Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k3mist
    • Apr 2013

never mind wool or cotton, even diamonds don't have intrinsic value. the value is in what we think the value is. i wouldn't buy that rick pot but I'm sure someone will..clearly he did

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Plus it´s real heavy – you could easily kill a burglar with one precise hit. So it´s kinda like a weapon and weapons are expensive.
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
        I don't understand. Last time I checked bronze doesn't have that much intrinsic value, especially when it looks like a pot I could find at Goodwill. I wish I knew more about his pricing for housewares...
        What k3mist and Dudley said. Your logic makes as much sense as asking why pay $200 for a cotton t-shirt or $1500 for leather shoes when you can find them for $10 and $25 at goodwill or a walmart?

This is an art object, your not paying for the material. Abd by the way, the vases and other objects are quite striking and beautiful imo, these photos are terrible and make it look like cheap plastic.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
          • Oct 2014

I never thought of the additional craftsmanshp beyond just cast that would go into it. I've seen these and similar objects at various Rick stores, but they never had a price tag attached, so I was curious.
          But I honestly didn't think material alone would make up the cost bowl. It affects it slightly I'm sure, but it's the same as when someone buys a piece off Herman Miller made of plastic for $2000.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

seems like it's time for faust's oscar wilde quote, yet again.....

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            What's a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
            and really, if u think artisanal casting of small series of bronze items and mass production injection molding of plastic chairs are "the same", i really think you might be a lost case...

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post

and really, if u think artisanal casting of small series of bronze items and mass production injection molding of plastic chairs are "the same", i really think you might be a lost case...
              No i do not think they are the same. That was more in regards to material. And fuck if I know they are a small run. Hence why I wanted to know more about his housewares. I've never seen them for sale so I thought it was confusing! Ah.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Well Herman Miller has a proven history of great object designs while I don't think we can say Rick does. However a friend of mine works for the household/furniture items and says he is impressed by the attention given to production and materials.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

sure. i was not commenting on the relative merits of the actual designs in any way - just on the difference between an artisanal process (such as lost wax casting of bronzes and whatnot) and an industrialized one (like injection molding). i'm a bit of a modernist myself and obviously am not against mass produced stuff per se, but i don't want to end up trying to argue against the failure of modernism here - i'm not bookish enough to do well at that. suffice it to say i hesitantly oscillate between the love of indulgent, personal, craft, and the love of rational, standardized and affordable solutions (preferably in concrete) to wider social issues.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

sure. i was not commenting on the relative merits of the actual designs in any way - just on the difference between an artisanal process (such as lost wax casting of bronzes and whatnot) and an industrialized one (like injection molding). i'm a bit of a modernist myself and obviously am not against mass produced stuff per se, but i don't want to end up trying to argue against the failure of modernism here - i'm not bookish enough to do well at that. suffice it to say i hesitantly oscillate between the love of indulgent, personal, craft, and the love of rational, standardized and affordable solutions (preferably in concrete) to wider social issues.
                    My personal deco style is also an oscillating mix of the two. Antique wood chest but tolix chairs etc

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

tolix is great but i guess the happy medium between the two opposites is a home filled with prouvé furniture... before i die i shall have it so...

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

When 50 shades of grey isn't enough

Comment

• bukka
                          • Sep 2011

^link please
                          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• guardimp
                            • Jun 2010

When Donny lands a job at Jurassic Law, the world’s leading T-rex law firm, he’s absolutely thrilled. Unfortunately, after just one day it quickly becomes clear that Donny’s new position entails more than just legal work.

Soon Donny makes the deal of a lifetime and finds himself contractually bound into a gay T-rex gangbang that gives new meaning to the term, “dinosaur bones.”

This erotic tale is 3,700 words of sizzling human on gay dinosaur action, including anal, blowjobs, rough sex, double penetration, gangbangs and t-rex lawyer love.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                              • Aug 2014

He has more actually and people have bought them. I'm not surprised but still.

Space Raptor Butt Invasion

Pounded by the Gay Unicorn Football Squad

I'm Gay for my Living Billionaire Jet Plane

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                                He has more actually and people have bought them. I'm not surprised but still.
                                "Erotic literature" is a big market, here's a recent article about a woman who generally turns over $10,000,000 a year doing it, and how Amazon's self-publishing service is horning in on her market, such as the book we see above.

“I was like, Either I’m a sexual deviant, which is always a possibility, or they’re wrong,” says Engler of publishers’ reluctance to print raunchy material. She sips from a can of Grapeade. “Turned out they were wrong.”
                                I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎