Clear All
  • Zenith
    • Jun 2009

IWC or bust.

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      Does anyone know if there's a stockist for Montre Noire in London? Couturelab used to carry them, but apparently stopped.
      are you looking specifically for a blackened / pro hunter rolex range? I know of several places in london that sell them....let me know
      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• stephlinn
        • May 2012

I wear a fugly $10 timex piece on the inside of my wrist and that does me just fine (although people get weirdly worked up because I wear it on the inside). The only reason I even wear a watch is because I lose my cell phone all the time, and I hate being late. Maybe expensive watches are mainly a guy thing, because I really don't understand the appeal.

Comment

• fncyths
          • Apr 2010

I love the designs of Uniform Wares. Since I've never seen one in person I'm curious about the craftsmanship. Clean lines. Influenced by Rams and Bill for sure.

Originally posted by Shucks
          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• mw000
            • Jan 2009

IWC top gun is nice. IWC Big Pilot Perpetual Top Gun is pretty sweet. Although it is busier than I would normally like.

Comment

• mw000
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
              are you looking specifically for a blackened / pro hunter rolex range? I know of several places in london that sell them....let me know
              If you don't need a branded black Rolex I have a contact for a guy that does great DLC work on any existing piece. His prices are very reasonable as well.

He also does bead blasting too which is a very cool finish. It's matte stainless with the fine sheen of titanium

Comment

• fncyths
                • Apr 2010

IWC make great watches! Here's a cool Bell & Ross that I've been diggin' on lately :

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                  • Jun 2009

I own a B&R and love it. Isnt that a pocket watch, though? WHat's the model
                  Le 21ème

Comment

• teeteet
                    • Dec 2009

This is actually a dial used by BR about 10 years ago, on its Platinum watches limited to 99 pieces -- way before BR hit it big with the BR01 series. Seems to be powered by the same automatic caliber that was created around ten years ago by Vincent Calabrese: a Swiss-based watchmaking prodigy of Italian origin. Movement base is ETA 2892. The original one is a classic: http://www.luxurybazaar.com/items/it...m__Silver.html

Comment

• fncyths
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
                      I own a B&R and love it. Isnt that a pocket watch, though? WHat's the model
                      It's the jumping hour watch. Love the design! Thanks for the link teeteet! I know that particular version is the limited edition. They have other versions of the jumping hour watch as well that don't dent the savings as much. BH are beautiful!

Comment

• teeteet
                        • Dec 2009

It's swiss made but designed in France. BR is founded by Carlos and Bruno, from what I hear Bruno is the creative one, and they are both based in France. Chanel owns a stake in them, can't go wrong. But I wish they could improve on the movements they use... at least the finishing. Try to find some of the earlier BELL & ROSS by SINN pieces, really cool stuff!!

Comment

• several_girls
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
                          I love the designs of Uniform Wares. Since I've never seen one in person I'm curious about the craftsmanship. Clean lines. Influenced by Rams and Bill for sure.
                          I hear the craftsmanship is nothing special. They are quartz movement, yes?

I also a fan of the design in theory, but the execution is too spare for me. It's actually so hollow and unfeeling as to no longer look like a watch to me but a toy. Ikea furniture. The design seems to be removed from participation in the actual "timepiece" design conversation (regardless of craftsmanship)

The funny part is I've considered buying something from Issey Miyake, whose watches are even more minimal. I couldn't explain this apparent contradiction to you.

Comment

• teeteet
                            • Dec 2009

IKEA is the perfect answer. These watches are mass produced, just like IKEA. Same goes for the expensive Swiss watches, they just want you to think otherwise with all the expensive marketing campaigns. At the end of the day, they are more like assemblers, they don't make anything themselves. Insiders know this all too well.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

New obsession

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Deuce
                                • Jun 2012

Didn't realise there was a watch thread. Here's mine;

Rolex Datejust /w white gold bezel (16014)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎