X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

What can we do about this garbage then?
    I guess negative exposure is still exposure. We should stop and ban Kanye here forever. Half of the WTF thread is about him anyway. In fact, we post shit about him here so much it isn't really WTF anymore... In all seriousness, we should really not talk and discuss this nonsense here.
    Grailed link

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

At least we still have Cathy Horyn

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
        • Apr 2008

Katie Eary and KFC ... ultimate fast fashion

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
          Amazing how a guy that's preaching for the further democratization of fashion can alienate his fanboys.
          These are the same fan boys though who are spending thousands on his "limited edition" sneakers.

Comment

• patR
            • Apr 2015

Is it just me, or is the construction of the hoodies very similar to Haider Ackermann's? The bunched (ruched?) hemline. The seam placement on the upper arm. Similar looking hood...

Hell, he even wears the original one here: http://i.imgur.com/0wDYde4.jpg

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by patR View Post
              http://i.imgur.com/QNWcqhD.jpg

Is it just me, or is the construction of the hoodies very similar to Haider Ackermann's? The bunched (ruched?) hemline. The seam placement on the upper arm. Similar looking hood...

Hell, he even wears the original one here: http://i.imgur.com/0wDYde4.jpg
              He's known to basically replicate his favorite pieces from various designers into his own collaborations. Didn't he do a whole collection for APC in this manner? The green Ermanno Scervino fur lined coat springs to mind.

APC x Kanye:

Ermanno Scervino:

Comment

• gregor
                • Oct 2014

when it comes to his clothing, the man couldn't have a good or original idea to save his life.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Law View Post
                  Casting for the Walking Dead.
                  More like the extras from Zion, in the Matrix trilogy(10/10 costume design for the main cast btw).

Honestly, who cares what he does. Maybe this means more young guys he's trying to target will be open to the idea of style(which West has already accomplished through music), and venture into better things.

Comment

• devour
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
                    More like the extras from Zion, in the Matrix trilogy(10/10 costume design for the main cast btw).

Honestly, who cares what he does. Maybe this means more young guys he's trying to target will be open to the idea of style(which West has already accomplished through music), and venture into better things.

I dont think being unoriginal is a good first step in opening the minds of youngsters.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by devour View Post
                      I dont think being unoriginal is a good first step in opening the minds of youngsters.
                      I hardly think they care for the ideas he propose at his shows other than the shoes. He isn't styling the pieces well anyway, and the sheer number of looks per row completely takes any of that away. He is however, showing young people only used to the main stream, something very different from what mass media showcases, and that it's okay for it to be around.

Rick Warren has a popular quote on something like this.

Our Culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestlye, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.
                      The set up for his show is terrible btw, very camera-centric. Completely ignores the fact that you have a live audience there who want to see the clothes.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post

Legitimate young designers who have watch in frustration this moron hogging attention just because he is a celeb, while they couldn't get a journalist to come to their show no matter how good they are.

Journalists who have to go see this garbage in order to maintain good relationship with a powerful PR company. No one has the fight within them anymore - only Cathy Horyn and Alex Fury.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

I don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm clearly not the target market for it any more than for whatever limited edition sneaker collab is dropping every hour, and I'm not an industry person who is forced into pretending to care, so whatever, it's irrelevant. It has nothing to do with me or most of you guys too, I wish people would stop bringing it into the SZ bubble like it does.
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Legitimate young designers who have watch in frustration this moron hogging attention just because he is a celeb, while they couldn't get a journalist to come to their show no matter how good they are.

Journalists who have to go see this garbage in order to maintain good relationship with a powerful PR company. No one has the fight within them anymore - only Cathy Horyn and Alex Fury.
                            That's a good point that I didn't even think about. NYFW is so irrelevant that I forgot there were designers getting hurt from this.

Comment

• Law
                              • Dec 2013

The “New Slave” Sweatshirt is based off of the song “New Slaves” from the multifaceted artist/producer, Kanye West. This design is a rendition of his opinion on consumerism and how it can be compared to a “new form a slavery” seen today. The phrase “100% Hand-Picked Cotton” is a double entente of literally picking this particular garment to wear.

Comment

• En.
                                • May 2015

Already knew where that was going before reading the description. It's a sweatshirt with a message about consumerism aimed at that same consumerism to make money.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎