• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHRIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2006

Re: S/S 07 on Luisaviaroma

apparently 'the archive' ordered it in black, which makes me really, really happy.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]apparently 'the archive' ordered it in black, which makes me really, really happy.[/quote]

is that the one in San Fran?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

They've added a few things, this knit is pretty cool:

I can't believe how awful Dsquared and Dolce are, not that I'm a fan of either but this is really rock bottom. Who wants to buy nylon pants for 300 euro or a plain hoodie for 700 euro? I can't imagine someone spending thousands of dollars to look like they're going to the gym.

I think I want the Dior safari jacket but I have mixed feelings. The details are really piled on which can be gimmicky, but it just looks so cool! I also know it will be somewhat of an "it" item which turns me off, I don't like to be so obvious with the stuff I wear. What do you guys think, anyone else going after it?

music

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Just for clarity, here's the safari:

music

Comment

• minomni
            • Oct 2006

i'd like to get the safari jacket in black.. though i'm not too excited about the $2300 price tag. the details are nice.. but i agree, not very subtle and will definitely be associated with the dior boy campaign image.

Comment

• mike
              • Dec 2006

The back looks a bit strange:

Comment

• djrajio
                • Sep 2006

That safari jacket looks like expensive garbage imo. Way too many details; its just seems so busy and a pain to actually put on. Plus, the zipper is definitely a YKK zipper. And judging by the way they cut the back and the way you strap it, it'll look akward and uncomfortable to walk in. $2300 for a cotton jacket? No thanks.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]That safari jacket looks like expensive garbage imo. Way too many details; its just seems so busy and a pain to actually put on. Plus, the zipper is definitely a YKK zipper. And judging by the way they cut the back and the way you strap it, it'll look akward and uncomfortable to walk in. $2300 for a cotton jacket? No thanks.[/quote]

2nd. these cheap zippers are so frigging irritating - it's an insult. they look really cheap too, like plastic.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Yea, you guys are probably right, all the details are probably a bit much in person and it has a chance of looking cheap/tacky in person. And even with that detail it's way overpriced for cotton. I called the NY Dior boutique to get my name on the list for it and they said they're only getting one! Seems strange to me, I assume it's only one in a 46 maybe they'll have more in bigger sizes. They aren't getting the cutaway tuxedo jacket with the little belt closure at all which is the other thing I was interested in. You would think the New York flagship would get everything from the show.
                    music

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="djrajio"]That safari jacket looks like expensive garbage imo. Way too many details; its just seems so busy and a pain to actually put on. Plus, the zipper is definitely a YKK zipper. And judging by the way they cut the back and the way you strap it, it'll look akward and uncomfortable to walk in. $2300 for a cotton jacket? No thanks.[/quote]

2nd. these cheap zippers are so frigging irritating - it's an insult. they look really cheap too, like plastic.

[/quote]

It's especially insulting since we are, essentially, the target market. How are we supposed to qualify paying what other people consider "absurd" amounts of money for clothing when they aren't even willing to make them higher quality than something I could pick up for $100? In my opinion, anything with zippers thats more than about $400 should have Riri or comparable zippers, no question. We all know how much these garments cost to make, if they aren't willing to lose $20 (in all likeliness far less) from an item after its insane mark-up, then I don't see why they expect us to just swallow it.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

BTW, what do you guys think of the knit I posted?
                        music

Comment

• een
                          • Sep 2006

Enjoying this conversation....

Not really interested in the safari jacket, but I'd suggest the back is the better half.

Easy on the zipper fetish....yeah, I prefer RiRi, but the upper end YKK is just fine - I have a pile of Comme from the early nineties with nothing but....

those on the 'safari' look like the chunky nylon YKK zips preferred by North Face et al....actually work pretty well. Hard to tell givin the 'wealth' of details, but there must be at least $30-40 worth of YKK on that jacket at wholesale - figure at least $300 at retail.

Comment

• mike
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="casem83"]BTW, what do you guys think of the knit I posted?[/quote]

I think it looks like something an old lady would wear...

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mike"]

I think it looks like something an old lady would wear...

[/quote]

LOL, that's a hip old lady ;-)
                              music

Comment

• Servo2000
                                • Oct 2006

I rather like the pattern and the idea. The shapes are pretty interesting and the cut looks pretty nice, but I don't care much for the fabric. I've never been a fan of sheer fabrics, personally, (I imagine that's a bit of an acquired taste that I'll obtain in a time) and it's a little too close for me.

Not sheer to the point of being able to see through it, but something bugs me about the way you can see his jeans through the knit. I'm sure that you could wear a shirt under it and completely solve the "problem" though.
                                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎