• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Oh, and I also bought a pair of Ann Dem sandals for Mrs. Faust. They don't look like much on the pic, but I'm sure they'll be good in person.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

damnit i really should grow a pair and head in to u&i but i will most definitely have an anxiety attack. T:

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

wow that belt is awesome! and i'm feeling that hoody.
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Very nice pick ups Drexl. That Ann D. coat is amazing and that belt looks quite nice.
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Today I bought a tire. Farking sucks - blew mine in a pothole, $150 out-the-window. I don't mind spending money, but I hate wasting it.
            [/quote]

this is when you regret not buying the tire insurance... haha

damn, audi's must be running some nice tires... $150! maybe you should've mail-ordered it (still ends up being cheaper with shipping!)

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Faust, I feel your pain on the tires. I had to replace all 4 of mine on my Audi about 5 months ago! But atleast I got a good 25,000 miles or more out of 'em.
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

[quote user="Faust"]Today I bought a tire. Farking sucks - blew mine in a pothole, $150 out-the-window. I don't mind spending money, but I hate wasting it.
                [/quote]

this is when you regret not buying the tire insurance... haha

damn, audi's must be running some nice tires... $150! maybe you should've mail-ordered it (still ends up being cheaper with shipping!)

[/quote]

Mmm, I didn't know they have tire insurance :-) Yea, I don't mind paying a lot for tires, they are one of the most important things on the car, safety wise. I run the same exact assymetric all-weathers for 7 years, and (knock on wood) so far they've proved superb. I order from Tirerack - it's the cheapest I know - comes out to $130, but you also pay for mounting.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drexl
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice, drexl! Gorgeous jacket (and boots, of course). Dramatic is exactly the first word that came to my mind - I wish you yould've seen the beige one in person, now that is really dramatic. I still deliberated buying it at Ann's store in Antwerp, but my sanity prevailed (it's definitely more of a museum piece, or a rock-star piece). And I agree, because it is unstructured, it doesn't look like much on the hanger. Does your have contrasting fabric too? Mine is really made up of two types of fabric on the outside and on the inside. I think that's why it's so expensive, a lot of work went into constructing it.

P.S. Love the belt too, misplaced holes are neat. [Y]

[/quote]

Thanks! Naw, unfortunately mine doesn't have the contrast fabric under the lapel (those jackets were even more expensive than mine), just the cream striped lining on the body. That detail is really beautiful, I'd always wear it buttoned only at the top to show it off, haha. I also love the way the folded back of the jacket creates volume on the sides too.

Comment

• mesh
                    • Dec 2006

You guys got it way too easy, mine only last 12k miles.

Drexl really nice hoody,does that piece happen to be made in italy?

Comment

• drexl
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]

[/quote]

Sadly, it's made in China (yet still priced at $575...for a 100% cotton knit) [:@]

Comment

• mesh
                        • Dec 2006

Sadly it's becoming more of a phenomenon I guess, were they made in italy or somewhere in eastern europe before?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Sick purchases Drexl. Loving that belt too. Mihara is so hit or miss but some of those pieces are just plain stunning.

That Ann jacket is one I haven't seen in stores. If it's like those runway shots... man it's a killer!

Haha, you guys and your Audi's.... I'll be receiving some form of a Camry in about a month for med school. Simple, no frills, gets me from point A to B... that's all I need/want hehehe

Sorry to hear about the bad luck Faust.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

Drexl and Faust, you guys are killing me!

Both of you with two purchases at the top of my wishlist - that Ann D Jacket in XXS, and those Officine Creative boots in 39... Well done guys :)
                            At least I can live vicariously through your purchases!

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="drexl"][quote user="mesh"]

[/quote]

Sadly, it's made in China (yet still priced at $575...for a 100% cotton knit) [:@]

[/quote]

Wasn't her "cheap" stuff made in Romania or Portugal (I forget)?

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• deuxmille
                                • Nov 2006

Poland also. The quality isn't that bad, but it's not well finished at all. Tons of loose threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎