X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • curiouscharles
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
    People trashing that are most definitely in the wrong place.

-

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

I mean what's WTF about it, it's a simple informative review that's easier to digest than a thread of cunty SZ denizens and fabric codes and not a single person in the comments said anything except it being useful.

Fashion isn't finance capital, it doesn't need to be obscured to be "successful."

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
        You should tell us why you don't like it, instead of replying with cheeky smilies. I'm certainly curious, friend.
        who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
          You should tell us why you don't like it, instead of replying with cheeky smilies. I'm certainly curious, friend.
          that's not a cheeky smile, the code for that smiley is literally "huh".

i suppose i just wonder what the point of such things is, comes across as narcissistic and self serving / promotional [for the creator].

but perhaps i just presume a certain level of self-assuredness in taste & purchasing decisions among our niche.

personally, i cannot possibly imagine why someone would seek such a video out.

but, if people find them useful, then great - enjoy!

i'll retreat to my cave and keep quiet. [promise]

-

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
            i suppose i just wonder what the point of such things is, comes across as narcissistic and self serving / promotional [for the creator].

but perhaps i just presume a certain level of self-assuredness in taste & purchasing decisions among our niche.

personally, i cannot possibly imagine why someone would seek such a video out.
            Well, there we go. I don't feel one way or the other about the video. I'm not sure it's as much narcissism that motivates this as much as it is educational. I'd like to assume this was made with the latter motivator in mind.
            Last edited by ADreamofBlue; 03-09-2016, 04:46 PM. Reason: accidentally a word
            who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• curiouscharles
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
              Well, there we go. I don't feel one or the other about the video. I'm not sure it's as much narcissism that motivates this as much as it is educational. I'd like to assume this was made with the latter motivator in mind.
              I will assume as much as well, and stop belittling and/or questioning others' efforts at community building.

-

Comment

• Fenix
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                ^

Whats wrong with that? I though that was quiet informative for the uninitiated.
                This to me is basically what is wrong with everything here today. Everybody is a self proclaimed expert after 1-2 footwear purchases.
                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                Grow up.

Comment

• chandler
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by augustinn View Post
                  Answer is yes.
                  CCP rice bag + tag (for Drips) just sold on eBay for $31.00
                  The cynic in me wonders if this bought by a counterfeiter to make their goods seem more legitimate.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                    This to me is basically what is wrong with everything here today. Everybody is a self proclaimed expert after 1-2 footwear purchases.
                    Yeah, there's a bunch of random incorrect information in it.
                    I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

This is definitely how I feel, I'm just making an effort to be less of a cunt I suppose.

Love,

Charles [the cunt]

-

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                        • Jan 2013

I didn't watch the full video, but having a video of the boot "in motion" shows you way more about the piece than all the photos available online combined. It's great from a democratizing perspective since it's very hard to see CCP in person unless you buy it / already know people who own it. I have slight qualms about this democratizing if it leads to those kids who hoard sneakers and make youtube videos to start moving to SZ footwear, but that's probably improbable / harmless...

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

Maybe not a "real" WTF:

Rick Owens at the Supreme store opening – where’s your god satan now?

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

A collaboration coming soon?
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 13we2
                              • Sep 2015

I didn't know it would take an "expert" to give an introduction to CCP boots, even less so on how to tell a fake/real, etc.

Comment

• Fenix
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                                I didn't know it would take an "expert" to give an introduction to CCP boots, even less so on how to tell a fake/real, etc.
                                You probably are a big fan of Fox News too, huh?

My point was, know wtf you are talking about if you are going to do a review or whatever that video was. I've owned a dozen pairs of CCP footwear and don't consider myself an expert but I can tell you those boots in the video sure don't look to be kangaroo leather.
                                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                                Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎