X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newp
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    That was why I posted it. What else did you notice?

So, which one of you bought it?
    First obvious thing it's unbuttoned. Actually it's crazily inconvenient to wear such tunic with unbuttoned collar, it starts to fall from your shoulders.

Comment

• derpington
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by newp View Post
      Doesn't he wear it backwards on top of it?
      The Yooxification of fashion.

The further you are removed from the Creator's design and MSRP, the more and more bizarre the styling choices and general confusion about simple things such as how to even put garments on it becomes. You start at the Platonic ideal of the runway show, then somewhere down the line you have sale items with questionable pairings like a RO shearling with Dolce & Gabbana distressed jeans, then the Yoox backwards clothing, until you finally come to a Grailed user wearing a pair of Memphis jeans as a scarf, with a DRKSHDW tunic shirt tied around his otherwise nude waist like a towel and one unzipped Geobasket on his head like a crown, rubbing two sticks together attempting to start a fire inside his apartment.
      Last edited by derpington; 11-25-2016, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• newp
        • Feb 2013

Yes, one can wear this tunic upside down since it has an almost proper collar and even shoulder seams. That's the point of its appearance but I wait patiently till I see a photo.

Comment

• NothingFiner
          • May 2015

Found these (I assume fake) Rick Owens sneakers at Tokio 7 today.

Comment

• richard_cao
            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by NothingFiner View Post
            DO NOT REPOST IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE

Found these (I assume fake) Rick Owens sneakers at Tokio 7 today.
            LOL They actually look quite nice tho.
            Never dress down.

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

They are prototypes.
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• deltapie
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                They are prototypes.
                Indeed, I believe there was a light blue version of these on Spence at some point that people also thought were fakes.
                "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

Nordstrom is selling a small rock in some sort of a leather diaper for $85. And it sold out.

​The description reads:

“This smooth Los Angeles-area stone — wrapped in rich, vegetable-tanned American leather secured by sturdy contrast whipstitching — is sure to draw attention wherever it rests…"

On the plus side, I'm close to saying that I've seen it all.

sain't

Comment

• Verdandi
                    • Mar 2012

That one really wins this thread. 85 for a....rock? I mean, that's a cute little leather pouch but it looks like something you'd do in an arts and crafts workshop and then gift to your aunt.
                    lavender menace

Comment

• bukka
                      • Sep 2011

Comment section is priceless:

5Everything you want in a rock. And more.
                      With a lineage going back to the Stone Age, I consider myself a true rock connoisseur. And boy does this one deliver the goods. Big time. Buy now

This rocks!
                      My neighbor Fred gave me one of these that he had bought while visiting relatives.
                      I get the simplicity of it but haven't figured out the functionality yet. I have attached it to the right hand side of my belt as an embellishment, and havfe had lots of compliments.
                      It does seem to give me a bias to starboard and I haven't figured that out yet. I'm wondering if I should buy another one for the left side but still have doubts about the functionality. Maybe if I get a pair I will get another small one in a little while?.
                      Four stars for doubts about functionality.

Yep
                      It's definitely a rock, folks! Just as advertised. A+
                      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

You definitely need this if you wanna riot but consider yourself fancy.
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                          That one really wins this thread. 85 for a....rock? I mean, that's a cute little leather pouch but it looks like something you'd do in an arts and crafts workshop and then gift to your aunt.

Hi Verdandi,

It's nice to see a reply from you. Feels like a bit of a ghost town around here since my return. :(

I giggled reading your "gift it to your aunt" comment. I have this aunt who lives on a small island off the coast of Croatia – very old-school, simple woman – and I could just see her face now if I ever handed her a rock in a leather pocket, lol.. "All that design schooling and this is what you come up with??"
                          She would totally think I was a few peas short of a pod..

That rock is as useless as a penis on a priest.

sain't

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                            I'm less confused by the price (I've seen socks sell for $200), more confused by the fact that, well, it's a rock. And some thought it's a good idea to sell one. And a store buyer saw it, and thought, shit, we need to have this!

it would actually be less confusing without the pouch. Then it'd just be a rock and you could call it a paper weight or something, ridicilous but hardly the craziest thing people buy. But with the pouch, it's kind of like it should have a purpose, but I can't figure out what it is. Maybe if it had a belt loop, it could be carried around by some lonely soul. But it doesn't have a belt loop, goddammit.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ian+
                              • Dec 2011

At least this has a leather pouch, what about the might Supreme brick that came out earlier this season?

in case you wonder it sold out
                              ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                                Hi Verdandi,

It's nice to see a reply from you. Feels like a bit of a ghost town around here since my return. :(

I giggled reading your "gift it to your aunt" comment. I have this aunt who lives on a small island off the coast of Croatia – very old-school, simple woman – and I could just see her face now if I ever handed her a rock in a leather pocket, lol.. "All that design schooling and this is what you come up with??"
                                She would totally think I was a few peas short of a pod..

That rock is as useless as a penis on a priest.

Maybe these rocks will be needed for Political purposes. Where guns are not allowed a stone will do.

Priests are known to wield illicit penis power. after all in some circles only bodies with penises are eligible to be made priests..........LOL
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎