X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-...nrio-10098282/

Another fun Yohji collaboration! Not sure if this is WTF but might be cool for the kids!
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
      • Jan 2007

Speaking of weird Yohji collaborations, can anyone explain to me what Ground Y is? Is it an actual subsidiary? Some weird leftover of an old licensing agreement? Surely it has nothing to do with Yohji himself.
      Originally posted by jogu
      i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Ulf
        • Apr 2014

Comment

• Rei
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by eleves View Post
          http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-...nrio-10098282/

Another fun Yohji collaboration! Not sure if this is WTF but might be cool for the kids!
          That just made my day.

Forget the kids, gotta kop me some YohjixHello Kitty.

Comment

• guardimp
            • Jun 2010

It's too bad it seems like hello kitty will get worse treatment then evangelion, the eva x yohji was pretty awesome!

Comment

• Faye
              • Apr 2009

not sure where else to put this than in the wtf-thread..
              It's not the first time that BBS items appear at ridiculously low prices on rakuten (always sold out in the instant they appear, so don't even put any hope in getting a chance to buy), but this time it's just mysterious:

not only they seem to be from AW15, but pricing is ridiculous as well.
              Are these some kind of incentives for showroom visitors? or for what other reason do they appear in such a way at a consignment store over in Japan?!

Comment

• 550BC
                • Jan 2013

99% sure that they're fake. As far as I know Boris doesn't hands out free samples to freelancers at his showroom anymore. Besides this the BBS replica market in Asia is growing quite fast.. and the pricing is ridiculous for those boots on that website.

*edit: when I saw the boots in person in January, they were standing strong and stiff and not sloppy like the photo's..
                Last edited by 550BC; 03-21-2015, 08:06 AM.
                a fish out of water dies

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Ulf View Post
                  ok but that doesn't fully answer the question. select shop is a really vague term, and can be used to describe things that would have a range of different names in the west. who runs creative at ground y, and does yohji yamamoto (the company) have any say in the decisions? where does the money come from? who owns the company? is it a subsidiary of yy? or owned by the same holdings group as yy but only connected to yy in that they do business with each other?

my feeling is that while they stock mostly yohji, they are a separate entity and their store-brand collaborations have nothing to do with yohji, which is made more misleading by the "y" in the store name.
                  Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Faye
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                    99% sure that they're fake. As far as I know Boris doesn't hands out free samples to freelancers at his showroom anymore. Besides this the BBS replica market in Asia is growing quite fast.. and the pricing is ridiculous for those boots on that website.
                    I already considered that thought, but quickly abandoned it, as I always had high confidence in the rakuten sellers, and because those 2 items don't look fake at all on the first sight (to me at least).
                    anyway, if there's someone trained to spot BBS fakes, that is you! I'll gladly accept your explanation, as it seems the only thing that would make sense. nevertheless, BBS fakes are still a big question mark to me, as to my understanding classic fake goods are "supposed" to be produced in somewhat larger quantities. As for the BBS fakes on the other side, I never saw more than only 1 copy for sale anywhere... I can't think of a reason, why anyone would put so much effort into faking a designer item for just 1 copy.

Comment

• 550BC
                      • Jan 2013

They don't look fake at all!maybe the construction of the boots a bit, I can't remember how the bag looked at the showroom or which one it's supposed to be. They're probably the best fakes I've seen so far.
                      The pricing makes this a bit doubtful, because they're being sold below wholesale and production costs so it would make no sense..
                      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Ulf
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                        ok but that doesn't fully answer the question. select shop is a really vague term, and can be used to describe things that would have a range of different names in the west. who runs creative at ground y, and does yohji yamamoto (the company) have any say in the decisions? where does the money come from? who owns the company? is it a subsidiary of yy? or owned by the same holdings group as yy but only connected to yy in that they do business with each other?

my feeling is that while they stock mostly yohji, they are a separate entity and their store-brand collaborations have nothing to do with yohji, which is made more misleading by the "y" in the store name.
                        デザイナー山本耀司によるブランド、Yohji Yamamoto(ヨウジヤマモト)オフィシャルサイト。コレクション情報や店舗情報など。

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

They don't look fake at all!maybe the construction of the boots a bit, I can't remember how the bag looked at the showroom or which one it's supposed to be. They're probably the best fakes I've seen so far.
                          The pricing makes this a bit doubtful, because they're being sold below wholesale and production costs so it would make no sense..
                          Despite the fact the boot page is wrong, perhaps it has to do with the fact that they're used? Dunno how used the boots are, but apparently the bag is a couple grades down from "new" so it being worn might be reason for it to be lower cost?

Comment

• guardimp
                            • Jun 2010

An "a" means that it is used but with no visible damage. Like new for all intents and purposes, even stuff that is barely visible gets a "b" or "c". Sometimes stuff on rakuten is just priced super cheap.
                            Last edited by guardimp; 03-21-2015, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• daou0782
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
                              That CCP/BBS #OOTD is pretty similar to how 90% of the nouveau-riche Chinese dressed in Boston. CCP with HBA and MCM. $$$
                              Where are they?

Comment

• mikko
                                • Apr 2013

The tag has the showroom sticker (with the bottom where the wholesale price is stated is cut off), so would someone put that much effort into faking one bag? I'm leaning to more the stolen from showroom or something... http://instagram.com/p/0hBkZSPh5w/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎