Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Not really that wtf, it was part of an anniversary collab that involved several designers including our beloved Rei's contribution:

bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by byhand View Post
      That's not a proposal. That is an actual item gone through the rigors of production with meetings about material selection and hardware development and sand selection, and it's not an item that sees the spotlight on the runway and gets a bit of press for the company even though it may never be considered for production in any real way. It is a quintessential WTF, especially considering that is produced by a public company with shareholders to appease.

I see a trend that is becoming more flagrant among long-established luxury brands to produce items that not long ago would be considered absurd, items that exist outside what would ordinarily be considered within the purview of luxury. A quick example other than the above that pops into my head is Karl's recent 20K shopping basket.

This all goes hand in hand with the shrinking middle class and the growing affluent and poor classes, and also the need for a public company to expand its market and to always be growing. Maybe as the once middle class or poor become rich they take their previous activities with them on that journey, such as grocery shopping and boxing. They also used to clean their toilets, so maybe next is a LV toilet brush?
      Dude, what are you smoking? In the past month you sound like some troll has hijacked your account. This is clearly just a marketing gesture, not meant for sale. This "becoming trend" has been happening already for over a decade. But those Chanel tennis rockets and Prada tool kits were never seriously meant to be for sale but for branding purposes, something to be put into magazines for people to love/hate - either keeps the brand implanted in their mind.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Dude, what are you smoking? In the past month you sound like some troll has hijacked your account. This is clearly just a marketing gesture, not meant for sale. This "becoming trend" has been happening already for over a decade. But those Chanel tennis rockets and Prada tool kits were never seriously meant to be for sale but for branding purposes, something to be put into magazines for people to love/hate - either keeps the brand implanted in their mind.

Bingo. And thank you.

The last thing I wanted to do with my time was drag the kid through Marketing 101, lol, so your chiming in with a tidy lesson is much appreciated – and you achieved it in at least 3 fewer paragraphs than I could ever manage.
        sain't

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Chanel tennis rockets
          i want one

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

I actually love this, I think it's such a ballsy f*ck off to put holes in the LV bag like this for Rei's collab. Plus, it's still practical, it has a liner!

However, my friend who is an actual LV lover, is not such a fan.

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
            Not really that wtf, it was part of an anniversary collab that involved several designers including our beloved Rei's contribution:

music

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

Oh I´d love to get some Chanel tennis rackets (and balls), dress up like this and have a wonderful cocky afternoon at the local tennis courts:

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

It is the basic principle for any luxury house,

The catwalk shows are more or less, publicity these days, the clothes are the minority in terms of sales when compared to the accessories, bags, perfumes, sunglasses, sneakers and whatever else you find in duty free.

Im surprised this is even being brought up here.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  i want one
                  was typing hastily. Those rockets are a racket!
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zen dog
                    • Jan 2014

Faust, you should be happy. Do you know how much you've contributed to the insecurity of rich kids who now think they on on the "outside" because nobody will sell them a Chanel rocket.

Another plus side: no need to start "My Chanel Rocket Addiction" thread.

Comment

• gregor
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by casem View Post
                      I actually love this, I think it's such a ballsy f*ck off to put holes in the LV bag like this for Rei's collab. Plus, it's still practical, it has a liner!

However, my friend who is an actual LV lover, is not such a fan.
                      I don't know the "ballsy as f*ck" is the terminology I'd use, but I definitely liked it the most of the take-on-the-monogram works. I mean, it's somewhat along the lines of what I would've expected from Rei, honestly, and aptly reserved in the name of the collaboration. It's my favourite homage to the monogram, but I can see why most classic-LV lovers wouldn't like it; Rei and her work seems somewhat anathema to most of the hallmarks associated with Louis.

Lagerfeld on the other hand is more what I'd class as "ballsy as f*ck".

Can I also say that Rei's bag kind of reminds me of a ski mask?

Comment

• zen dog
                        • Jan 2014

Regarding the LV bag and holes. Great and clever- not just holes but a mask, I'm getting a Mexican wrestler mask vibe. I think they did a great job in making the mask a slower read rather than doing it in an over the top (and to me kinda creepy) manner.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                          • Sep 2010

Youngest killer ever? What a weird headline......I don't even know how a 2 year old could get the safety off and do this.

A mother, 29, was killed in an Idaho Walmart when her 2-year-old son in the shopping cart grabbed a gun from her purse and accidentally shot her.
                          Last edited by darkbydesign; 12-31-2014, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Maybe the safety was off. What a note to end the year on.

What is that the gun nuts say, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."? Ok, then.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deltapie
                              • Feb 2014

that kid's gonna have a lot of prison tats compared to all of the other first graders.
                              "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• ian+
                                • Dec 2011

So in USA you go shopping carrying your guns in your purses? Nice.
                                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎