I felt that one could go either way.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
      • Sep 2008

Comment

• yubbermax
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
        [IMG]http://s7.postimg.org/tbgg7g6sb/Schermafbeelding_2016_03_05_om_15_30_08.png[/IMG
        If you think those are wtf then you should see some more of Carol's earlier work...

Comment

• Thirteen
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by yubbermax View Post
          If you think those are wtf then you should see some more of Carol's earlier work...
          Care to share photos?

Comment

• yubbermax
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Care to share photos?
            Ok, here's SS00: http://imgur.com/a/u9oMQ nsfwish

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by yubbermax View Post
              Ok, here's SS00: http://imgur.com/a/u9oMQ nsfwish
              From a pure design and materials standpoint I don't have a problem with that collection. True WTF should be reserved for his early/mid 90s work which was straight eurotrash outfits.... but we all come from somewhere and designs evolve to create your own "voice" so although it is entertaining to look back, the design evolution as a whole is still fascinating to see.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• scanner
                • Mar 2015

I agree to a certain extent, however, that horse tail is most definitely WTF

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

The Balenciaga show.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• scanner
                    • Mar 2015

Yeah, what was up with those Boxy / Tootsie / 9-5 looks?

The Nylon Puffers and shapes of the Leathers were interesting, though, I don't think we need two 'Vetements'.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      The Balenciaga show.
                      "oh idk I guess I will take the most generic clothing I can find and "play with volumes" cause thats edgy"
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Don't shoot me but I think... it's pretty good. Their deconstructionist schtick works better for me with the high level production and fabrication of a big house like Balenciaga, rather than the re-worked thrift store finds of Vetements. Overall, better than I expected, but not looking forward to the endless reviews fawning over it.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        The Balenciaga show.
                        music

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by eleves View Post

MORE TERRIBLE SHIT:

http://hypebeast.com/2016/3/vetement...porary-fashion

Probably one of the more cringeworthy "articles" I've read in a while.
                          95% sure this is paid native content. At least everyone in the comments felt the same.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

As I have said before and I will say again, at the center of every Culture there is a CULT.
                            one of the central features of a Cult is that the insiders are so devoted that their devotion defies all reason and logic. The outsiders cannot possibly fathom what could make the devotees so committed to such bullshit.

I think we are seeing across all aspects of society a kind of Dionysian devotion to the absurd that it cannot be processed through pragmatic sensibilities.

The rise of Trump in Politics
                            The rise of the Kardashians to high culture
                            and now in fashion, a while spectrum of bullshit designers the likes of which we have never seen in all my years of being both a student of, and a practitioner of this craft.

He who shall not be named had the biggest show of NY fashion week. and it ever city and fashion capital the bullshit goes on....

Miguel Adrover must be ruing that he came a decade and a half too early, because what he made, makes all of this garbage we are seeing look pedestrian and elementary school level

McQueen, Chalayan, Theyskens and Ghesquire were the last of the truly great designers who got mainstream recognition.

I think the Cutlure and society that produced great designers is DEAD,
                            There is a reason why people like Ann, Margiela etc have left this business. There is a reason Raf quit Dior.
                            To make good clothes takes time and thought.
                            Time to develop ones techniques and to flesh out ones ideas.
                            thought to be able to use ones imagination, the ultimate source of the capacity to create. today's designers are not given the chance to do either of those
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• gregor
                              • Oct 2014

Searching for new medium dustbag? We’ve got Guidi Men's Accessories starting at $57 and plenty of other Men's Accessories. Shop our selection of Guidi today!

rick dust bags were one thing... what's next, ccp rice bags?

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

There was already a listing on eBay for CCP ricebag and tags only last week. Next up.... Rick Owens shoebox
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎