• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
    How would attending confirm whether or not he likes doing it?
    Mmm, you can see who else attends the shows? Last time I checked I did not see ASAP Rocky there, like I did at Rick Owens, for example. Nor do any of the major fashion media outlets review it. It's a small production and feels like a group of friends and fans getting together.

Not defending 11, by the way I can live without it. Though the next season did look promising and I have seen some gems here and there.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 550BC
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by newp View Post
      If you didn't get the message it's I've never encountered a diffusion line with aesthetics that much different from the first line and clearly targeting so distant target group of customers as 11byBBS is to BBS. Did you?
      how come it's so different? philosophy wise it goes hand in hand really..
      Mainline is for a part influenced by street / hiphop culture.
      Diffusion line focusses on street culture, urban lifestyle and extreme sports. Remember, Boris listens to hiphop music(Mobb Deep, J Dilla, Wu-Tang etc.) and is a skateboarder. He doesn't like a fancy famous lifestyle, you will know this by seeing his atelier in the beginning of this Persian documentary.

He has a target group which is similar to his mainline hence he even combined showing both lines during FW13-14. Like Faust mentioned earlier he can't control who buys it. 11 became ''hip'' so shitty musicians and teens buy it. If things get too much out of context its WTF for me
      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• newp
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
        I've never thought of his first line as influenced by street culture or hiphop culture. Even directly told about it I am unable to see any hiphop vibes.
        Let's call it my ignorance then.

Comment

• GucciAmen
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
          Diffusion line focusses on street culture, urban lifestyle and extreme sports. Remember, Boris listens to hiphop music(Mobb Deep, J Dilla, Wu-Tang etc.) and is a skateboarder. He doesn't like a fancy famous lifestyle, you will know this by seeing his atelier in the beginning of this Persian documentary.
          Exactly.

I highly recommend the documentary that 550BC linked, even for those who don't consider BBS their cup of tea; it will put to rest any qualms regarding the designer's values.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I've never thought of his first line as influenced by street culture or hiphop culture. Even directly told about it I am unable to see any hiphop vibes.
            Let's call it my ignorance then.
            Long tees, slightly dropped crotch on all the pants, high-tops. You are blind. Willfully blind, at this point.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
              • May 2014

If you didn't get the message it's I've never encountered a diffusion line with aesthetics that much different from the first line and clearly targeting so distant target group of customers as 11byBBS is to BBS. Did you?
              Look at damir and silent now...Where there was once some similarities to be had, the lines seem to target incredibly different people. Silent is also a much tamer version of it's previous self...
              BBS and 11 still draw upon the same streetwear themes.

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
                Look at damir and silent now....
                who wants to look at those really ?
                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• stagename
                  • Oct 2011

I'm not sure if it's been posted. I'm afraid to see if there's anything more expensive on Rick's website. Featured: Rick Owens Hun SS15 Sleeveless hoodie jacket in natural sable fur for the modest price of 163 184$.

Since Rick sales has started you can get 30%, saving the modest sum of 48 000$.

Comment

• yay
                    • Sep 2014

damn and i thought the lamy/rodkin jewellry was expensive!

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Rats, wrong size.
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• xeraphim
                        • Nov 2008

^ "THIS PRODUCT CAN BE CUSTOM MADE."

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

I've been wearing my Geobaskets with black socks ever since I got them and I wasn't surprised when I discovered that some dye had rubbed off onto my colored socks after a long day of walking through the city. But has anyone experienced this: my Geos colored two of my toes and toenails black. My feet look like I've climbed to the top of the Himalayas. Wtf
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• unwashed
                            • Dec 2008

No coloration with my geo's so far.
                            I ended up with entirely black feet after a long day of citytripping in Barcelona in the rain with CCP derbies. Blisters and black dye everywere.
                            Grailed link

Comment

• UnderDictation
                              • Jun 2014

I've had a fair bit of dye transfer with my Geos.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                                I've been wearing my Geobaskets with black socks ever since I got them and I wasn't surprised when I discovered that some dye had rubbed off onto my colored socks after a long day of walking through the city. But has anyone experienced this: my Geos colored two of my toes and toenails black. My feet look like I've climbed to the top of the Himalayas. Wtf
                                forget the geos. this is what u need to fix first.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎