really sad.
                              I like how it's paired with those derbies to complete "the look"
                              Grailed link

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

Wow, copy/past HBA design -->find/replace text "HBA" with "" --> insert label 11byBBS

Doesn't Boris himself checks how his diffusion is doing?

More comedy here
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎