X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Defender
    Banned
    • Jan 2015

I think the dude we are all talking about is going "hard in the paint" on the all Rick look, and I'm jealous of those pieces and envious of his audacity to wear them like that. I think that it's extravagent and outlandish in the way Rick is supposed to be, and I like seeing people wearing the wide leg boots, the striped big shorts, and the visor instead of the safer pieces that I admit I collect because I don't have the stones for outfits like that, yet.

Furthermore, I don't think its appropriate to WTF someone who is making those choices and taking those risks with an elite designer's pieces in that way - nor do I think it would have been posted to WTF if the guy was not overweight.

Overall, the WTF moment for me is all the childish posts and negativity on a website dedicated to sharing thoughts and inspiration about an art form we all purport to appreciate.

Comment

• gregor
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
      For the record I don't think their outfits look 'horrendous". Not my taste but mainly the All Leather Daddy just looks like a futuristic dominator, and the whole "all out there PFW" makes him look a little tubby.

Also this is WTF. $400 for the Rick book? http://www.grailed.com/listings/63461
      i'm more than positive you can buy that book at walmart.

i suppose it's hoping to prey on someone's ignorance and deep pockets?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I'm just going to delete this entire page of bullshit.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

Seriously Mike, do that.
          Last edited by Peasant; 02-16-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I already did, what you see is the "better" half of the discussion
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

My career is realistic and stressful enough. Making fun of fat people is definitely lame and ignorant, but this thread is based on negativity. Essentially the hate thread. The happiness thread cannot be found on this site.
              Last edited by Peasant; 02-16-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

That sounds good. I guess I should have just written everyone chill the fuck out and been done with it. In general you're a favorite poster of mine. But highlighting three sentences of several paragraphs is the equivalent of a political smear campaign.

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

Ha, yeah sorry. I should heed own advice and chill / butt out. Fist bump for sure. Sorry if I came across as a dick.

Comment

• justin_bridou
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                    why not just be a bit more gentle
                    lol ... I'm reading the forum for a while and to me M. Shucks, you are certainly in the top 5 of the most arrogant, rude, ill-mannered, you know the kind of guy "I know everything on everything and better than everyone". So reading you asking someone else to be "more gentle" is a bit ridiculous.
                    (and feel free to go ahead M. Shucks, give all that you have to destroy the poor 1-post noob I am, it is the least you can do...)

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by justin_bridou View Post
                      "I know everything about everything and better than everyone".
                      ftfy.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Can I just delete the fit and all that came after? It's just one big hate compilation :-)
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• guardimp
                          • Jun 2010

It is a pretty wtf outfit though.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                            • Oct 2014

I don't understand. Last time I checked bronze doesn't have that much intrinsic value, especially when it looks like a pot I could find at Goodwill. I wish I knew more about his pricing for housewares...

Comment

• zen dog
                              • Jan 2014

^ Well, it is good you said you wish you knew about his pricing for housewares. You aren't paying a markup above scrap- you are paying for a name/reputation, design and craftsmanship. I haven't seen one of these in person but from the pitting I'm thinking some kind of casting that requires some hand work and then grinding, finishing beyond that. There is alot of attention to surface here.

I'm not going to call this derivative- don't know his sources, but you can look at Teco Pottery and Frank Lloyd Wright's ceramic,cement/bronze work to see similar buttressed vases. They all could have been looking further back. (Sorry, I start dropping off in the 19th century.) I'm serious about not calling this derivative- RO has enough solid design work for me to feel he has his own esthetic.
                              I am going to say this response is totally friendly, so here's some of these:

ed.-I looked for some images and they were links within links (its probably me but I'm hating Firefox right now) Just search Teco Pottery vases and FLW vases. Having done that, I'm slightly uncomfortable with the amount of derivation.
                              Last edited by zen dog; 02-24-2015, 07:23 PM. Reason: attempted links

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

I'm sure that will last a lot longer than any of his pieces costing twice as much. How much intrinsic value does wool or cotton have, after all?
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎