Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikko
    • Apr 2013

And from a quantity perspective I think thefinalcody has had the most amount of whack ootd pics in recent times.

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by mikko View Post
      I make an effort to follow all the nouveau riche dudes on Instagram. Even though a lot of times there are garish pairings they don't take it so seriously which can be refreshing from time to time.
      Can you post some links? It's for research.
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• guardimp
        • Jun 2010

Comment

• 550BC
          • Jan 2013

Here ccp with kanye's yeezy boost
          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• mgala
            • Sep 2014

Oh no, here comes the waterworks

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mikko View Post
              I make an effort to follow all the nouveau riche dudes on Instagram. Even though a lot of times there are garish pairings they don't take it so seriously which can be refreshing from time to time.
              Don't you have a kid? Nothing better to do with your time?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• YoungM
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
                "Good luck" or not, that styling is gauche. Maybe he's trolling or this is just a bad joke? Actually I'm not so sure anymore, because in the past 2 years or so I've seen some absolutely cringeworthy attempts at styling CCP clothing and footwear.

I find it best to stay away from searching the hashtags of designer names on Instagram...the horror...

mgala - are people are doing that for real? or is this just a joke?
                I'm sure you're just a bundle of fun to hang out with.

It's instagram, for Christssakes. Dudes having fun with his shit - given the cash, I'd probably buy plenty of obnoxiously colored CCP. If you guys want to maintain your arbitrary, unevenly enforced "high standards" on the site itself, go ahead. But lashing out at other people like this is pathetic. And all done so painfully earnestly, like CCP is a virgin whose honor is at stake.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by YoungM View Post

It's instagram, for Christssakes. Dudes having fun with his shit - given the cash, I'd probably buy plenty of obnoxiously colored CCP. If you guys want to maintain your arbitrary, unevenly enforced "high standards" on the site itself, go ahead. But lashing out at other people like this is pathetic. And all done so painfully earnestly, like CCP is a virgin whose honor is at stake.
                  Have you never had anything matter to you? I'd prefer honest anger over seemingly trivial bullshit to whatever spineless alternative any day.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                    Here ccp with kanye's yeezy boost
                    Avant-garde

Comment

• GucciAmen
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                      He transcends Avant-garde
                      Fixed.

In regards to the instagram "madness", I think perhaps the issue people find with the-by SZ standards-odd pairings of CCP with Yeezy's/Balmain et al. lies in the fact that Carol's collections are lauded for the complexity that lies within his work (among a number of other things, like the artistic banks the label draws from--like Egon Schiele paintings or Viennese Actionism). Particularly, the contrast that I see is how CCP's pieces, which are designed as "independent beings" in their own sense--and taciturn ones at that(come in bodybags, arthrosic implants), seem to be trivialized when paired with more "gaudy" pieces-like the Yeezy's-which are seen to be more ostentatious on this forum than anything else.
                      Last edited by GucciAmen; 03-18-2015, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• YoungM
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                        Have you never had anything matter to you? I'd prefer honest anger over seemingly trivial bullshit to whatever spineless alternative any day.
                        Spineless alternative like not getting angry about trivial bullshit? How is that spineless?

I saved money serving breakfast food to middle America to buy CCP drips so I could wear them around suburban Texas. It matters to me. But there are ways to defend that importance without resorting to lazy elitism. Not only that, but with some discernment, you can decide which battles are really worth fighting. No one is arguing that there is no artistry in CCP, or that the whole aesthetic is hackneyed or pretentious. It's just a dude taking a picture in some new clothes, which he may very well have found funny.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

Just being true to your feelings. Sometimes trivial bullshit is upsetting no matter how you rationalize it. I don't pick battles, personally. I just feel compelled to fight or not, don't care about significance or if they're winnable. I don't care about CCP but if someone wanted to hate on some bad purchases/fits by someone who doesn't "get it" or maybe dilutes the design/vision, well I can relate enough with other things to understand.
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by YoungM View Post

Actually, Kev is great to hang out with! You though - sounds personal. You wouldn't happen to be the gent in the picture engaging in mindless consumerism that you so champion?
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                              • Oct 2014

Given all the money I'd buy a shitload of colorful silk outfits from Haider and just get boners all day in SoHo... but to each his own.

Comment

• mikko
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Don't you have a kid? Nothing better to do with your time?
                                Ha! Two actually. Need to have something to kill time on the bus to work when I get bored with Best Fiends...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎