Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agent L
    • Sep 2006

Mixmaster: You should consider a PAM 288 as well. Radiomir Chronograph.

IWC Big Pilot:

And for Eton: Agreed with the PVD coatings. Cheapens the timepiece IMHO. I kind of wish my Deepsea had a cyclops eye...

And this might be something that CCP would concoct ; )

Motorcycle accident.

Whatever you choose Mixmaster, congrats and post some picks when you've pulled the trigger!

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
      • Oct 2010

Agent L: Thanks for all the suggestions and pictures. I'm off to Hong Kong in June/July so my plan is to continue doing my homework for the time being and go search for the piece I decide on when I'm in HK =)

Just a quick question, how do you find the DSSD? Do you think it makes a good everyday watch? Also, if you had a choice between a Luminor at around the same price, which one would you pick?

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

Agent. Why haven't you replaced the crystal im the oyster rolex considering the diamond face?
        Also not 100% sure with the deepsea, but with rolex you can
        interchange between Cyclopes and non-Cyclopes crystal faces.
        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Agent L
          • Sep 2006

Mix: I was never interested in the DS until I saw it in person. Once I put it on, I had to have it. I'm into heftier watches so this fit the bill. It's a tank and is serious heavy metal. As for an everyday watch... It's large size and weight can be noticeable and I find myself more careful around things.

Eton: I haven't replaced the crystal on it yet because I kind of dig the way it looks all smashed up ; ) Quite a conversational piece whenever I wear it. Plus, it reminds me of the day I almost died but made it through...

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
            A.....I have the green face milgauss and IMO its the best of my rolex and the one I wear more than any other.....and it's throne most people ask me about.
            milgauss is a sweeeet watch... if i ever decide to get another rolex, that's high up on the list.

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

Is the deep sea a lit bigger than the submariner? Was thinking about the latter...

Originally posted by Agent L View Post
              Mix: I was never interested in the DS until I saw it in person. Once I put it on, I had to have it. I'm into heftier watches so this fit the bill. It's a tank and is serious heavy metal. As for an everyday watch... It's large size and weight can be noticeable and I find myself more careful around things.

Eton: I haven't replaced the crystal on it yet because I kind of dig the way it looks all smashed up ; ) Quite a conversational piece whenever I wear it. Plus, it reminds me of the day I almost died but made it through...
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• gnow
                • Jun 2010

^ it is bigger if I'm not wrong.

Comment

• morsto
                  • Nov 2008

yes its 43mm where a sub is 40mm, but the deep sea is also really really thick, which i don't like that much, especially if it's to be your only watch as it will be seen easily through certain clothing etc.
                  personally I use a 116610LV
                  I do not recognise the vessel,
                  but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                    • Oct 2010

^ was offered a 116610LV at a really good price, but didn't take it up as I felt it could possibly be difficult to match the green with the clothes I wear. What's your experience with that?

Comment

• morsto
                      • Nov 2008

green watch and black clothes is fine
                      The cool thing about 116610LV is that the dial is not just green, it's made of green gold, which makes it look black from certain angles. So from distance people don't really see an all green watch.
                      This vid shows it partially: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhsjizEjuHI
                      I do not recognise the vessel,
                      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                        Is the deep sea a lit bigger than the submariner? Was thinking about the latter...
                        The Deep-sea is bloody massive - its like wearing a brick on your wrist - hard to carry off unless you can wear massive watches...i have smallish wrists so its a no go for me

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                        milgauss is a sweeeet watch... if i ever decide to get another rolex, that's high up on the list.

cheers Shucks - i've worn many over the years, and honestly its the one the i find hardest to take off, and get most excited about putting on....only actually take it off coz i have the daytona and feel guilty not wearing it.....

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                          • Oct 2010

The green milgauss is a really nice watch. It's really clean yet not boring imo. The only thing that I don't like about it is the lack of a date. While the daytona doesn't have a date either, I really enjoy the business of the dial (contrary to what some people think).

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

is something hysterical about all agent l's tattoos against those tacky rolexes

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                              A.....I have the green face milgauss and IMO its the best of my rolex and the one I wear more than any other.....and it's throne most people ask me about.

I have a stainless black daytona as well, and i wouldn't ever blacken it.

I've handled these black rolexes and they are not as nice/badass as you think. Plus the blackening method is not particulary hard-wearing. Bit like ccp black. Starts off kinda black but after a couple of wears starts to gain in complexity. Fucking cool on a leather jacket....no so cool on a watch
                              Interesting to hear about the PVD treatment. I appreciate the heads up.

I've been looking around for a 1981 SS datejust. Just something to match my birth year :) Simple and classic... goes with everything.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

A - I assume you've got some good secondhand rolex dealers in your area.....we've got some excellent vintage rolex stores in London.
                                I think I know exactly what the 1981 SS date just looks like, and it's a timeless classic. Shouldn't be too hard to find it at a vintage store. If not give me a shout next time your in London and I'll point you in the right direction

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎