Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BodyDouble
    • Jan 2014

I have to say, I've been skating for about 20 years and the first time I'd ever heard about people wearing shoelaces as belts was around the Dior Homme Hedi / Indie band era, and I was a sponsored skater in the 90's into the early aughts, with parts in tons of skating videos including Toy Machine's Welcome To Hell and World Industries Trilogy. I only mention that last part because I've encountered lots and lots of skaters over the years on a fan, amateur and a pro level. Anyway, just my own personal viewpoint. Maybe it's an east coast or european skater thing.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mikko View Post
      Lol, WTF has always had a strong grasp with the Helsinki scene. Just browse the Hel Looks blog for more WTFisms here.
      The Helsinki WTF crown was taken today by a girl in what looked like a fake HBA hoodie. The world is no longer safe for children
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
        What's Bergfabel mean? I assume it's something in whatever language associated with the ethnicity of the Plank family.

This the brand Faust was referring to?
        That's the one.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
          shoelaces as belts is actually quite comfortable and easy from a skater perspective. I like it.

the different laces is just :/ ... same as these shoes last World Cup.
          Apparently the different colors help confuse the defender? I think I've read something along those lines.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kanne
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
            What's Bergfabel mean? I assume it's something in whatever language associated with the ethnicity of the Plank family.
            it's german. berg = mountain, fabel = fable/tale. they're austrian i think.

seems like a kitschy version of harnden...

Comment

• mikko
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              The Helsinki WTF crown was taken today by a girl in what looked like a fake HBA hoodie. The world is no longer safe for children
              Oh you're still here? Seems we saved the best weather for you.

Comment

• LelandJ
                Banned
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by kanne View Post

I would've snapped up a Bergfabel long blazer but the quarters aren't rounded like Harnden's.

Wish they'd just imitate everything including leather back buttons.

Comment

• woof
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                  Jesus that guy is so full of shit.
                  umm you're reading a lot into his character from one translated interview

and everyone seems to be doing their version of a harnden jacket nowadays. this guy is offering comparable/better quality than harnden at half prices. ph ripoff for half price or ccp ripoff for 130% price? take your pick.

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by woof View Post
                    ...ph ripoff for half price or ccp ripoff for 130% price? take your pick.
                    was that a dig at bbs
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kanne
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by LelandJ View Post
                      I would've snapped up a Bergfabel long blazer but the quarters aren't rounded like Harnden's.

Wish they'd just imitate everything including leather back buttons.
                      this post is a WTF in itself...

and everyone seems to be doing their version of a harnden jacket nowadays. this guy is offering comparable/better quality than harnden at half prices. ph ripoff for half price or ccp ripoff for 130% price? take your pick.
                      how about avoiding knockoffs altogether? i don't care whether it's all saints or some guy in the mountains...

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

If you're still in Helsinki, please tell M that M says hello.
                        sain't

Comment

• LelandJ
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2014

this post is a WTF in itself...

how about avoiding knockoffs altogether? i don't care whether it's all saints or some guy in the mountains...
                          When the "original" is priced exorbitantly, there should be "knockoffs." And as been mentioned countless times Harden didn't create historical clothing, he only recreated (copied) them.

I see no legal nor ethical copyright issues with recreating high quality clothing.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                            was that a dig at bbs
                            I prefer believing it is a dig at A1923.

Originally posted by LelandJ View Post
                            When the "original" is priced exorbitantly, there should be "knockoffs." And as been mentioned countless times Harden didn't create historical clothing, he only recreated (copied) them.

I see no legal nor ethical copyright issues with recreating high quality clothing.
                            To be fair, Harnden's history is kind of fake. You can't really identify his work as 1120s
                            British serfs, or whatever. He sort of took a period of time and mashed a bunch of European peasant/not upper class styles together. Otherwise Harnden would be doing little more than creating $2000 cosplay.

Thanks. Took German classes and didn't recognize that.

I must say though, if the quality (materials? Construction? ) is better than Harnden, perhaps it warrants a look. Not exactly a "Fabrixquare copies Rick Owens" cut and dry model.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

umm you're reading a lot into his character from one translated interview

He's not doing a version of a jacket, he's ripping off the entire line wholesale.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

this poster is a WTF in itself...
                                fixed

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎