X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: S/S 07 on Luisaviaroma

Sorry to get off topic with more zipper talk, but since people where talking about whether the zippers on this safari are cheap or not, just checked my Dior jacket from S/S 06 and the zipper is Lampo (the one I'm currently wearing in WAYT). Is Lampo considered a step up from YKK? I don't think zippers are everything, but it's intersting to know about and could be an indication of cutting corners or not.
    music

Comment

• nairb49
      • Dec 2006

oh dear, here come the negatives.

I wasn't a fan of the knit, the cut looked nice but that pattern is too much. As for the Safari, if the knit is too much, then I don't know what this is.

Minomi, I can see it having potential in black, but that khaki colour really pushes it I think, too much visual stimulation. but I've always been a minimalist, what do I know ;)

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

That's it, KVA has officially gone down the toilet, just noticed this (sorry this is so much fun!).

That's right folks, the underwear is sewn into the pants. So now you too can have the sag-ass underwear showing look without the effort!

music

Comment

• nairb49
          • Dec 2006

I should dig up the black elastic waist/hem sweatpants with tartan plaid boxer waistband sewn on that I used to sport way back when.

It would take this pair to town and back.

Comment

• cbdas
            • Oct 2006

The 2 Rick Owens jacketsare my personal highlights of the SS07 buy , totally floors all the Dior leather.

Comment

• macuser3of5
              • Sep 2006

casem83: If the knit was something other than white, yeah... It just seems so... plain with that color. If only it was a dusty rose or beige.

Also, though I am always the optimist (add more stuff LVR plz), what in the flying fuck is that Raf Simons buy supposed to be? They still haven't updated any of it. Eeech.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Casem, Lampo = good.

I agree on the better YKKs een's opinion.

Anyway, enough about zippers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the knit at all. I guess it was supposed to look non-chalant, but it looks sloppy and flimsy instead. It might look better in person, who knows.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

That's it, KVA has officially gone down the toilet, just noticed this (sorry this is so much fun!).

That's right folks, the underwear is sewn into the pants. So now you too can have the sag-ass underwear showing look without the effort![/quote]

lol, I actually looked at those earlier and thought they looked good butI didnt realize that the waistband is sewn! [:S]

I wonder how'd they look if I wore them,I'd probablyhave two layers of underwear showing then..

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="mike b"][quote user="casem83"]

That's right folks, the underwear is sewn into the pants. So now you too can have the sag-ass underwear showing look without the effort![/quote]

lol, I actually looked at those earlier and thought they looked good butI didnt realize that the waistband is sewn! [:S]

I wonder how'd they look if I wore them,I'd probablyhave two layers of underwear showing then..

[/quote]

The whole point is not to wear underwear [:P]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks for the mental image, Faust. [:S]

Some of the women's Ann Dem stuff looks good, although the pics are really awful.

This jacket is gorgeous:

And I also like the wrap shirts--definitely something I might buy (unlike the jacket, sigh).

I got all excited when I saw Bruno Pieters, but either the buy is bad, or the stuff just isn't so good off the runway. Or the pics are just really crap.

Honestly, could they make the clothes look any worse? [^o)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I don't think they have the sensibility that correpsonds to that of many designers that they sell. I've been to the actual store - it's a Eurotrash la-la land. [+o(]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

wow, that sucks.. would've expected it to be nicer.

funny thing, I used their question form to ask for measurements on a dior shirt, I got a reply in Finnish (my language), a person working there that read my question just happened to befrom here[H]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

The women's Ann stuff is much better, that wrap shirt is cool but it seems to make that model look bigger then I assume she is. Probably just typical unflattering LVR photography.
                            music

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Isn't it ridiculous? You can tell from the other pics that she is extremely slender, and they managed to make her look like she has a pot belly.

I think I would wear it layered under a dark knit, so it wouldn't be such a vast expanse of shirt.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• cbdas
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Thanks for the mental image, Faust. [:S]

Some of the women's Ann Dem stuff looks good, although the pics are really awful.

This jacket is gorgeous:

[^o)]

[/quote]

I really like that and was hoping LVR would pick up the simular Mens version(at least Aloharag are) , I just hope its cheaper than 1,800+

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎